art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - WoT Discussion Boards > Book 13: Towers of Midnight
User Name
Password

Old 10-01-2010, 05:48 AM
Elder

looqas is just really nicelooqas is just really nicelooqas is just really nicelooqas is just really nicelooqas is just really nice
Default Alright, who's gonna be able to get the book 2nd of Nov?

I'm mainly interested in this so that I can start resenting those people already...

I've ordered mine from Amazon US, but with the standard mail delivery. I certainly don't pay more than the book is worth for having an express delivery. Usually I get the book in about 10 days (haven't really counted) based on past experiences even though Amazon gives about a month delivery for standard shipping to Europe.

Anyway between release time and time I have read the thing I'll be a no-show here. And I'm dreading already this period since I could not even resist with the Prologue.

So, I'm interested how are you going to get your copy of it and how fast you are able to lay your hands on it. From local bookseller? Amazon? Local library?
Old 10-01-2010, 06:07 AM
Hero of the Horn

Weird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by looqas View Post
So, I'm interested how are you going to get your copy of it and how fast you are able to lay your hands on it. From local bookseller? Amazon? Local library?
I'm currently #51 of 69 holds on what should be 24 copies available on Nov 2. That usually works out to about two weeks wait, assuming all of the books get processed and made available on the release date. It may be as late as Christmas before I get to read ToM and it will certainly be at least a year before I own my own copy. (I'm still waiting for tGS in paperback.)

(Now if I could just figure out which questions they go to. )

I met you in a past life. You were wrong then, too.
Old 10-01-2010, 07:09 AM
Elder

Daekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond repute

I will have it 2nd of movember and will just walk into the local bookstore(waterstones or Easons) and get it off the shelf.

Why is it so difficult Looqas? That's a genuine question, not a smarky comment!

He just got carried away a bit this time, probably as a result of his marriage-gonzothegreat

Son of Nazbaque, Lord of Fire
Old 10-01-2010, 07:17 AM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

I'll have it no later than the 2nd. If I am unable to find it early in a smaller bookstore (they tend to just put books out when they get them regardless of the actual release date). Worst case, I go to Barnes & Noble on the 2nd and pick it up.

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot
Old 10-01-2010, 07:23 AM
Youngling

Tenesmus has a spectacular aura aboutTenesmus has a spectacular aura about

I'll have it November 2nd. I need to finish reading it before my Tower Guard Duties on the 5th
Old 10-01-2010, 07:27 AM
Elder

jana has a reputation beyond reputejana has a reputation beyond reputejana has a reputation beyond reputejana has a reputation beyond reputejana has a reputation beyond reputejana has a reputation beyond reputejana has a reputation beyond reputejana has a reputation beyond reputejana has a reputation beyond reputejana has a reputation beyond reputejana has a reputation beyond repute

Nov. 2nd at the latest
Old 10-01-2010, 07:30 AM
Youngling

Lambada is an unknown quantity at this point

I'll be getting mine Nov 2nd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenesmus View Post
I'll have it November 2nd. I need to finish reading it before my Tower Guard Duties on the 5th
Dude, you don't even know if they'll pick you yet!
Old 10-01-2010, 08:02 AM
Elder

looqas is just really nicelooqas is just really nicelooqas is just really nicelooqas is just really nicelooqas is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekyras View Post
I will have it 2nd of movember and will just walk into the local bookstore(waterstones or Easons) and get it off the shelf.

Why is it so difficult Looqas? That's a genuine question, not a smarky comment!

You mean my 'waiting' period from release to reading and forums?

Because lately I have had too much time at work to do other stuff like hang on the forums. And if I come to forums it's game over man already. I just can't stop myself then anymore. I haven't had a convincing track record in similar things in the past about spoilers and such. It's gonna be a real test of character for me.

PS. Case in point. I just clicked the Chapter 1 thread. I have not read the actual chapter yet, but I managed to get glance at the spoiler in the actual thread...

Last edited by looqas; 10-01-2010 at 08:05 AM.
Old 10-01-2010, 08:29 AM
Hero of the Horn

Infidel has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by looqas View Post
I'm mainly interested in this so that I can start resenting those people already...

I've ordered mine from Amazon US, but with the standard mail delivery. I certainly don't pay more than the book is worth for having an express delivery. Usually I get the book in about 10 days (haven't really counted) based on past experiences even though Amazon gives about a month delivery for standard shipping to Europe.

Anyway between release time and time I have read the thing I'll be a no-show here. And I'm dreading already this period since I could not even resist with the Prologue.

Why are you ordering from Amazon US? Amazon UK is closer, the quality of the paper, printing and binding is superior, and you don't put any royalty money into the pocket of the retarded orangutan known as Darrel K. Sweet.

