art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Hey New Users of Theoryland!
User Name
Password

Old 12-08-2010, 08:18 AM
Youngling

SixPips will become famous soon enoughSixPips will become famous soon enough
Default Youngling Sixpips---dodging shadows without Gawyn to get me killed

just figured I would toss some info about myself, I am a new user to Theoryland, although I am a long time reader. I will throw out a few tidbits about myself and then say hey, its done!

I am twenty-two years old, married since may of this year (2010) and am currently employed at BMW where I do not use any form of the information I learned during college...at all.

My College major was Biology, I went to NGU in South Carolina, it is a Christian college. I have done debates against evolutionist professors and their students in front of my piers and judges, and done better than well in them ^^.

I chose Biology in order to try and disprove the Bible in the first place, didn't work so well, and found myself a Believer...but thats another story.

I have always loved reading and writing, although I have had a problem with finishing my works. That combined with a practicality aspect "who would hire someone with a Literature degree nowadays?" was part of the reason I went with Biology as well, a man has to make some money.

I have read The Wheel of Time series for a very, very long time. I was a young man at the age of 7 when my father bought the first book for me. At that time I had already devoured The Lord of the Rings, the Elric Saga, Nine Princes in Amber series, and anything else I could get my hands on.

The one thing that has troubled me about the fantasy genre is that it is always an "ending of an age" type deal. It was with that purpose that I started writing my first book, no working title yet, but with the purpose of having a Beginning. I have been designing my own magic system, and having it spring up from the ruins of modern day Earth. It is far harder than I expected, but also far more enjoyable than following a linear pathway with my book.

Thats me, thats my tidbits lol. no more secrets. Mat is clearly my favorite character, thus did I choose this screen name.

"Are you absolutely sure?"

"...wow...thats an interesting thought..."

-Conversation between Ben Stein and Evolution scientist Richard Dawkins
Old 12-08-2010, 08:28 AM
Elder

Daekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Sixpips.

That story of yours sounds interesting.

Welcome to theoryland.

Daek.

Ps. someone will be along later with directions to beer and stuff. There may also be a barbecue.

He just got carried away a bit this time, probably as a result of his marriage-gonzothegreat

Son of Nazbaque, Lord of Fire
Old 12-08-2010, 08:50 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixPips View Post
I chose Biology in order to try and disprove the Bible in the first place, didn't work so well, and found myself a Believer...but thats another story.
You probably didn't read the Bible.
Or you have startling new evidence showing that bats are birds (Leviticus|11:19) after all.
Then there's all the references to the heart where the brain would have been far more sensible. As far as I could determine, the brain is not mentioned at all in the Bible.

Of course, studying geography or astronomy might've worked better, as the Bible assumes a flat Earth, and definitely a geocentric universe. But that's really just quibbling.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekyras View Post
Ps. someone will be along later with directions to beer and stuff. There may also be a barbecue.
Fire is dangerous. Which, admittedly, does not seem to stop all that many people from using it.
Old 12-08-2010, 09:19 AM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Funny, I thought you said you were 15 in one of the ToM fanfic threads...

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot
Old 12-08-2010, 09:20 AM
Elder

Daekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoTheGreat View Post
As far as I could determine, the brain is not mentioned at all in the Bible.

Of course, studying geography or astronomy might've worked better, as the Bible assumes a flat Earth, and definitely a geocentric universe. But that's really just quibbling.
Now you're just nit-picking.

He just got carried away a bit this time, probably as a result of his marriage-gonzothegreat

Old 12-08-2010, 10:11 AM
Youngling

SixPips will become famous soon enoughSixPips will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davian93 View Post
Funny, I thought you said you were 15 in one of the ToM fanfic threads...
Reread it my friend, said I was a reader of fifteen years = )

As for the Anti-Biblical shots...was just telling my story; although I am willing to discuss theology, science, and worldview with you Gonzo if you want to send me a private message.

Edited, had wrong name sorry!

"Are you absolutely sure?"

"...wow...thats an interesting thought..."

-Conversation between Ben Stein and Evolution scientist Richard Dawkins

Last edited by SixPips; 12-08-2010 at 12:16 PM.
Old 12-08-2010, 10:43 AM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixPips View Post
Reread it my friend, said I was a reader of fifteen years = )

As for the Anti-Biblical shots...was just telling my story; although I am willing to discuss theology, science, and worldview with you Davian if you want to send me a private message.
Ahh...my mistake.

I didn't make any anti-biblical shots...

