art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - WoT Discussion Boards > Archived: General Wheel of Time Discussion - 05/2008 - 03/2012
User Name
Password

Old 10-11-2010, 09:33 PM
Youngling

boyprangko is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Taim is one of the Chosen

Could Taim be one of the Chosen? He visited the Dark One, the same way that Demandred had, secretly. It is Taim that sent the trollocs to attack Rand in Tear in Knife of Dreams. Moridin didn't know about it, because the Dark One hasn't informed him of Taim's status.

It may be just me, but I can see the DO withholding information from the Naeblis
Old 10-11-2010, 09:44 PM
Ancient

Kimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by boyprangko View Post
Could Taim be one of the Chosen? He visited the Dark One, the same way that Demandred had, secretly. It is Taim that sent the trollocs to attack Rand in Tear in Knife of Dreams. Moridin didn't know about it, because the Dark One hasn't informed him of Taim's status.

It may be just me, but I can see the DO withholding information from the Naeblis
Not sure why you think he sent the attack in Tear, but he probably has been added to the ranks of the Forsaken, as he seems to have used the True Power. He has been seen with the same dark aura that surrounded Rand in TGS.
Old 10-12-2010, 01:33 AM
Elder

AbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant future

Yeah, this is a pretty popular theory out there. Not sure about Tear, but it wouldn't surprise me in the least if Taim has been added to the Chosen.

"He can compress the most words into the smallest idea of any man I ever met."
Abraham Lincoln

Draw a crazy picture, write a nutty poem. Sing a mumble-gumble song, whistle through your comb. Do a loony-goony dance 'cross the kitchen floor. Put something silly in the world that ain't been there before.
Old 10-12-2010, 03:44 AM
Youngling

natasharma is an unknown quantity at this point

The LB will see new as well as old forsakens. That seems certain. And we haven't seen any more new forsaken here. So Taim has to be one of their numbers.
It just wouldn't be right have fewer Forsaken since we have not lost any major good guys.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:22 PM
Youngling

Sorry. I had meant Lord Algarin's manor. It IS in Tear, but I had neglected to be more specific. Moridin was enraged about the attack and had mentioned that because the Myrddral had obeyed orders; it had to be one of the Chosen. The Chosen I'm assuming to be Taim
Old 10-12-2010, 06:24 PM
Elder

kivo is a name known to allkivo is a name known to allkivo is a name known to allkivo is a name known to allkivo is a name known to allkivo is a name known to allkivo is a name known to allkivo is a name known to allkivo is a name known to all

Quote:

Wait when did that happen?
Old 10-12-2010, 06:26 PM
Elder

Spasmodean is just really niceSpasmodean is just really niceSpasmodean is just really niceSpasmodean is just really nice

Quote:
He visited the Dark One, the same way that Demandred had, secretly.
So secretly that it was never written in the books?

Not being flippant, but where did you get this info from?
Old 10-12-2010, 06:40 PM
Youngling

Nothing expressly stated. Inferred from a the single premise that Taim is a new Chosen unknown by the other Chosen. i.e. if Taim is one of the Chosen; he would have had to visit the Dark One at some point.
Old 10-12-2010, 06:53 PM
Elder

One Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to allOne Armed Gimp is a name known to all

Basically, it didn't happen.

We don't take anything here as fact until it can be proven, and there is little to no evidence to back up Taim going to SG or ordering the attack on Rand.

Terez has a pretty good write up on Fain being the one to do that. You should check it out.

If you want to debate, I would suggest a much more fleshed out post than what you have here.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:16 PM
Elder

Spasmodean is just really niceSpasmodean is just really niceSpasmodean is just really niceSpasmodean is just really nice

Quote:
Nothing expressly stated. Inferred from a the single premise that Taim is a new Chosen unknown by the other Chosen. i.e. if Taim is one of the Chosen; he would have had to visit the Dark One at some point.
I think we have more evidence that Alviarin is Chosen compared to Taim at the minute.
Old 10-12-2010, 07:24 PM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

There is nothing to say that Taim isn't a new Forsaken and there are hints that he could be.

Join My Faction!

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot
Old 10-12-2010, 10:10 PM
Hero of the Horn

Matoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of lightMatoyak is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davian93 View Post
Clicking returns:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Theoryland
You are not the champion of the faction you are attempting to modify.
Looks like you copy-pasted the admin link there, Dav.

Here's the actual link, everyone. I personally would join if it didn't have that pesky bit about being the commander of the chosen.

[Gawyn] probably pops his collar. - Kivo
Mat's hat is a Darkfriend. - Daekyras

Last edited by Matoyak; 10-12-2010 at 10:13 PM.
Old 10-13-2010, 12:32 PM
Youngling

tarmageddon is an unknown quantity at this point

I wouldn't say Chosen/Forsaken. To me they are those that took their oaths before the breaking in the age of legends. No new ones, just a whittling down of the oldies.

