art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Hey New Users of Theoryland!
User Name
Password

Old 11-21-2010, 09:16 PM
Elder

subwoofer is just really nicesubwoofer is just really nicesubwoofer is just really nicesubwoofer is just really nicesubwoofer is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to subwoofer
Default Hello, my name is Subwoofer, I am a WoTaholic

Sooos- I figure this is where I stand on my chair and do the big intro... or am I in the wrong room? Isn't this hairball collectors anonymous?

Right then. Normally I post on TOR (yes, I am that annoying guy), but Terez keeps on referring to this magical wonderful place where unicorns frolic, so I figured that was her subliminal way of wanting to inflict me on all those here.

I tried to get on here months ago with some instruction from Terez, but in a clear cut case of equipment/software smarter than user, I was stymied by the log in process. Apparently there is a log in for forums and for theories. Who knew? Only took me eons to get tell the doorman about the bear in a tutu.

Now it is just a question of how to find the treads I want to comment on.

Then look out, I'll be goin' hard.

Oh yeah, I've been following the books since the early 90's- thought it was a trilogy at the time. Boy was I wrong.

And for all that is holy and good, "Youngling"? Really? I'd rather be called anything else...

Start with "little ponies".

Progress to "colts".

Then "horsies"

Maybe "Stallions" or "Mandarb"

Dunno how many other stages there are but final epic stage could be "Bela".

-Just sayin'.

Last edited by subwoofer; 11-21-2010 at 09:27 PM. Reason: fantastically bad memory. Why rereads fascinate me- I don't remember reading half the stuff in the first place.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:28 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Uh-oh, you stepped into the noob board. Before you know it you'll be setting people on fire and hanging out in the chat room and you'll have forgotten about WoT altogether.

Also, some oldtimers would definitely object to 'Bela' being the highest ranking.

Just sayin'.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:30 PM
Hero of the Horn

Frenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Frenzy Send a message via Yahoo to Frenzy

Howdy subwoofer. a Velodyne, i trust?

"How the hell do you Godwin a thread with CUCUMBERS!!?" -- Tru

"I love cucumber prawn... " -- Ivhon

"Have to catch me first. Scared shitless always outruns mad as hell." -- Sinistrum

"Some days I'm happy Frenzy doesn't live next door." -- Tamyrlin

"So Frenzy is a scientist then?" -- Davian
"Well duh. An Evil scientist. " -- Khoram
Old 11-21-2010, 09:32 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute

I think it has something to do with dogs.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:42 PM
Hero of the Horn

Frenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond repute

So you let the dogs out and brought them here...

"Have to catch me first. Scared shitless always outruns mad as hell." -- Sinistrum

Old 11-21-2010, 09:44 PM
Hero of the Horn

I blame my charming personality.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:44 PM
Elder

subwoofer is just really nicesubwoofer is just really nicesubwoofer is just really nicesubwoofer is just really nicesubwoofer is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy View Post
Howdy subwoofer. a Velodyne, i trust?
Yeah, I go for low ohms...

Heh. Nope, like Indiana Jones, I took my handle from my dog. Her name is Tina, but I always referred to her as a "subwoofer" because she is not nearly as big as a full sized "woofer". As I was blogging, she would either sit at my feet or on my lap and every once and a bit her paw would come out like she wanted to type something, so I added a "woof" at the end of each of my posts to represent her opinion too. It just stuck with me.
Old 11-21-2010, 09:49 PM
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
Uh-oh, you stepped into the noob board. Before you know it you'll be setting people on fire and hanging out in the chat room and you'll have forgotten about WoT altogether.

Also, some oldtimers would definitely object to 'Bela' being the highest ranking.

Just sayin'.
Sorry- was going from the "Bela is the Creator" perspective... guessing the oldtimers are in the "Bela is a darkfriend" camp.

And I said I can live with the "noob" title, at my age, I am happy with anything that makes me sound young... except Younglings- the guilt by association with Gawyn is almost unbearable.

While we are on the topic... is setting people on fire a bad thing? Just wanna know...

::hides matches and can of gas::

::whistles innocently::

Last edited by subwoofer; 11-21-2010 at 09:58 PM.
Old 11-21-2010, 10:02 PM
Hero of the Horn

makes sense. Welcome, and enjoy.

Old 11-21-2010, 10:12 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by subwoofer View Post
Sorry- was going from the "Bela is the Creator" perspective... guessing the oldtimers are in the "Bela is a darkfriend" camp.
Actually, we have an oldtimer named Bela. Actually, his name is Belazamon, but everyone calls him Bela.

Quote:
While we are on the topic... is setting people on fire a bad thing? Just wanna know...
Not here.

Quote:
::hides matches and can of gas::

::whistles innocently::
See? You might as well kiss your WoTaholism goodbye. There is a chat room and marshmallows in your near future.
Old 11-21-2010, 10:32 PM
Elder

Quote:

See? You might as well kiss your WoTaholism goodbye. There is a chat room and marshmallows in your near future.
- Marshmallows? Perfect! I'm going to be making a batch of rice krispie squares in the near future
Old 11-22-2010, 12:50 AM
Hero of the Horn

Belazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Belazamon

Quote:
I'm strangely comfortable with it.

Howdy!

No one cares, no one sympathizes
You just stand around and play synthesizers
Old 11-22-2010, 03:03 AM
Elder

Jonai has much to be proud ofJonai has much to be proud ofJonai has much to be proud ofJonai has much to be proud ofJonai has much to be proud ofJonai has much to be proud ofJonai has much to be proud ofJonai has much to be proud ofJonai has much to be proud ofJonai has much to be proud ofJonai has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to Jonai Send a message via AIM to Jonai Send a message via MSN to Jonai Send a message via Skype™ to Jonai

I was wondering how long it would take Bela to show up in this thread.

Welcome Sub!
Old 11-22-2010, 07:59 AM
Elder

Thanks for the warm welcome folks Good to be here!

Fair warning tho'. Am know to rant, go off topic, forget what topic I was on to begin with, and have a reputation for D&Ping.

And I kinda feel cheated. I have yet to see a single unicorn frolic anywheres here.
Old 11-22-2010, 08:06 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Bela seems to scare them off, for some reason.
Old 11-22-2010, 09:24 AM
Hero of the Horn

yks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond repute

there you go:

welcome!

Bonded to JWB

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
Old 11-22-2010, 09:54 AM
Elder

@yks 6nnetu hing-Woooooot!

Way cool!

Now if somebody could just tell a certain moderator on another site to get me the promised TOR dingle ball(inside joke- there was a huge honkin' thread and I was the last post until Torie-moderator- came along and snagged it from me, then I asked for a dingle ball for compensation -no dice) as Christmas is just around the corner...

Somehow I see Bela as being pro-unicorn. Edit- well you know what they say about unicorns that have big horns...

Last edited by subwoofer; 11-22-2010 at 11:24 AM.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:09 AM
Hero of the Horn

What's strange is that all the fire and stuff people are conspicuously absent. I think Naz is still reading the book. Maybe he had to wait to get it for some reason; he's in Finland.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:36 AM
Hero of the Horn

Jokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Jokeslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by subwoofer View Post
have a reputation for D&Ping.
I'm still trying to work out what this means.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:46 AM
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokeslayer View Post
I'm still trying to work out what this means.
Drinking and Posting

Sometimes it gets colorful...

Last edited by subwoofer; 11-22-2010 at 11:48 AM. Reason: I did say I was a WoTalohic didn't I?