art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (2): ebraceletscharm, ldseiwellrasha,

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - WoT Discussion Boards > Book Tour: Towers of Midnight
User Name
Password

Old 10-27-2010, 06:08 PM
Youngling

cuthbert19 is just really nicecuthbert19 is just really nicecuthbert19 is just really nicecuthbert19 is just really nicecuthbert19 is just really nice

Directly quoting from twitter:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuthbert19
@PeterAhlstrom re: WHSmith Paris: on their site, they say he'll "sign TGS and ToM" ... what about other books (e.g. TWoK)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterAhlstrom
@cuthbert19 Yeah, sorry, I need to put it on the website.
By the way, as WHSmith is writing "Brandon Sanderson... will present and sign The Gathering Storm and The Towers of Midnight.", i asked Peter for a further clarification:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuthbert19
@PeterAhlstrom re: WHSmith Paris: on their site, they say he'll "sign TGS and ToM" ... what about other books (e.g. TWoK)?
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterAhlstrom
@cuthbert19 That just means not any other Wheel of Time books. He'll sign any book he wrote.
... which is something that HCFF like us () already knew about, but as I intend to bring about a full rucksack of Brandon's books, it is very nice to have been agreed upon before

I still have to RSVP the bookstore, 'cause I'm still trying to convince some friends to come along with me
Old 11-06-2010, 01:44 PM
Youngling

ka243 is a jewel in the roughka243 is a jewel in the roughka243 is a jewel in the roughka243 is a jewel in the rough

Hey guys, I stopped by the store today. They have big fliers about the event all over and TOM on sale at the cash register. Almost every salesperson I saw mentionned the event so they're promoting it quite a bit. 50 people have RSVPd so far so you might want to get there early. I'll be getting off work just prior so someone will need to save me a seat!

They said there probably won't be chairs as space is limited. Make sure you rsvp the bookstore if you're planning on coming as the more rsvps they have the more space they'ill probably make and I have a feeling its going to be needed.

If any of you get there early save me a spot and be sure to introduce yourself. You can see what I look like via my picture on twitter (ka243).

Last edited by ka243; 11-06-2010 at 01:52 PM.
Old 11-06-2010, 02:41 PM
Hero of the Horn

Isabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Isabel

I don't think i can be there
'Rand al'Thor, Nynaeve shrieked, that is the most outrageous thing I ever heard out of your mouth. The very idea of telling three women you love them! You are worse than a lecher. You apologize right now!'

Isabel sedai of the Green Ajah, Amyrlin of the Official Nynaeve Fanclub, first sister to Gennie Sedai of the Green Ajah, bonded to Camel, Wolf Gaidin, Jachthond and ghostrider.
Old 11-06-2010, 04:35 PM
Youngling

cuthbert19 is just really nicecuthbert19 is just really nicecuthbert19 is just really nicecuthbert19 is just really nicecuthbert19 is just really nice

Well, I will! I booked the flight, and the hotel just for that one night

Judging by what you're telling us, ka243, I think I won't have much time to go looking at Paris, hm? I'll be in the city, I hope, around the early afternoon, I'll try to stay in the neighbourhood and be there earlier, I'll keep you a "seat"

You'll recognize me from twitter too, that's the picture in front of the photo booth in Venice, from "the great hunt"!
Old 11-06-2010, 04:39 PM
Youngling

ka243 is a jewel in the roughka243 is a jewel in the roughka243 is a jewel in the roughka243 is a jewel in the rough

Cool, looking forward to seeing you! My name is Jonathan by the way .
Old 11-06-2010, 04:43 PM
Youngling

The only problem is, my French is nonexistent we'll have to speak in English, but I don't think it'll be a problem
Old 11-06-2010, 08:00 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Aren't French and Italian like the same language anyway?
Old 11-06-2010, 08:56 PM
Youngling

More or less like the language they speak in Australia and Old Irish

Both are based on Latin (both were Latin, back then) but .. we are speaking (no pun intended ) of something like 2000 years ago
Old 11-07-2010, 05:00 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
Aren't French and Italian like the same language anyway?
French and English are like the same language too. They actually diverged later than did French and Italian.
Old 11-07-2010, 05:07 AM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute

Good to know.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:29 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Of course, another detail is that English is a bastard; it also has a lot of Germanic bits stuck in it. So English and Frisian are like the same language too, even though Frisian and French are far more different than French and Italian are.
European linguistic history is quite interesting; but it is really a shame we ended up with all those bloody languages that are such a bother to learn.
Old 11-07-2010, 06:31 AM
Hero of the Horn

But if everyone learns English then it's not a problem. Of course, the French are typically resistant to that for some reason...
Old 11-07-2010, 07:20 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
But if everyone learns English then it's not a problem. Of course, the French are typically resistant to that for some reason...
There's no expression for "going on strike" in English. Or at least, not one that they know.
Old 11-07-2010, 01:59 PM
Youngling

LOL, not everyone who lives in France is french .
I moved here permanently from the USA after finishing college in 2004 after a one year exchnage program in previously.

So yes, you can speak english to me =). Not long at all now! I hope to finish TOM tonight.

Last edited by ka243; 11-07-2010 at 02:09 PM.
Old 11-07-2010, 05:45 PM
Youngling

Quote:
Originally Posted by ka243 View Post
LOL, not everyone who lives in France is french .
I moved here permanently from the USA after finishing college in 2004 after a one year exchnage program in previously.

So yes, you can speak english to me =). Not long at all now! I hope to finish TOM tonight.
Aaaargh so I'm doomed ... if you were a "real" French, my english would have seemed *lots* better so few chances to speak it here, alas
Old 11-16-2010, 10:00 AM
Youngling

see you guys tonight...
Old 11-16-2010, 11:44 AM
Hero of the Horn

Yay! Have fun, and try to ask him a good question or two - you don't have to ask mine if you don't want to.
Old 11-17-2010, 05:37 AM
Youngling

iuliust is an unknown quantity at this point

well, it seems that, regarding the amount of information we have now, we should create another topic... That was great, I never thought we'd dinner with Brandon and his wife, they were really nice, and I've had a good evening, I hope you two, Cuthbert and KA ! by the way, thank you Cuthbert, 'cause it wouldn't have happened without you.
Old 11-17-2010, 10:40 AM
Lord of the Board

Tamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Tamyrlin
Default Congrats all

looking forward to the report!
Old 11-17-2010, 11:29 AM
Youngling

We had a great time! This was an awesome signing with over 100 people.

I'm working on the report (its currently about 2 single-spaced pages of word document or so). We learned some very interesting stuff. I also filmed the "official" Q&A session so I will see if I can post that at some point (I have never posted anything on youtube, so you might not get the movie until this weekend) .