Taim MAY though be a new dreadlord... in the same way there were dreadlords in the Trolloc Wars.

S
Old 10-13-2010, 12:49 PM
Ancient

Kimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Sorry. I had meant Lord Algarin's manor. It IS in Tear, but I had neglected to be more specific. Moridin was enraged about the attack and had mentioned that because the Myrddral had obeyed orders; it had to be one of the Chosen. The Chosen I'm assuming to be Taim
I don't think that anyone was confused that by Tear you meant the sortie on Algarin's manor, the problem that I was highlighting was merely your lack of explanation for why it would be Taim that was behind it. It's possible that Terez is incorrect about it being Fain, but her exposition on that theory is compelling, and taken on face value makes a lot more sense than does any explanation that would involve Taim.

The best evidence for Taim being a Forsaken is the black aura that has surrounded him, which is perhaps indicative of his use of the True Power, something which presumably would have only been available to the Chosen, and to Rand, a figure whom clearly the Dark One would like to see as his Nae'blis, as that would constitute a fait accompli. Taim has prehaps visited Shayol Ghul, but that is only certain if he is indeed a new Chosen, less certain if he is merely Moridin's lieutenant- something which has been suggested by the color patterning at his palace in the Black Tower. For Taim to have sent the sortie however, you would have to argue that he has gone rogue. That is a simple argument for Fain, since he clearly is a ronin in the true sense of that word. For Taim your only possible support for renegade activity is the fact that he was one of three men (the other two being Forsaken- Demandred and Moridin) who had issued orders to the Asha'man assassins.
Old 10-13-2010, 01:40 PM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matoyak View Post
Clicking returns: Looks like you copy-pasted the admin link there, Dav.

Here's the actual link, everyone. I personally would join if it didn't have that pesky bit about being the commander of the chosen.
Oops...thanks Maty. Well, he's currently in charge of all the darkfriend Ashaman and there's a good chance that all the Black Ajah also went ot the Black Tower now that Egwene cleansed the White Tower. Seems logical that Taim would lead them too.

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot
Old 10-13-2010, 04:09 PM
Inbred, Ugly, and Drunk on Corn Liquor

Sei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davian93 View Post
Oops...thanks Maty. Well, he's currently in charge of all the darkfriend Ashaman and there's a good chance that all the Black Ajah also went ot the Black Tower now that Egwene cleansed the White Tower. Seems logical that Taim would lead them too.
Why can't they just let each other be. The Ashaman will be moving to TV in a short time, the blacks can have the black tower, the whites can have the white tower and they can have peace talks once a week. Marshmallows, s'mores, Kumbaya all night long.

I think Taim was a dreadlord befor ehe met up with Rand, I think his new found power may have elevated him somewhat, but I don't see him being equal to the Chosen. Logain is going to take him out long before that can happen.

www.buckeyestation.com look at it, love it, share it with your friends!
Old 10-15-2010, 12:44 AM
Youngling

mlovelock is an unknown quantity at this point
Wink Taim is Demandred

what about Taim being Demandred - he likes to run armies and has a hook nose both traits Taim shares - also Taim was old when he was a false dragon and hadn't gone mad so the logical thing is he was protected from madness by the DO -
Old 10-15-2010, 12:51 AM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

FAIL

edited for clarity

Last edited by Terez; 10-15-2010 at 01:09 AM.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:07 AM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sei'taer View Post
I think Taim was a dreadlord befor ehe met up with Rand, I think his new found power may have elevated him somewhat, but I don't see him being equal to the Chosen.
I tend to agree with that. Giving Taim access to the True Power might have been a way of weakening Demandred's power somewhat, but in all honesty it makes little difference if Taim is considered one of the Chosen or not - he still answers to Nae'blis.
Old 10-15-2010, 01:13 AM
Youngling

morat'corlm is a splendid one to beholdmorat'corlm is a splendid one to beholdmorat'corlm is a splendid one to beholdmorat'corlm is a splendid one to beholdmorat'corlm is a splendid one to beholdmorat'corlm is a splendid one to beholdmorat'corlm is a splendid one to beholdmorat'corlm is a splendid one to beholdmorat'corlm is a splendid one to beholdmorat'corlm is a splendid one to behold

Possibly when Ishamael was last released, before killing Alviarin's predecessor he cleaned out one of Aginor's labs and made clones of all the Forsaken, and then sent them off to Darkfriend Daycare with Isam. Taim is simply Demandred Jr., or, if you prefer, Deboydred.

As Spasmodean says, there's more evidence of Alviarin's elevation than Taim's, yet there is no evidence that even she has yet made it all the way to Chosen. He's got a better chance, likely, but in-text he's a mystery.

I do think he's a more likely suspect for the 'Shadowspawn stealer' than Fain, though.

Tags
taim, trolloc attack in tear