art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (4): lschullarma, kchlenkerreni, nartnoahc, rtolhurstalle,

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)


Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - WoT Discussion Boards > Book 13: Towers of Midnight
User Name
Password

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #101  
Old 10-14-2010, 11:40 PM
Terez's Avatar
Terez Terez is offline
Hero of the Horn
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Corn
Posts: 21,134
Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez
Default

I find it pretty easy to ignore responses to him. There are so few. Every now and then I click 'view post', but I always regret it.
__________________
Qui nos rodunt confundantur, et cum iustis non scribantur.
@Terez27
  #102  
Old 10-15-2010, 12:26 AM
Wunderwaffe's Avatar
Wunderwaffe Wunderwaffe is offline
Elder
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Michigan
Posts: 122
Wunderwaffe has a spectacular aura aboutWunderwaffe has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Wunderwaffe
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by nameless View Post
I figured it meant Olver was going to kill somebody. It's a natural consequence of a child being raised by professional soldiers and a tragic loss of innocence and a comment on the price of victory. It could even be done with humor depending on how it's written.
The simplest and neatest explanation.

Probably correct.
__________________
Increasingly, the mathematics will demand the courage to face its implications.
  #103  
Old 10-15-2010, 09:58 AM
TankSpill's Avatar
TankSpill TankSpill is offline
Youngling
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: atreacherousmemory.wordpress.com
Posts: 290
TankSpill is a glorious beacon of lightTankSpill is a glorious beacon of lightTankSpill is a glorious beacon of lightTankSpill is a glorious beacon of lightTankSpill is a glorious beacon of lightTankSpill is a glorious beacon of lightTankSpill is a glorious beacon of light
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wunderwaffe View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nameless
I figured it meant Olver was going to kill somebody. It's a natural consequence of a child being raised by professional soldiers and a tragic loss of innocence and a comment on the price of victory. It could even be done with humor depending on how it's written.
The simplest and neatest explanation.

Probably correct.
Yeah, I'm liking this idea a lot too.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluedust View Post
I'm on Dragonmount, I had him ignored, but then in posts I saw weird responses to stuff that made no sense so I figured I'd put up with it. But like I said before he's showing his hand way too freely lately with the Nynaeve and Lan going into the tower and yet he's still freely trolling.
Ah yes - the secret to the ignore button is, in fact, in rallying all the other members of the site to also ignore someone.

I haven't added him to my Ignore yet, but I am certainly more-and-more finding my eyes glazing over when I read his posts, and am therefore just skipping them now.
__________________
We play in another house, what should we fear?
A Treacherous Memory - In which I talk about fantasy novels I like, or would like to read.
@TankSpill
  #104  
Old 10-16-2010, 02:52 AM
Sodas's Avatar
Sodas Sodas is offline
Hero of the Horn
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Californiastine
Posts: 1,451
Sodas has a spectacular aura aboutSodas has a spectacular aura aboutSodas has a spectacular aura about
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamyrlin View Post
I disagree. There is no reason to believe that TAR could not reflect the Physics of any given world. You have no proof and no way to refute Verin's statements that T'A'R exists in all worlds, including Perpendicular worlds. In fact, the Gap of Infinity clearly shows that TAR exists in all worlds. All of the Dreams of all worlds, even worlds that Egwene describes make her sick to just peek into, have dreams that are accessible in the GOI. All dreams have the capability of touching TAR. Another set of facts you will have a hard time refuting in any meaningful way.
If that were true, that TAR exists in all worlds and that Egwene could see the dreams from them all, then Egwene would have stumbled upon the dreams of the Aelfinn.


I base my objection to the idea that TAR is a constant on the following logic. What happens in an alternate world where the Shadow wins and the world is overrun with Blight? If the Blight covers the world, where is there TAR to be had? No where.

Quote:
Originally Posted by from the same 1996 signing report by Erica Sadun
Blight: you can not enter it from TAR because it is apart from NORMAL UNIVERSE and can not be touched. The Blight is not part of the normal universe.
Those worlds would logically be unable to support TAR. Now I get what Verin is saying, that if there are people, there will be TAR, it's a constant, but it doesn't mean every single world has TAR because logically it doesn't make sense. Verin isn't Herid Fel after all.

Quote:
Jordan described Aelfland's relationship to TAR as to that of a Stedding.
The word written down by the poster was similar. Similar doesn't mean it has to be the same, particularly since this is a 3rd hand quote.
__________________
Sodas aka. Xoduz

Mazrim Taim drew the eye. He was tall, with a strongly hooked nose and an air of physical strength about him. An air of darkness, too. He sat there with his ankles crossed and one arm hanging over the heavy arm of the throne, yet he seemed ready to explode into violence. Interestingly, though his black coat was embroidered with blue-and-gold dragons that twined around the sleeves from elbows to cuffs, he did not wear the collar pins.

Last edited by Sodas; 10-16-2010 at 05:20 AM.
  #105  
Old 10-16-2010, 12:12 PM
halo6819's Avatar
halo6819 halo6819 is offline
Youngling
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Posts: 144
halo6819 is a name known to allhalo6819 is a name known to allhalo6819 is a name known to allhalo6819 is a name known to allhalo6819 is a name known to allhalo6819 is a name known to allhalo6819 is a name known to allhalo6819 is a name known to all
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TankSpill View Post
I found myself going back through some of Felix' posts the other day. I'm relatively new here (lurking for a long time, but not participating really until now), so I was curious if he's always been that way. I just found myself shaking my head the entire time. I'm honestly starting to feel that he is a prankster - I can't believe anyone could actually think what he thinks. Or, someone on this site once joked that "he's actually a computer program that was created to find every example of specific words and text in the series and link them together," or something along those lines. That's how I feel when I read his theories. The whole thing in another thread about "Nyneave being linked to Hightower 19 times," or whatever, just seems like pure lunacy to me.

But, the cool thing about a forum is, everyone can say whatever they want, and no one has to actually know that real person. Felix could be, for all we know, multiple individuals who get high together and post bizarre theories just to see what kinds of reactions they get. Seems just as likely to me...
felix is real, i have "met" him at signings.
 


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:57 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.