I expect to get my copy mid November from Europe. I'll have to wait a bit longer, but it will be worth it. You could get it sooner.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:15 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

I expect I'll get mine somewhere in the first or second week of November. I live in the boondocks (more than 10 miles from Amsterdam), so it takes a while for the bookstores to get actual books. They are still a bit of a novelty item here, I guess.
Old 10-01-2010, 09:39 AM
Elder

jana has a reputation beyond reputejana has a reputation beyond reputejana has a reputation beyond reputejana has a reputation beyond reputejana has a reputation beyond reputejana has a reputation beyond reputejana has a reputation beyond reputejana has a reputation beyond reputejana has a reputation beyond reputejana has a reputation beyond reputejana has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoTheGreat View Post
I expect I'll get mine somewhere in the first or second week of November. I live in the boondocks (more than 10 miles from Amsterdam), so it takes a while for the bookstores to get actual books. They are still a bit of a novelty item here, I guess.
Unless you mean Amsterdam, Montana, I'm laughing right now. How can being 10 miles from Amsterdam be boondocks?
I live 30 miles from Omaha :/
Old 10-01-2010, 09:54 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jana View Post
Unless you mean Amsterdam, Montana, I'm laughing right now. How can being 10 miles from Amsterdam be boondocks?
I live 30 miles from Omaha :/
I have no idea how it can be the case, but the last couple of books in the series have become available in Utrecht only a number of days after they were for sale in Amsterdam and other such major cities. I expect that to be repeated, but I would be pleasantly surprised if I were wrong.
Old 10-01-2010, 10:55 AM
Elder

AbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoTheGreat
I have no idea how it can be the case, but the last couple of books in the series have become available in Utrecht only a number of days after they were for sale in Amsterdam and other such major cities. I expect that to be repeated, but I would be pleasantly surprised if I were wrong.
Sorry if I'm missing something here, but couldn't you drive the 10 miles to Amsterdam if you were so inclined? I suppose it's a bit of an inconvenience but if you really didn't want to wait...

"He can compress the most words into the smallest idea of any man I ever met."
Abraham Lincoln

Draw a crazy picture, write a nutty poem. Sing a mumble-gumble song, whistle through your comb. Do a loony-goony dance 'cross the kitchen floor. Put something silly in the world that ain't been there before.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:08 AM
Hero of the Horn

ShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond repute

If they've got a midnight release up here I'll grab it then. If not I'll go around to one of the stores and grab it. The past few books I've ordered it online, but they always take forever to show up. So I usually just go out, buy a copy and then when the mailed copy is finally delivered I take it and return it to the book store where I bought my store bought copy.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:14 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbeyRoad View Post
Sorry if I'm missing something here, but couldn't you drive the 10 miles to Amsterdam if you were so inclined? I suppose it's a bit of an inconvenience but if you really didn't want to wait...
It's actually more like 30 miles for me, and I don't have a car. I could go by train, but I can also just wait a few days, and then go by bicycle (or bus) to the* bookstore in Utrecht that will sell it eventually.

* Last time, I had the bright idea of trying a few others, when Broese didn't have it, yet. They all referred me to Broese as the place most likely to ever have it.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:32 AM
Hero of the Horn

1Powerslave is a splendid one to behold1Powerslave is a splendid one to behold1Powerslave is a splendid one to behold1Powerslave is a splendid one to behold1Powerslave is a splendid one to behold1Powerslave is a splendid one to behold1Powerslave is a splendid one to behold1Powerslave is a splendid one to behold1Powerslave is a splendid one to behold1Powerslave is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via ICQ to 1Powerslave Send a message via MSN to 1Powerslave Send a message via Yahoo to 1Powerslave

I expect to buy it on Nov 2 from the a book store in central Stockholm. They normally have books on release date.

You poor country folk, living several days after the real world, I do not envy you.
Old 10-01-2010, 11:36 AM
Hero of the Horn

Isabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Isabel

Gonzo : if needed i can pick up an extra copy for you and you can pick it up from houten or utrecht.
'Rand al'Thor, Nynaeve shrieked, that is the most outrageous thing I ever heard out of your mouth. The very idea of telling three women you love them! You are worse than a lecher. You apologize right now!'

Isabel sedai of the Green Ajah, Amyrlin of the Official Nynaeve Fanclub, first sister to Gennie Sedai of the Green Ajah, bonded to Camel, Wolf Gaidin, Jachthond and ghostrider.
Old 10-01-2010, 12:09 PM
Youngling

Heinz will become famous soon enoughHeinz will become famous soon enough

I'll be picking mine up on the 2nd after work, and I've already scheduled off work for the 3rd. Can't wait. :-D
Old 10-01-2010, 01:01 PM
Elder

Casabamelon has a brilliant futureCasabamelon has a brilliant futureCasabamelon has a brilliant futureCasabamelon has a brilliant futureCasabamelon has a brilliant futureCasabamelon has a brilliant futureCasabamelon has a brilliant futureCasabamelon has a brilliant futureCasabamelon has a brilliant futureCasabamelon has a brilliant futureCasabamelon has a brilliant future

I waited to get TGS from the library. Might actually spring for a hardcopy this time. BS has definately revitalized the series for me. Or maybe it's just being able to see the end from here...
________
MOTORCYCLE TIRES

Last edited by Casabamelon; 04-04-2011 at 08:31 AM.
Old 10-01-2010, 03:05 PM
Youngling

finberg is an unknown quantity at this point

Amazon preorder with release day shipping...same shipping type for tWoK and I got tWok monday instead of the release day of tuesday