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot
Old 12-08-2010, 10:53 AM
Editor-in-Chief (with tenure)

Uno has disabled reputation

Quote:
You probably didn't read the Bible.
Or you have startling new evidence showing that bats are birds (Leviticus|11:19) after all.
Then there's all the references to the heart where the brain would have been far more sensible. As far as I could determine, the brain is not mentioned at all in the Bible.
Know all about the bible, do you? Then what was What's-His-Name--the chap who begat Thingummy? Can you tell me that?
Old 12-08-2010, 11:33 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uno View Post
Know all about the bible, do you? Then what was What's-His-Name--the chap who begat Thingummy? Can you tell me that?
Wikileaks hasn't released that particular chapter, yet, so that is still classified.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Wikileaks hasn't released that particular chapter, yet, so that is still classified.
Fishy. You appear to be completely without scripture knowledge.
Old 12-08-2010, 12:20 PM
Hero of the Horn

Jokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Jokeslayer

Welcome to TL! (Nearly a hundred posts in this is perhaps a touch redundant, but whatever)

Because I'm curious, what does the capital-B Believer in your OP refer to? I wasn't really clear
Old 12-08-2010, 02:27 PM
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uno View Post
That's an easy ony one uno. Thingummy, the father of Whosit, was the SECOND son of Whatchamacallum.

Whatchamacallum, of course, was the first cousin of John, Not the Baptist.

Old 12-08-2010, 02:34 PM
Hero of the Horn

Belazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Belazamon

Howdy!

No one cares, no one sympathizes
You just stand around and play synthesizers
Old 12-08-2010, 02:36 PM

Quote:
That's an easy ony one uno. Thingummy, the father of Whosit, was the SECOND son of Whatchamacallum.

Whatchamacallum, of course, was the first cousin of John, Not the Baptist.
Quite. Well-known fact. Yet Gonzo was clueless.
Old 12-08-2010, 03:11 PM
Elder

subwoofer is just really nicesubwoofer is just really nicesubwoofer is just really nicesubwoofer is just really nicesubwoofer is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to subwoofer

Quote:
Hey Sixpips.

That story of yours sounds interesting.

Welcome to theoryland.

Daek.

What? Where? Ribs? Wings? Brisket?
Old 12-08-2010, 04:20 PM
Elder

dominominic has a brilliant futuredominominic has a brilliant futuredominominic has a brilliant futuredominominic has a brilliant futuredominominic has a brilliant futuredominominic has a brilliant futuredominominic has a brilliant futuredominominic has a brilliant futuredominominic has a brilliant futuredominominic has a brilliant futuredominominic has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by subwoofer View Post
What? Where? Ribs? Wings? Brisket?
What's brisket?

-Ted Danson
Old 12-08-2010, 09:25 PM
Elder

Mam A'Lemur is a name known to allMam A'Lemur is a name known to allMam A'Lemur is a name known to allMam A'Lemur is a name known to allMam A'Lemur is a name known to allMam A'Lemur is a name known to allMam A'Lemur is a name known to allMam A'Lemur is a name known to all
Send a message via MSN to Mam A'Lemur Send a message via Yahoo to Mam A'Lemur

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominominic View Post
What's brisket?
It's a boneless cut of beef from the breast portion. It can be really tough, but with slow cooking and the right BBQ seasonings, it can be heaven on a bun. (I like my brisket in sandwich form). I prefer brisket to ribs when I eat barbecue, since I have this weird aversion to meat with bones.

Great. Now I'm hungry!
Old 12-08-2010, 10:55 PM
Hero of the Horn

DahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to DahLliA

Quote:
beer? what beer?

there's no beer here.

the stuff though.
the stuff is <- that way

*goes this -> way carrying a cloth-wrapped, barrel-shaped object*

"'Profound... huh.' Temper was silent for a long moment, studying the cobbles of the alley mouth. And then he lifted his helmed head, faced Shadowthrone, and said, 'Fuck off.'"
Old 12-08-2010, 11:11 PM
Elder

Jonai has much to be proud ofJonai has much to be proud ofJonai has much to be proud ofJonai has much to be proud ofJonai has much to be proud ofJonai has much to be proud ofJonai has much to be proud ofJonai has much to be proud ofJonai has much to be proud ofJonai has much to be proud ofJonai has much to be proud of
Send a message via ICQ to Jonai Send a message via AIM to Jonai Send a message via MSN to Jonai Send a message via Skype™ to Jonai

I like the title.

*stalks Dahl*
Old 12-09-2010, 10:21 AM
Elder

subwoofer is just really nicesubwoofer is just really nicesubwoofer is just really nicesubwoofer is just really nicesubwoofer is just really nice
Send a message via MSN to subwoofer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dominominic View Post
What's brisket?
Hmmmm apparently I can't do images so here goes this... sooos, am getting hungry just thinking about bbq... mmmmm good...

Wait- what? somebody walking off with a keg? runs off in -> direction...