art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (2): aalcazarwilb, eimplestac,

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - WoT Discussion Boards > Book 13: Towers of Midnight
User Name
Password

Old 11-09-2010, 12:03 PM
Youngling

Edynol will become famous soon enoughEdynol will become famous soon enough
Default The Dragon Soul

No this has nothing to do with the new WoW expansion, but thought it had a nice ring to it. lol.

I was thinking about how Rand is presumedly supposed to die in the last book. I am thinking about Verins words in book 3 about how all worlds, including Randland, were all different weavings but all had one world in common, TAR. What if the Last Battle, the Dragon against the DO, is fought in TAR?

I have this idea that TAR is the Real World, not a dream world. The reason it seems like a dream is because of the wierd and sometimes seemingly random things that happen there like clothes changing and being able to 'teleport' to places with a thought. The one real world where everyone is in some way connected to the OP rather they know it or not and mere thoughts are something tangible. The Aiel speak of dying as waking from the Dream, what if there is some truth to that, after a sense?

What I think, is that when Rand dies, like the Heroes of the Horn, his soul, now that he's merged with LTT, will be in TAR and he will fight the DO 1v1 and with Egwyn as a Dreamer AND her ability to make Heartstone, she could take Calandor maybe into TAR by enter there physically, along with Ny or someone else, and help the Dragon permanently seal the DO's prison there in the one true world, and hence keeping him sealed in all worlds.

Then after that, they do something like what Mog did to Birg and bring the Dragon back to Randland. I say the Dragon instead of Rand because I'm not sure that if when he dies and his soul goes to TAR, if he will still be Rand or just the Dragon and combination of all his past lives or however it works. Though like with Birg it seems the soul usually remembers it's most previous life and the others are like distant memories. Like memories of a dream.

What do yall think?
Old 11-09-2010, 12:29 PM
Youngling

Caveatar is a jewel in the roughCaveatar is a jewel in the roughCaveatar is a jewel in the roughCaveatar is a jewel in the rough
Default Shades of Roger Zelazny

@ Edynol
"I have this idea that TAR is the Real World, not a dream world. The reason it seems like a dream is because of the wierd and sometimes seemingly random things that happen there like clothes changing and being able to 'teleport' to places with a thought. The one real world where everyone is in some way connected to the OP rather they know it or not and mere thoughts are something tangible. The Aiel speak of dying as waking from the Dream, what if there is some truth to that, after a sense?"

Sounds like when Corwin found out that HIS Amber was merely the first shadow of the Real Amber.
Do you mean something like that?
It does make sense that Randland world could be merely the Primary Reflection.

Hmmmmm.
Old 11-09-2010, 12:34 PM
Youngling

Edynol will become famous soon enoughEdynol will become famous soon enough

Yeah something like that. The story taking place in the primary reflection of TAR makes sense to me. If the story isn't based in the real world, might as well be the closest thing to it. lol.