art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - WoT Discussion Boards > Book Tour: Towers of Midnight
User Name
Password

Old 11-09-2010, 11:46 PM
Youngling

lord Mordeth is just really nicelord Mordeth is just really nicelord Mordeth is just really nicelord Mordeth is just really nicelord Mordeth is just really nicelord Mordeth is just really nice

I am - hi, Isa! Hopefully Tam will bump my status back up; I guess I've been gone so long I never registered on this board..
Old 11-10-2010, 01:20 AM
Hero of the Horn

Frenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Frenzy Send a message via Yahoo to Frenzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lord Mordeth View Post
PS. The standard for trivia was pretty iffy; I appeared to be the only person in my part of the room who remembered what the BA cat lady's name was...
totally. At the Sacramento signing they were handing out copies of Jason's ToM trailer to people who could name a Forsaken. And people struggled with that!

"How the hell do you Godwin a thread with CUCUMBERS!!?" -- Tru

"I love cucumber prawn... " -- Ivhon

"Have to catch me first. Scared shitless always outruns mad as hell." -- Sinistrum

"Some days I'm happy Frenzy doesn't live next door." -- Tamyrlin

"So Frenzy is a scientist then?" -- Davian
"Well duh. An Evil scientist. " -- Khoram
Old 11-10-2010, 02:58 AM
Youngling

lowlandr is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy View Post
totally. At the Sacramento signing they were handing out copies of Jason's ToM trailer to people who could name a Forsaken. And people struggled with that!
Just 1??

Death shall sow, and summer burn, before the Great Lord comes.
Death shall reap, and bodies fail, before the Great Lord comes.
Again the seed slays ancient wrong, before the Great Lord comes.

Now the Great Lord comes.
Old 11-10-2010, 04:15 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowlandr View Post
Just 1??
Well, giving the full original names might've been a bit of a challenge, I admit.
Old 11-10-2010, 06:00 AM
Youngling

lowlandr is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoTheGreat View Post
Well, giving the full original names might've been a bit of a challenge, I admit.

thus the question was if people could give the full original name of a Forsaken, or just name a Forsaken?

Death shall sow, and summer burn, before the Great Lord comes.
Death shall reap, and bodies fail, before the Great Lord comes.
Again the seed slays ancient wrong, before the Great Lord comes.

Now the Great Lord comes.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:16 AM
Youngling

JoeyEsq is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey guys. I was one of the Tower Guard at the NY signing. Sorry if the trivia questions were a little on the difficult side. My thinking when I came up with mine was probably geared more toward hardcore fans than casual ones... never occured to me that a casual reader might come to the signing.
Old 11-10-2010, 09:36 AM
Hero of the Horn

WinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to WinespringBrother

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyEsq View Post
Hey guys. I was one of the Tower Guard at the NY signing. Sorry if the trivia questions were a little on the difficult side. My thinking when I came up with mine was probably geared more toward hardcore fans than casual ones... never occured to me that a casual reader might come to the signing.
Don't sweat it, if you can stump an HCFF then it is the right difficulty level

"Oh, y'all [Theorylanders] are awesome with awesome sauce, but you ask a lot of tricky questions. I had to watch myself with you guys." - Maria

"I need to RAFO more things, I'm not being very Robert Jordan..." - Brandon
Old 11-10-2010, 10:57 PM
Youngling

lord Mordeth is just really nicelord Mordeth is just really nicelord Mordeth is just really nicelord Mordeth is just really nicelord Mordeth is just really nicelord Mordeth is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyEsq View Post
No, it was great to have some actual challenges! Did you pick the Birgitte quote? That was a good one - and of course a lot of people went for Mat instead.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:06 AM
Elder

Jonai has much to be proud ofJonai has much to be proud ofJonai has much to be proud ofJonai has much to be proud ofJonai has much to be proud ofJonai has much to be proud ofJonai has much to be proud ofJonai has much to be proud ofJonai has much to be proud ofJonai has much to be proud ofJonai has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to Jonai Send a message via AIM to Jonai Send a message via MSN to Jonai Send a message via Skype™ to Jonai

I don't know. I think naming Forsaken by their original names is still pretty easy. BA too. Sadly no signings near my town. Trivia at JC mayhaps? *weg*
Old 11-11-2010, 10:04 AM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Hmm...

Quote:
Towers of Midnight book tour 8 November 2010 Lincoln Triangle Barnes and Noble NY, NY - WinespringBrother reporting

Q: (a takeoff on Leigh's review) I've seen this somewhere before : gollumgollumgollum
A: Fain will not end up like Gollum. Though Harriet said he is even crazier than how he was shown in prologue.

Towers of Midnight book tour 8 November 2010 Lincoln Triangle Barnes and Noble NY, NY - Sarayne reporting

Q: Is Padan Fain going to turn out like Gollum?
Brandon: No, he is not going to be like that. I am aware of the comparisons, and I am trying to distance him from that. The scene in Towers of Midnight with Padan Fain was originally written differently, and when I submitted it to Harriet she said, “Oh no he’s much crazier than that!” So I changed it accordingly.

Obviously, these are two different reports of the same question. But totally different meanings!
Old 11-11-2010, 10:38 AM
Hero of the Horn

WinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
Hmm...

[/SIZE][/FONT]
Obviously, these are two different reports of the same question. But totally different meanings!
[/LEFT]
I was going off memory. But I thought the first point was more relevant anyway. I know that at some point in the process Harriet commented on how crazy Fain appeared, just forgot if Brandon made changes before he submitted the prologue based on those comments.

"Oh, y'all [Theorylanders] are awesome with awesome sauce, but you ask a lot of tricky questions. I had to watch myself with you guys." - Maria

Old 11-11-2010, 10:49 AM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute

Okay, I will just assume the other version of the question is more accurate and remove yours. (no offense.) (And I just removed the Harriet bit - not the rest.)
Old 11-11-2010, 10:55 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Okay, I will just assume the other version of the question is more accurate and remove yours. (no offense.) (And I just removed the Harriet bit - not the rest.)
No sweat.

Old 11-11-2010, 12:00 PM
Youngling

I think what Brandon meant by the difference from Gollum was a hint that the theories about him ending up as crucial to the sealing, Gollum-style, are off.

The comment about editorial input from Harriet seemed to imply that, in an effort to make it clear that Fain wasn't Gollum in a narrative sense, Brandon had ended up making Fain too 'sane' as a character.
Old 11-11-2010, 04:41 PM
Youngling

Quote:
Hmm...

[/SIZE][/FONT]
[/LEFT]
The Second one is the more accurate report. Brandon said he was aware that making Fain too nuts would invite Gollum comparisons and his first draft reflected that awareness. However, Harriet's note on that was that Fain was "much crazier", so he re-wrote it.
Old 11-11-2010, 04:42 PM
Youngling

Oops. I see you guys covered it already. Sorry.
Old 11-11-2010, 09:34 PM
Hero of the Horn

You are forgiven.
Old 11-16-2010, 12:32 PM
Youngling

As promised, here is the link to my blog about my custom made Wheel of Time action figures, for anyone who's interested.

http://joeyesq.blogspot.com/2010/11/...es-part-1.html

Part 1 covers the story behind why I decided I needed to have WoT toys in the first place as well as the creation of the Rand figure, with pics, naturally. Enjoy!