art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (1): ShadowbaneX,

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Conventions > JordanCon 2011
User Name
Password

Old 01-05-2011, 12:09 PM
Lord of the Board

Tamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Tamyrlin
Default Theoryland, JordanCon and a Group Rate

Hey Theorylanders,

JordanCon was built for HCFF's like us. It's the kind of place we make sense, a fact that was most obvious during the group trivia challenge during the last JordanCon. And with only one book remaining, there are few opportunities likes this before it is over. I plan on being there this year and next. If you can't make it in 2011, YOU MUST BE THERE in 2012.

If you do plan to attend and have not bought your ticket, I can still get us a group rate on tickets (Jenn likes the Freaks.) Currently, individual tickets cost $55. If there are enough of us, we can get that knocked down a bit I'm sure. Last year, I paid for 18 or 19 tickets and had people pay me back at JordanCon. This year, I may provide a PayPal email address if you'd rather pay me back once I've made the purchase. I'd like to get this figure out in January so we can make the purchase in early February. Also, it's a great time to reserve your room and get your flight out to Atlanta.

So, reply if you are going and want me to add you to the group rate list.

I look forward to seeing everyone again. Oh, and btw, I'll be running some Theory panels which you can't miss, just ask those that attended last year's Loony Theory panel.

Tam

Last edited by Tamyrlin; 01-05-2011 at 12:44 PM.
Old 01-05-2011, 12:32 PM
Hero of the Horn

Hopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant future

Oh wise and mighty Lord of the Board, please place my name upon your list.

Dapple's Alpha
Guardian Wolf to Zaela Sedai and Packmate to the 'taer clan.
Greeter Emeritus

Training younglings to Howl since 1998

Jordan: I have always thought that the small whimper of a theory as it dies is a beautiful sound.
Old 01-05-2011, 02:15 PM
Hero of the Horn

Ishara has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Ishara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamyrlin View Post
Hey Theorylanders,

JordanCon was built for HCFF's like us. It's the kind of place we make sense, a fact that was most obvious during the group trivia challenge during the last JordanCon. And with only one book remaining, there are few opportunities likes this before it is over. I plan on being there this year and next. If you can't make it in 2011, YOU MUST BE THERE in 2012.

If you do plan to attend and have not bought your ticket, I can still get us a group rate on tickets (Jenn likes the Freaks.) Currently, individual tickets cost $55. If there are enough of us, we can get that knocked down a bit I'm sure. Last year, I paid for 18 or 19 tickets and had people pay me back at JordanCon. This year, I may provide a PayPal email address if you'd rather pay me back once I've made the purchase. I'd like to get this figure out in January so we can make the purchase in early February. Also, it's a great time to reserve your room and get your flight out to Atlanta.

So, reply if you are going and want me to add you to the group rate list.

I look forward to seeing everyone again. Oh, and btw, I'll be running some Theory panels which you can't miss, just ask those that attended last year's Loony Theory panel.

Tam
I can swing it, I'm calling your panels.

Rand: You are an insensitive bastard!!!
Mat: And you ruined another hat!

It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by lightening. -- Calvin

"Gee, I wish I could do magic! Maybe I'll try!" --SDog

Official Vixen of Theoryland and Theoryland Siren

Grain Goddess, the Rood Inverse, the Mad Glomper
Old 01-05-2011, 04:03 PM
Hero of the Horn

ShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond repute

Seeing as how I'm about to be a student for the next four months flying down and hitting a con is only going to be possible if I win the lottery. I'll certainly try to be there for 2012 though.
Old 01-06-2011, 09:37 AM
Hero of the Horn

WinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to WinespringBrother

Count me in!

"Oh, y'all [Theorylanders] are awesome with awesome sauce, but you ask a lot of tricky questions. I had to watch myself with you guys." - Maria

"I need to RAFO more things, I'm not being very Robert Jordan..." - Brandon
Old 01-06-2011, 05:26 PM
Elder

FelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamyrlin View Post
Hey Theorylanders,

Tam

How about a JordanCon: Salt Lake City edition?

For more see, @TinkerPride at Twitter.com
Old 01-08-2011, 11:44 AM
Hero of the Horn

Marie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond repute

Please add me to the list, Tam. I plan to be there.
Old 01-08-2011, 02:04 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Me too.
Old 01-08-2011, 11:09 PM
Hero of the Horn

Isabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Isabel

I was already going, but already bought a ticket
'Rand al'Thor, Nynaeve shrieked, that is the most outrageous thing I ever heard out of your mouth. The very idea of telling three women you love them! You are worse than a lecher. You apologize right now!'

Isabel sedai of the Green Ajah, Amyrlin of the Official Nynaeve Fanclub, first sister to Gennie Sedai of the Green Ajah, bonded to Camel, Wolf Gaidin, Jachthond and ghostrider.
Old 01-09-2011, 12:53 AM
Hero of the Horn

Belazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Belazamon

I was actually thinking about trying to get there this year, but it looks like I might be busy for the next couple of months. Maybe I'll finally make it in 2012...

No one cares, no one sympathizes
You just stand around and play synthesizers
Old 01-09-2011, 04:58 AM
Hero of the Horn

Isabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Isabel

Would be so great to meet you Bela. You sure you cannot take a friday till sunday off?
'Rand al'Thor, Nynaeve shrieked, that is the most outrageous thing I ever heard out of your mouth. The very idea of telling three women you love them! You are worse than a lecher. You apologize right now!'

Isabel sedai of the Green Ajah, Amyrlin of the Official Nynaeve Fanclub, first sister to Gennie Sedai of the Green Ajah, bonded to Camel, Wolf Gaidin, Jachthond and ghostrider.
Old 01-09-2011, 09:34 PM
Hero of the Horn

Belazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant futureBelazamon has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to Belazamon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabel View Post
Would be so great to meet you Bela. You sure you cannot take a friday till sunday off?
Not sure, but it doesn't look likely.

Anyone live in Massachusetts? It's at least a possibility that I might be moving there soon, though I'm not 100% sure how strong that possibility is yet...

No one cares, no one sympathizes
You just stand around and play synthesizers
Old 01-09-2011, 11:29 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Dewie is in MA I think, and also there are other New Englanders not too far away.
Old 01-12-2011, 02:17 PM
13th Depository

Linda is a splendid one to beholdLinda is a splendid one to beholdLinda is a splendid one to beholdLinda is a splendid one to beholdLinda is a splendid one to beholdLinda is a splendid one to beholdLinda is a splendid one to beholdLinda is a splendid one to beholdLinda is a splendid one to behold

I've already bought my ticket Tam. Hoping to pay for plane tickets this week. Difficulty is getting the time to do it. Work is very busy.
Old 01-19-2011, 12:58 PM
Youngling

mnm_010 is an unknown quantity at this point

Is it too late? I'd like to get in on any discount possible.
Old 03-22-2011, 12:14 PM
Lord of the Board

Tamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Tamyrlin
Default Discount - Need Ten

Hey Everyone,

I've been hoping we could put ten people together to get the discount, but some have already purchased their tickets, so it looks like we won't be able to get any discount below $55.

I recommend everyone buy their own in the next ten days (before April 3rd) to make sure you can get the $55 price. If you need some help to purchase it now and you want to pay me back at JordanCon I can do that too, since this is late notice and some of you might not have been planning to be able to make the purchase in the next week or so.

http://www.ageoflegends.net/?page_id=32

Sorry about the lack of discount...many were not able to attend that had hoped to late last year.