art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (1): canadaexpeditio,

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - WoT Discussion Boards > Book 13: Towers of Midnight
User Name
Password

Old 11-20-2010, 08:10 PM
Youngling

ShadowLord is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Timeline Question

Hi All,

I don't post much. Generally just lurk alot and read what everyone has to say but I have a question about the timeline at the end of ToM.

Perrin sees the clouds breaking and thinks that Rand has arrived. I assigned this an arbatrary value of 0.
BWS said in a Q&A that Fortuona was several days behind. I assinged this as -3.
BWS also said that the BT was about a week behind. I gave this a -8.
I'm making an assumption (as bad as that is) that no one is running ahead of Rand at this point.

So, is there any hard data on where Aviendha, Lan and Mat would fall in here?

Thanks for any info you can provide.
Old 11-20-2010, 08:18 PM
Youngling

The Mardy Asha'man is an unknown quantity at this point

not 100% on any of em really but my best guess is that Lan & Mat are at t=0 its a bit harder to say with Avi but im asuming shes close to that as well. soory couldn't be more specific.
Old 11-20-2010, 08:49 PM
Elder

Spasmodean is just really niceSpasmodean is just really niceSpasmodean is just really niceSpasmodean is just really nice

I think Avi is about 3-5 days behind the rest when she leaves Rhuidean.

Then she goes a for a wander in the Waste then she'll probably find the Wise Ones coincidentally on the day before Rand arrives.
Old 11-20-2010, 08:50 PM
Youngling

Andrac will become famous soon enoughAndrac will become famous soon enough

Mat is at the same place rand is. At the end of his part when him, thom, and moraine are talking mat says how tomorrow rand is going to have some big meeting with the monarchs.

Aviendha I would imagine is weird to figure out. She left I don't know how many days before the dragonmount part, and then the month until the meeting so her being told to go for her final testing was somewhere around 30-40 days before the giant field meeting. A couple of days to run to her hold and a couple of days to run to rhuidian. You would think she would have already seen her visions weeks before the meeting and been back, but apparently not. So unless we find out in AMOL that she went to do something after seeing that for a while, I think this timeline was a little messed up.

As for lan, he could be anywhere from behind rand to a few days ahead of rand. It really depends on what type of help is going to be sent his way. We could find out that he has already started the fight at the gap and that help will be sent to him after the meeting. So it could end up being that the battle started on the day of the meeting or within a few days on when the meeting is supposed to start, depending on how long it goes. I can't imagine it being to far ahead though as I believe theres more trollocs at tarwin's gap now then there was at the end of eye of the world. So lan and the others would be overrun fairly easily if left alone.
Old 11-20-2010, 09:20 PM
Youngling

I don't know about ahead of Rand. I think if that were the case, we would have had some more activity at Merrilor (sp). Could be wrong though.

Of course, we still have alot of days unacouunted for.
Old 11-21-2010, 04:23 AM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

I covered this in the thread for the Paris signing report. The clouds broke some time during her second trip through the columns, so by the time she finished, she was nearly a month behind Merrilor, since that was set for a month and three days after Rand's epiphany on Dragonmount. She probably knocked out those three days finishing her second trip through - she had only seen through two sets of eyes when she noticed that the clouds had broken.

After that, she planned to spend some time thinking in the Three-fold Land, and then she planned to find some Wise Ones to consult with.
Old 11-21-2010, 05:08 PM
Youngling

Thanks for the responses.

So it appears that Avi is still further behind then the BT. And there are still ALOT of Rand days missing.

More and more, I think the first part of MoL is going to be mucho catchup.
Old 11-21-2010, 07:20 PM
Youngling

Squocka is an unknown quantity at this point

Bloody hope so much catch up

Black Tower i cant wait maybe thats what Rand was doing for the past 30 days and he has resolved it by the Merrilor arrival. He arrives there with Avi in tow and preggers has tyhe meeting then Nyn gets her love send from Lan and its all on jump to hsaylo ghul some jump to Tarwins gap others.

Egwenes missing time may have some seanchan stuff to do as Egeanin arrived a week or 2 back.