art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (1): ShadowbaneX,

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - WoT Discussion Boards > Book Tour: Towers of Midnight
User Name
Password

Old 09-18-2010, 02:26 PM
Lord of the Board

Tamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Tamyrlin
Default Cambridge, MA - The Harvard Coop - November 7th @ 3pm

Sunday, November 7th - 3:00 PM
The Harvard Coop
1400 Massachusetts Avenue
Cambridge, MA 02138
*With special guest Harriet McDougal

Last edited by Nae'blis; 09-18-2010 at 02:43 PM.
Old 09-18-2010, 03:19 PM
Mistress of Novices

Zaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Zaela Sedai Send a message via MSN to Zaela Sedai Send a message via Yahoo to Zaela Sedai Send a message via Skype™ to Zaela Sedai

I'm planning on this one...

The One, the Original, the ONLY Z
Beware of impostors

In Brandon We Trust
This TL Siren is bonded to Pops, XX, DaiShan and DeiwosTheSkyGod. Allied with Seeker and Guarded by Hopper
General of the Western Border, Valkyrie of the Autumn Storm, Destined Fury
Old 09-19-2010, 02:52 PM
Youngling

RDDK is on a distinguished road

Yup, I hope to be at this one.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:36 PM
Mistress of Novices

Zaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Zaela Sedai Send a message via MSN to Zaela Sedai Send a message via Yahoo to Zaela Sedai Send a message via Skype™ to Zaela Sedai

If you are look for me in the TL tshirt

Beware of impostors

In Brandon We Trust
This TL Siren is bonded to Pops, XX, DaiShan and DeiwosTheSkyGod. Allied with Seeker and Guarded by Hopper
Old 09-30-2010, 10:42 PM
Youngling

will do.
Old 10-18-2010, 03:52 PM
Mistress of Novices

well, now it'll be the Tower Guard shirt not the TL shirt... YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Beware of impostors

In Brandon We Trust
Old 11-07-2010, 06:58 PM
Youngling

kamarile is just really nicekamarile is just really nicekamarile is just really nicekamarile is just really nicekamarile is just really nice

Posted this in the errata/continuity thread for ToM, but I asked BS about
Spoiler:
Carlinya's death, specifically whether that was a mistake. I had assumed that it was, because Min's viewing regarding her hasn't, to my knowledge, come to pass. (That viewing being the one of ravens, drawings of them, settling on her shoulders.) According to him, that was NOT a mistake, and that that viewing doesn't necessarily mean what most people take it to mean.
He said he would explain later-- not sure if he meant that to be in a later interview, or if it was a RAFO situation. Definitely food for thought.
Old 11-07-2010, 07:03 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Thanks!
Old 11-07-2010, 08:44 PM
Youngling

This was a good time, btw. Lots of interesting people showed up.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:17 PM
Mistress of Novices

Default SPOILERS SPOILERS SPOILERS

Here is the unofficial report from the signing. AKA what I could make of my notes. We will have an official report later with the video and such. I was taking pictures, so I wrote as much as I could when I could. We had a great time,there were a ton of people there (about 200) we only had about 45 min of alone time with Brandon, so I had to share But hopefully you guys enjoy some of the info I got!

1) In TGS Brandon did tell us that Rand was mostly his voice and Egwene was RJ, In ToM Mat was RJ and Perrin was more BS. I'm not quite sure what he meant by voice, considering he doesn't usually answer questions like this.

2) Encyclopedia - Harriet is working on this project and it will be out probably about a year after MoL. Harriet said she plans it to be “like the 11th edition of Encyclopedia Britannica” - There is still a chance that the prequels/outriggers would be done, Brandon wants to do them IF Harriet decides to have them written. BS would rather the prequels over the outriggers but TOR would rather the outriggers it seems as of right now, if only one is chosen (which probably would not be the case)

3) Q: Much has been made of Egwene’s thought to tie up Perrin in the midst of a battle that could have brought about his death if he had not been able to stop her. Such apparent negligence is shocking considering her knowledge of how quickly things can happen in T’A’R. Can you Explain Egwene’s thought process? Did she intend to leave Perrin there while she finished the battle?

A: (not verbatim) Egwene thought she was doing the right thing. She was acting as the Amyrlin and trying to make sure that he would be safe and out of the way of danger. She was not going to tie him up and leave him, she would have brought him somewhere safe away from the danger of the fight and left him there until it was over.

Q: (my follow up) Who is stronger in T’A’R?

A: (not verbatim) They are both very strong, but in different ways. Perrin is very strong instinctually. Like the wolves, he makes decisions based on instinct while in T’A’R. Egwene plans out her moves rather than going by feeling as Perrin does. If the two were matched against each other the outcome would entirely be based on what type of encounter it was.

4) Q: When the wolves were on Dragonmount who were they there to “lend strength to” Rand or Perrin?

A: They were there for Rand. They were doing what they thought would help Rand. Keep in mind that they are wolves and are not thinking as men would when it comes to the idea of helping others.

