art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Hey New Users of Theoryland!
User Name
Password

Old 09-22-2010, 11:18 PM
Youngling

ChrisW has a spectacular aura aboutChrisW has a spectacular aura about
Question Hi, and a little help needed

Howdy, I'm ChrisW. The only previous Wheel of Time forums i've been on were WoTmania and before that the forum that was at wheeloftime.com for the game that came out in the late Nineties(was Caldazar). I've also hung out at the malazan(hi Terez) and sffworld forums. Signed up to fnd out where I could get Distincions from. Thanks for the help. I haven't discussed WoT for ages so I might stick around.

Now for the small favour

I'm taking part in Orbit Australia's Orbit Quest 2010. I need to complete 12 tasks and score points from each one. All of mine are based on WoT and for one I need to dress up as my fav character. I've decided to go with Rand as I already have a Heron Mark sword. The help I need is in finding a good image of Rands Dragon Tatt so I can print it on some tattoo paper and apply it for the photo. Anyone seen a good colour image of the Dragon from the chapter icon that will still look good blown up to fit my arm?

Here are two of the tasks i've done so far.

Task 5: Fake Book cover: Who killed Asmodean for newbies
Task 4: Favourite old tongue word can be seen on the main wall.

If you like them click the like button or leave a comment on FB as thats how I gain points(you need to like/join the orbit page first)

I'm also currently writing up a cage match between Bela and Betty the goat from SoT for another task. It's pretty lame

Any other aussies out there over 18 should sign up as the prize is every Orbit release for 2011.

Last edited by ChrisW; 09-23-2010 at 12:10 AM.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:25 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

I have no clue on the tat images, besides the fact that they should be glittery dragons with no legs. I added you as a friend on Facebook, since I can't like your pics any other way. I would suggest posting them on the Wheel of Time page if you can; I think anyone can like them there.

Oh, and I think I already welcomed you, but welcome again.
Old 09-22-2010, 11:43 PM
Elder

bowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant future

I just friended you as well so I can like your pics. Welcome, and good luck!
Old 09-22-2010, 11:57 PM
Youngling

Thx Terez and Bowlwomen. Didn't know about only friends being able to like them. Might have to ask Orbit about that as I only think likes and comments on there FB page will count.

On second thought I think you just need to like/join the orbit FB site first. No need to befriend me

There must be a good dragon image around somewhere::continues search::

Last edited by ChrisW; 09-23-2010 at 12:01 AM.
Old 09-23-2010, 12:14 AM
Elder

bowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant futurebowlwoman has a brilliant future

As for the dragon tats, here are a few websites with info (mainly graphics/images that people drew themselves for costumes/artwork). You've probably already seen these, but if not, then hey, information!

http://www.aradanicostumes.com/artic...randalthor.php

http://images.elfwood.com/art/k/r/kr..._semismall.jpg

Here's a picture of RJ's dragon do-rag he used when he lost his hair. (Since DM is working on their site conversion, the full-size pic isn't available. If you need a bigger image, you might be able to get one from Jason or one of the other admins on DM.) You could probably copy this pretty closely and then you'd get extra style points for mimicking Jordan's fashion sense too:

http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=...1t:429,r:0,s:0

And, don't forget Sweet's rendition on the cover of TGS.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:16 AM
Hero of the Horn

Nazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome CW!

You may call me Naz!
Lord Captain Commander of Singing Chipmunks
Master of Nazgul Kitchen
Old 09-23-2010, 04:25 AM
Elder

looqas is just really nicelooqas is just really nicelooqas is just really nicelooqas is just really nicelooqas is just really nice

Hello CW.

About the Dragons. I kinda like how they are drawn here http://wot.wikia.com/wiki/Rand_al%27Thor

But how to get then to be printed is a bit of problem. You can try here and see if it helps (the banner != the dragon tattoos, but in pinch...) http://wot.wikia.com/wiki/Dragon_Banner

Last edited by looqas; 09-23-2010 at 04:27 AM.
Old 09-23-2010, 05:02 AM
Youngling

Thanks guys. Here's the bela v betty fight. It's kinda lame Make sure you watch the video

Re dragon tatts. Might just wear long sleaves and just have the head on the back of the hand. Should be easier.

Last edited by ChrisW; 09-23-2010 at 05:06 AM.
Old 09-23-2010, 04:13 PM
Hero of the Horn

DahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to DahLliA

welcome !

facebook is cranky atm, but I'll see if I remember to check it out later

"'Profound... huh.' Temper was silent for a long moment, studying the cobbles of the alley mouth. And then he lifted his helmed head, faced Shadowthrone, and said, 'Fuck off.'"
Old 09-24-2010, 09:25 AM
Elder

Leanne is a jewel in the roughLeanne is a jewel in the roughLeanne is a jewel in the rough

Welcome!

I was able to like the pictures after liking the Orbit site.
Old 09-24-2010, 10:18 AM
Youngling

Thank you Kindly.

Some of my fellow competitors are playing foul. I pointed this out to Orbit and got this response.

