art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Hey New Users of Theoryland!
User Name
Password

Old 03-07-2011, 06:02 PM
Youngling

Malpine Walis is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Well, look what the cat dragged in.

Well, look what the cat dragged in.

Wow! I have not been around for like ten years or so. Stuff happened and I kinda got lost. Well, I am back.

Dose anyone still remember me or shall I enter as a noob? Frenzy? SBX? Stormy? You out there?
Old 03-07-2011, 11:37 PM
Hero of the Horn

Frenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Frenzy Send a message via Yahoo to Frenzy

Holy crap!!! Heya Malpine, how's it going? SBX is still around, but Stormy's been awol since PoD or so.

"How the hell do you Godwin a thread with CUCUMBERS!!?" -- Tru

"I love cucumber prawn... " -- Ivhon

"Have to catch me first. Scared shitless always outruns mad as hell." -- Sinistrum

"Some days I'm happy Frenzy doesn't live next door." -- Tamyrlin

"So Frenzy is a scientist then?" -- Davian
"Well duh. An Evil scientist. " -- Khoram
Old 03-08-2011, 05:25 AM
Hero of the Horn

Sarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to behold

Hello person that I've never met!

Welcome back!

the Grey Viper, the Lord of Forsaken Roads, the Pink Sunset
Old 03-08-2011, 06:21 PM
Youngling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarevok View Post
Hello person that I've never met!
And I can say the same.

I guess that I might as well do a proper intro. As is obvious, I was around a long time ago. I left suddenly because my computer died and I had to take care of that. That was like four computers ago. I was in a place where warranties were something I never wanted to deal with, so I had to learn to build my own computer.

I ended up on the staff of the forum where I learned how to do that. I have been through quite a bit of stuff since then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy View Post
Holy crap!!! Heya Malpine, how's it going? SBX is still around, but Stormy's been awol since PoD or so.
So Frenzy, see the avatar. Of course you do. The last time I was around, the internet did not really allow pictures or something. That is the actual cat that does not mind male channelers. He was 18 when he passed.

For those who do not know, there is back story on that. Odd that I even remember it but the night that I met Frenzy, I was not caught up on the books, so I did not know that my twin towers character was not supposed to have a cat. In the chat, Frenzy mentioned that it must be an unusual cat to like a male channeler.

My reply was that if she could find a usual cat, I would call it out as unusual just for being usual.

Wanna stick a face on the name?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_X4FMxCV9Po

I am the bass player.

So is anyone else from the old days around? Professor Snow? Bryan? Gil?
Old 03-08-2011, 11:41 PM
Hero of the Horn

ShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond repute

Heya Malpine, long time no see...well, that's not entirely true, I see you ICQ occasionally, but I just figured you went your way and left it at that. Good to see you back though!

There are still a fair number of the old Twin Towers people around, some of them even post on occasion. Well, post here, not in TT. That's been dead for a while.
Old 03-10-2011, 04:32 PM
Mistress of Novices

Zaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Zaela Sedai Send a message via MSN to Zaela Sedai Send a message via Yahoo to Zaela Sedai Send a message via Skype™ to Zaela Sedai

Welcome back...I guess I won't give you the whole speech

The One, the Original, the ONLY Z
Beware of impostors

In Brandon We Trust
This TL Siren is bonded to Pops, XX, DaiShan and DeiwosTheSkyGod. Allied with Seeker and Guarded by Hopper
General of the Western Border, Valkyrie of the Autumn Storm, Destined Fury
Old 03-15-2011, 06:18 AM
Hero of the Horn

DahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to DahLliA

gonna go with Sare here. welcome back

"'Profound... huh.' Temper was silent for a long moment, studying the cobbles of the alley mouth. And then he lifted his helmed head, faced Shadowthrone, and said, 'Fuck off.'"
Old 03-19-2011, 06:08 PM
Hero of the Horn

John Snow is just really niceJohn Snow is just really niceJohn Snow is just really niceJohn Snow is just really niceJohn Snow is just really niceJohn Snow is just really nice

Whoa, Malpine - time happens, eh? I dropped off for a while in a general snit at RJ for being so slow, and figuring I'd wait till the final book finally appears - or any book, come to that - and have been sort of hanging out since. Ya know, now that I think about it, I don't think I've heard an explanation for my favorite theory (the scarred guy in Baerlon was Sammael, who brought along the trollocs and fades) - it might be fun to harass Brandon for an explanation.
Old 03-19-2011, 06:11 PM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

I have an answer to that, John:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RJ
Sammael is dead. He is dead. He is dead. He may be reborn again, but then he will not remember he was Sammael. He cannot be reincarnated. He is dead.
That should be enough to put your theory to rest, now shouldn't it?
Old 03-19-2011, 07:39 PM
Hero of the Horn

John Snow is just really niceJohn Snow is just really niceJohn Snow is just really niceJohn Snow is just really niceJohn Snow is just really niceJohn Snow is just really nice

It most certainly is not - Sammy wasn't dead when the troops were going through Baerlon. Terez thinks she found something to repudiate the theory, but I don't remember what it was....old, absent-minded professor, you know.
Old 03-28-2011, 01:14 AM
Youngling

Well, Prof Snow, time really happens.

Did you look at my video?

Back when you knew me, people told me that I looked like Ted Nugent. Since then, my hair has done pretty much what my father's hair did around the same age. I just could not see long on the sides and not on top, so I did the Telly Savalas deal.
Old 04-02-2011, 12:11 AM
Hero of the Horn

Default That looks like fun...

just checked out the video. Looks like you guys are having fun with that whole thing. I do music as a hobby, too, but classical singing * opera. If you like classic punk, you might look up a group a friend of mine & his wife have going, Siggy -
http://www.siggytheband.com/images/siggy.swf
Old 04-03-2011, 09:45 AM
Youngling

Well, I checked that band out prof. They are good for me on technical merit but they are not really where I am going musically.

The band that I linked to has basically fallen apart. That happens with bands and I am not disposed to worry about it all that much. So where I am at is trying to get a new band going.

I have a few leads on that.

My keyboard player is, well, not famous but his father is. If you are into jazz, then you might know Conrad Janis. Even if not, you might remember Mindy's father on Mork and Mindy.

The drummer in the linked stuff, He has great talent but he would take his methadone right before a session. His best work comes in the window between pain and nod.

The guitarist is the guy from hell. He tried to make everything be about him. “Umm, dude, if you want the chickies, I am happy for you but you are pushing on 60.” I will never prove the matter but I am told that my living room rug was a drummer's rug at woodstock (possibly pigpen's).

I will play with any of them again but the group is never going to happen again.

Past that, I have a couple of possibilities.

One guy who lives ten stories above me is an old jazz guy. I think that he is my best hit but I need to learn that stuff.

The other guy, well I ran into him kind of accidentally. He is the drummer for Moby (check him on youtube, has over two billion hits).

Also, my brother plays small stuff, mostly on the tin whistle.

So yah, I have a few points which I can work with. They all come with my kilt.