art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Hey New Users of Theoryland!
User Name
Password

Old 12-03-2010, 09:50 AM
Hero of the Horn

What Martyn Did is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Returning after many years

I should introduce myself. I was once called Deornoth, although some (Dragon Thief) always called me Aram. I left about 10 years ago, shortly after my first child was born.

I love what Tamyrlin has done with the place.

I've been lurking for a few months, trying to get the lay of the land, so to speak.

I guess I'll see you all around.

“Halt here! Now! By order of the Lord Dragon! Else he’ll channel your head into your belly and feed you your own feet for breakfast!”
Old 12-03-2010, 10:13 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome back.

Did you ever post on ezBoard, or have you missed that episode entirely?
Old 12-03-2010, 10:15 AM
Hero of the Horn

Isabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Isabel

Welcome I heard your name before.
'Rand al'Thor, Nynaeve shrieked, that is the most outrageous thing I ever heard out of your mouth. The very idea of telling three women you love them! You are worse than a lecher. You apologize right now!'

Isabel sedai of the Green Ajah, Amyrlin of the Official Nynaeve Fanclub, first sister to Gennie Sedai of the Green Ajah, bonded to Camel, Wolf Gaidin, Jachthond and ghostrider.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:32 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoTheGreat View Post
Welcome back.

Did you ever post on ezBoard, or have you missed that episode entirely?
Thanks Gonzo. I did, yeah! I remember ezBoard. I remember hamsters running things, all that good stuff. Or was that before ezBoard? I was around for two or three moves, overall. It's coming back a little at a time...I'm still waiting for my epiphany on the mount.

Quote:
Welcome I heard your name before.
Thank you Isabel. Good to be back.
The early flame wars were intense, but I usually kept a Gray-Ajah look on things, so I never really got scorched.

“Halt here! Now! By order of the Lord Dragon! Else he’ll channel your head into your belly and feed you your own feet for breakfast!”
Old 12-03-2010, 10:32 AM
Hero of the Horn

DahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to DahLliA

you were before my time, but welcome back !

"'Profound... huh.' Temper was silent for a long moment, studying the cobbles of the alley mouth. And then he lifted his helmed head, faced Shadowthrone, and said, 'Fuck off.'"
Old 12-03-2010, 11:44 AM
Hero of the Horn

Sarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to behold

Welcome to TL, What Martyn Did!

Uh... do we abbreviate that to WMD?

the Grey Viper, the Lord of Forsaken Roads, the Pink Sunset
Old 12-03-2010, 12:34 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
do we abbreviate that to WMD?
Sure, or anything except Aram...he was a tool, and only a little more interesting insane than before.

Old 12-03-2010, 04:08 PM
Editor-in-Chief (with tenure)

Uno has disabled reputation

Good god! It's Aram. What's with the new daft name?
Old 12-03-2010, 10:29 PM
Hero of the Horn

Belazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Belazamon

Howdy! I actually don't know if we crossed paths before you vanished, but I've heard stories. Most of them involving shrooms, if I remember correctly.

No one cares, no one sympathizes
You just stand around and play synthesizers
Old 12-03-2010, 10:41 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Shrooms are good fun.
Old 12-03-2010, 10:43 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Good god! It's who?. What's with the new daft name?
Cordial as ever, Uno. It's a play on several things. I see you're doing well for yourself in TL.

Quote:
Howdy! I actually don't know if we crossed paths before you vanished, but I've heard stories. Most of them involving shrooms, if I remember correctly.
Yes, the shrooms had quite a long shelf life. I do remember you, Belazamon, unless it was someone with a similar name.

Old 12-03-2010, 10:59 PM
Hero of the Horn

Belazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by What Martyn Did View Post
Yes, the shrooms had quite a long shelf life. I do remember you, Belazamon, unless it was someone with a similar name.
Nope, I'm pretty singular. I just didn't remember if we actually interacted or if I just heard a lot about you. Anywho, welcome back.

Old 12-03-2010, 11:01 PM

Belazamon is Bela, mighty leafblower, so you'll be more than familiar with him and his work.
Old 12-04-2010, 09:50 PM
Lord of the Board

Tamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Tamyrlin
Default Deornoth/Aram!

Quote:
Originally Posted by What Martyn Did View Post
I should introduce myself. I was once called Deornoth, although some (Dragon Thief) always called me Aram. I left about 10 years ago, shortly after my first child was born.

I love what Tamyrlin has done with the place.

I've been lurking for a few months, trying to get the lay of the land, so to speak.

I guess I'll see you all around.
Hey Deornoth - great to see you. For those of you noobs, here are a few links that might be helpful.

http://www.theoryland.com/chronicles.php?user=deornoth (really need to finish the redesign...)

And a fun history lesson...

"The Way of the Goat

There were many styles of posting on Theoryland, back in the fading year of 1999. There was the constant influx of newbies without style, of course, as there will always be. Yet the majority of posters had methods to their madness. Aram was devoted to the Way of the Leaf. He refused to attack other posters and their theories, but strove all the harder to prove his own ideas."

http://www.theoryland.com/history.php?page=flame_goat
Old 12-04-2010, 09:56 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Quote:
The Dark Goat Prophecy, the Peace of the Goat, and others all became common knowledge, to the sheer dread of the few remaining non-Goatfriends. ...Frenzy became more alarmed, and even Tamyrlin was rumored to have shown up on the boards, a rare occurrence in and of itself.
Good stuff.
Old 12-04-2010, 11:29 PM

You had to dig up that goat thing, didn't you? Good grief, man, it's more than 11 years ago. Not exactly sure who wrote it way back when. Frenzy says DT or Goldeneyes. I think DT, as it postdates Goldylock's active involvement at Theoryland, but maybe someone else remembers.
Old 12-05-2010, 01:04 AM
Hero of the Horn

It occurs to me that Sodas has rediscovered the Way of the Goat these days.

Old 12-05-2010, 01:16 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belazamon View Post
It occurs to me that Sodas has rediscovered the Way of the Goat these days.
Well, the Wheel Turns, and that, I suppose. Bound to happen, really.
Old 12-05-2010, 01:17 AM
Hero of the Horn

So long as we don't get any more Goatfriends.

Old 12-05-2010, 01:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belazamon View Post
So long as we don't get any more Goatfriends.
You know, I rather think we have a few of those, judging by recent debates.