5) Q: Was Demandred or his proxy in this ToM.
A: No he was not, he will be in MoL

6) Q: Was it an Aiel in the Epilogue – A: Rafo

7) Q: Was the channeler at the Portal stone the same “group” as who we saw in the blight.
A: ~smiles~ Rafo

8) Q: Is Nicola really gone for good?
A: Nicola is dead

9) BS would not confirm that we’ve seen the 13/13 turning to the Dark One’s side’

10) Q: Why did Verin trust that Matt would open the letter?
A: Verin was bound to the Dark Oathes and she could not tell ANY of them to open the letters right away because she was not in her last hour. She had thought that out of anyone Matt would NOT listen to her and would open the letter right away. She was not able to give him any indication of what was in the letter or even tell him to open it open it right away.

11) Q: Have we met the “ugly man” (I assume Gaidal this was a question I heard during the signing)
A: yes we have

12) Brandon is trying to convince Harriet to let him do Annotations of the WoT books he co-wrote when the series is over. If he is allowed to do so it will come out in book form.

13) Harriet was asked about religion in the series. Her response was that they are far more aware of the Light and Dark because it is what is around them, more so than it is for us. The Children of the Light are the closest thing to organized religion and it shows you what Robert Jordan feelings were towards organized religion.

14) Harriet was also asked about movies/tv and said that Universal bought the rights for 7 years, and 2 have gone bye, she said “There is a twitch of life, like a frog twitching in your science lab” The most recent information is that they have recently assigned 2 writers to the project.

15) Brandon was asked what moment most shocked him in the notes. He said that Verin showing up in Egwene’s room was definitely what shocked him the most.

Beware of impostors

In Brandon We Trust
Old 11-08-2010, 04:48 PM
Hero of the Horn

ShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the info Zae. I wonder where that person got the info about the "Ugly Man" from. I don't remember hearing or seeing anything about that.
Old 11-08-2010, 05:47 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
11) Q: Have we met the “ugly man” (I assume Gaidal this was a question I heard during the signing)

UGH. That's all I have to say.

*braces for it*
Old 11-08-2010, 08:31 PM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Great report Zae. Props for going all the way to Cambridge for it.

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot
Old 11-09-2010, 09:00 AM
Mistress of Novices

There will be more coming as soon as the official one is up

Beware of impostors

In Brandon We Trust
Old 11-09-2010, 08:03 PM
Youngling

Loreniel is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Loreniel Send a message via MSN to Loreniel Send a message via Yahoo to Loreniel

Zaela, I'm sure that Helane has a thorough list of the Q&A. But I think that was spot on from what I can remember as well. Thanks for posting it.
Old 11-10-2010, 05:11 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaela Sedai View Post
5) Q: Was Demandred or his proxy in this ToM.
A: No he was not, he will be in MoL
There goes Weirandred. Oh well, I suppose that a moving tree or something can save this idea for a while anyway, so I won't give up on it entirely.
Old 11-12-2010, 02:49 AM
Hero of the Horn

Any word on the Q&A from the table yet? The official Tower Guard report is up.
Old 11-12-2010, 06:59 AM
Mistress of Novices

Huh, I'll have to try and get in touch with her, she just had surgery so I'm sure things are taking a little longer

Beware of impostors

In Brandon We Trust
Old 11-12-2010, 09:12 AM
Hero of the Horn

WinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to WinespringBrother

Wow, I might have 2 theories at least partially proven from this Q&A. woot!

1) Taim is not Demandred's Proxy (since Taim appeared in the book of course)

2) Gaidal Cain was ripped out of TAR - if Gaidal was seen as an old man and therefore not born in the normal pattern, there is a chance that it was due to Moggy's intervention. Though my theory mentions that he may have been turned into a child first, the theory at least explains his disappearance from Tel'aran'rhiod.

"Oh, y'all [Theorylanders] are awesome with awesome sauce, but you ask a lot of tricky questions. I had to watch myself with you guys." - Maria

"I need to RAFO more things, I'm not being very Robert Jordan..." - Brandon
Old 11-12-2010, 06:58 PM
Elder

FelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant future
Default Is Gaidal, Uno now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaela Sedai View Post
Who might be Birgitte's ugly man, readers have met?

Uno.

If so, that would be a classic twisting of words for RJ... as Gaidal was Falme as a Hero of the Horn, and Uno was left behind to wait with Loial & Verin, at Falme.

Gaidal spirit cast out into Uno's body, now that would be fitting considering Birgitte herself was cast out into the 'True World' by Moghedien.

Who saved Nynaeve's life in Samara from Moghedien? Likely Uno.
Who saved Elayne & Nynaeve's lives repeatedly? Birgitte.
Uno & Birgitte play a role of protectors, along others.

Who dislikes Galad to a degree in Samara? Nynaeve.
Who dislikes Galad as a half-brother? Elayne.
Who thinks Galad's face is too pretty? Birgitte.
Who has no love lost for Galad (TFoH)? Uno.

Who visited the "Worlds of If" (TGH)? Uno.

Who's army is Birgitte 2nd in command of? Andor's, just behind Elayne.
Who army is Uno 2nd in command of? Tar Valon's, just behind Gareth Bryne.

It's doesn't hurt that Birgitte and Uno, each seem to have an attraction to each other.