Quote:
you'll shortly see that Orbit has made their judgment. We think now that the game is afoot, that we are not able to rewrite the rules. But we feel your frustration!

For this year we can only suggest that you fight fire with fire. As you can see from some of the entrants they are having a conversation between themselves and one other person, so all you need is one ally to be play along.

Thank you so much for your participation in this competition, your entries have made me laugh.
A convo with just one other person would feel like cheating to me. I wouldn't object if you posted your favourite old tongue word or phrase in my Old Tongue post(on the main wall)though as that's in the spirit of the Quest. You will aslo see my response to Orbits ruling there. Feel free to nerd it up with me

Oh and I found a good dragon pic on the 13th depository to use.
Old 09-25-2010, 01:29 AM
Hero of the Horn

Isabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Isabel

Hey Caldazar,

Welcome to theoryland as well. I am a friend of Aan' allein / Aviendha at the wot bookforums.

You weren't the person who was related to Maria? Somehow caldazar sounds familiar. But that could also be just a name from the forums or wotmania.

regards, Isabel
'Rand al'Thor, Nynaeve shrieked, that is the most outrageous thing I ever heard out of your mouth. The very idea of telling three women you love them! You are worse than a lecher. You apologize right now!'

Isabel sedai of the Green Ajah, Amyrlin of the Official Nynaeve Fanclub, first sister to Gennie Sedai of the Green Ajah, bonded to Camel, Wolf Gaidin, Jachthond and ghostrider.
Old 09-25-2010, 04:25 AM
Youngling

lowlandr is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabel View Post
Hey Caldazar,

Welcome to theoryland as well. I am a friend of Aan' allein / Aviendha at the wot bookforums.

You weren't the person who was related to Maria? Somehow caldazar sounds familiar. But that could also be just a name from the forums or wotmania.

regards, Isabel
HI Isabel,

don't know why you use 'Caldazar', but it refers to:
"Carai an Caldazar! Carai an Ellisande! Al Ellisande!" - For the honor of the Red Eagle! For the Honor of the Rose of the Sun! The Rose of the Sun!

Death shall sow, and summer burn, before the Great Lord comes.
Death shall reap, and bodies fail, before the Great Lord comes.
Again the seed slays ancient wrong, before the Great Lord comes.

Now the Great Lord comes.
Old 09-25-2010, 05:18 AM
Youngling

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowlandr View Post
HI Isabel,

don't know why you use 'Caldazar', but it refers to:
"Carai an Caldazar! Carai an Ellisande! Al Ellisande!" - For the honor of the Red Eagle! For the Honor of the Rose of the Sun! The Rose of the Sun!
She used Caldazar as that was my username on the WoT.com forums. I'm pretty sure she knows what it means.

Isabel, nope that wasn't me. I do remember the guy with a females name though. It's a pity they shut down that domain and moved the forum. Was a great place.
Old 09-25-2010, 03:34 PM
Hero of the Horn

Isabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Isabel

Yeah, I do know what Caldazar means Yeah it's a shame that forum closed down.
'Rand al'Thor, Nynaeve shrieked, that is the most outrageous thing I ever heard out of your mouth. The very idea of telling three women you love them! You are worse than a lecher. You apologize right now!'

Isabel sedai of the Green Ajah, Amyrlin of the Official Nynaeve Fanclub, first sister to Gennie Sedai of the Green Ajah, bonded to Camel, Wolf Gaidin, Jachthond and ghostrider.
Old 10-08-2010, 02:32 AM
Youngling

Here's me as Rand. I think Rand has a bit more hair than me

The thing's i'll do for free books
Old 10-08-2010, 06:51 PM
Hero of the Horn

Birgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Birgitte Send a message via MSN to Birgitte

Welcome to the Insanity, CW! Come visit us in the chat sometime. Okay. Us is just me and Sare right now. But we're nice people! I promise!

Though you live in Tomorrowland, so you may miss us.

General of the Northern Border, Hero of Krieros Valley, the Coffinnail
Queen of the TCA

"Sometimes I sit around... watching chat... and thinking...sh*t... I created this madness." -- Lord of the Board
Old 10-08-2010, 07:18 PM
Hero of the Horn

Jokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Jokeslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Birgitte View Post
Welcome to the Insanity, CW! Come visit us in the chat sometime. Okay. Us is just me and Sare right now. But we're nice people! I promise!

Though you live in Tomorrowland, so you may miss us.
Posts like this are only effective if you're paying attention to the chat room you claim to be in
Old 10-08-2010, 08:25 PM
Hero of the Horn

Birgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant futureBirgitte has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Birgitte Send a message via MSN to Birgitte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokeslayer View Post
Posts like this are only effective if you're paying attention to the chat room you claim to be in
Well, if people would visit, I'd pay attention!

General of the Northern Border, Hero of Krieros Valley, the Coffinnail
Queen of the TCA

"Sometimes I sit around... watching chat... and thinking...sh*t... I created this madness." -- Lord of the Board