art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - Non Wot Discussion Boards > Archived: Non WoT Related Discussion 09/09 - 9/10
User Name
Password

Old 09-10-2010, 05:32 AM
Hero of the Horn

Hopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant future
Default Can I move to New Jersey

I like the way the Governor thinks and speaks.

Clash with Teacher

Dapple's Alpha
Guardian Wolf to Zaela Sedai and Packmate to the 'taer clan.
Greeter Emeritus

Training younglings to Howl since 1998

Jordan: I have always thought that the small whimper of a theory as it dies is a beautiful sound.
Old 09-10-2010, 06:28 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Ye Being In Which I Do Not Believe!

An honest politician! How did that one ever manage to get elected?
Old 09-10-2010, 07:41 AM
Hero of the Horn

Gilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond repute

You could move to New Jersey, but then you'd have to deal with Jersey Shore.

By: Steampunk Boba Fett
Old 09-10-2010, 08:08 AM
Inbred, Ugly, and Drunk on Corn Liquor

Sei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilshalos Sedai View Post

I'm thinking of starting Memphis Sandbar. I'm telling you, it'd be a hit.

I like that video, Hopper.

www.buckeyestation.com look at it, love it, share it with your friends!
Old 09-10-2010, 11:47 AM
Mistress of Novices

Zaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Zaela Sedai Send a message via MSN to Zaela Sedai Send a message via Yahoo to Zaela Sedai Send a message via Skype™ to Zaela Sedai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilshalos Sedai View Post

And the smell

The One, the Original, the ONLY Z
Beware of impostors

In Brandon We Trust
This TL Siren is bonded to Pops, XX, DaiShan and DeiwosTheSkyGod. Allied with Seeker and Guarded by Hopper
General of the Western Border, Valkyrie of the Autumn Storm, Destined Fury
Old 09-10-2010, 12:12 PM
Elder

fdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant futurefdsaf3 has a brilliant future

Why does everyone make fun of the smell in New Jersey? Parts of it are downright nice!
Old 09-10-2010, 04:05 PM
Hero of the Horn

Firseal has much to be proud ofFirseal has much to be proud ofFirseal has much to be proud ofFirseal has much to be proud ofFirseal has much to be proud ofFirseal has much to be proud ofFirseal has much to be proud ofFirseal has much to be proud ofFirseal has much to be proud ofFirseal has much to be proud ofFirseal has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Firseal

I am reminded of that one kind of fish that, a tiny bit of it is a delicacy. The rest is terrible poison.

New Jersey. Parts of it are nice...

"You don't have to convince me you have a point. You have to convince me you have a viable one."

"A candle at noon means nothing
A candle at midnight, everything."
Old 09-10-2010, 05:28 PM
Hero of the Horn

Ivhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Ivhon Send a message via Yahoo to Ivhon

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdsaf3 View Post
Why does everyone make fun of the smell in New Jersey? Parts of it are downright nice!
Yeah...there is about a 20 sq. mile area in central Jersey that is nice. The other 28,980....not so much

EDIT: And that 20 sq. mile area has one of the highest per capita densities of assholes in the country...so in a way, you are still dealing with the smell.

Proud owner of the first post on TL's VBulletin forum (sorry...I had ta )

Greeter Emeritus
Old 09-10-2010, 06:08 PM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firseal View Post
I am reminded of that one kind of fish that, a tiny bit of it is a delicacy. The rest is terrible poison.

New Jersey. Parts of it are nice...
I mean, you can't beat the Pine Barrens...some beautiful country out there. Driving through the Pine Barrens is like taking the Delorian back to 1955 for the level of "culture" you can see.

Oh, and in all seriousness, before moving to Jersey, check out their property taxes (highest in the U.S.)

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot
Old 09-10-2010, 06:49 PM
Hero of the Horn

Firseal has much to be proud ofFirseal has much to be proud ofFirseal has much to be proud ofFirseal has much to be proud ofFirseal has much to be proud ofFirseal has much to be proud ofFirseal has much to be proud ofFirseal has much to be proud ofFirseal has much to be proud ofFirseal has much to be proud ofFirseal has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Firseal

The Pine Barrens.

Really.

The ones inhabitted by the Jersey Devil.

Go right on in, folks. Mind the possible demonic monsters.

"You don't have to convince me you have a point. You have to convince me you have a viable one."

"A candle at noon means nothing
A candle at midnight, everything."
Old 09-11-2010, 09:45 PM
Mistress of Novices

Zaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Zaela Sedai Send a message via MSN to Zaela Sedai Send a message via Yahoo to Zaela Sedai Send a message via Skype™ to Zaela Sedai

Quote:
Originally Posted by fdsaf3 View Post

Because if you live in New England you have to drive through the smell to get to the "nice" parts. My father lives in Cherry Hill... taxes are about 10k a year I believe... rediculous. And the whole having to turn right to go left.... even more rediculous. If someone from CT is saying taxes are rediculous, you know it's bad LOL

I was also born in Atlantic City, so I can say whatever I want about NJ

Beware of impostors

In Brandon We Trust
This TL Siren is bonded to Pops, XX, DaiShan and DeiwosTheSkyGod. Allied with Seeker and Guarded by Hopper
Old 09-12-2010, 04:48 PM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaela Sedai View Post
Because if you live in New England you have to drive through the smell to get to the "nice" parts. My father lives in Cherry Hill... taxes are about 10k a year I believe... rediculous. And the whole having to turn right to go left.... even more rediculous. If someone from CT is saying taxes are rediculous, you know it's bad LOL

I was also born in Atlantic City, so I can say whatever I want about NJ
Cape May is nice...

Yeah, their taxes make New England's look affordable. I pay just under 2% of my property's value in taxes every year and think its outrageous. Though we do have really good schools so I cant complain all that much I guess. I think most of NJ has taxes nearly double that.

Zae, you Dad should just move over to the PA side of the river if he's in Cherry Hill. PA's property taxes are way lower.

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Last edited by Davian93; 09-12-2010 at 04:51 PM.
Old 09-13-2010, 10:25 AM
Mistress of Novices

I know they both work in Philly Hospitals. But I have 5 brothers and sisters down there so its more of a letting them finish school, youngest is in 8th grade this year...or is it 9th...

Plus I still have to drive through stinky Newark to get to Philly lol

Beware of impostors

In Brandon We Trust
Old 09-13-2010, 10:28 AM
Hero of the Horn

When I go to Philly to visit family, I take 87 to 287 to 78 over to Allentown and then come down the NE Extension into the Philly area...it avoids most of the crappy traffic in N. NJ and on 95 in Jersey.

You could take 84 to 87 to 287, etc if they lived on the PA side.

Old 09-13-2010, 11:21 AM
Mistress of Novices

Yeah you definitely can do that, but for me its a guaranteed 1.5 hour extra driving... there's always a SLIGHT CHANCE that I may not get stuck in traffic on the bridges....like 1% chance lol.

the ride to my family in Allentown is easy... I love 84...I detest 95... and the GW...and even the Tappanzee...see this is why we hate NJ so much... not only does it smell you can't get too it in the 3 hours it should take instead its 4 , and whenever you come home its more like 6 because of all the people trying to get the hell out..

Beware of impostors

In Brandon We Trust