art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Conventions > JordanCon 2011
User Name
Password

Old 03-07-2011, 07:43 AM
Hero of the Horn

WinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to WinespringBrother
Default Kaffleklatch 2011

This is a one-on-one with the guests for an hour. Limited signups for each one.

https://spreadsheets.google.com/view...FJSWc6MQ#gid=0

Probably Team Jordan and Brandon will be all taken and become random drawings.

Go and sign up!

"Oh, y'all [Theorylanders] are awesome with awesome sauce, but you ask a lot of tricky questions. I had to watch myself with you guys." - Maria

"I need to RAFO more things, I'm not being very Robert Jordan..." - Brandon
Old 03-07-2011, 09:21 AM
Elder

Leanne is a jewel in the roughLeanne is a jewel in the roughLeanne is a jewel in the rough

I just signed up. I did both you mentioned, figured it would be random as well. Good luck to us!
Old 04-11-2011, 07:55 AM
Hero of the Horn

WinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant future

I got selected for the Kaffleklatch with Brandon, Maria and Alan at 2:30pm on Saturday. Gotta get my questions ready. If anyone has anything they want asked, let me know!

"Oh, y'all [Theorylanders] are awesome with awesome sauce, but you ask a lot of tricky questions. I had to watch myself with you guys." - Maria

Old 04-11-2011, 04:43 PM
Hero of the Horn

Hopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant futureHopper has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinespringBrother View Post
I got selected for the Kaffleklatch with Brandon, Maria and Alan at 2:30pm on Saturday. Gotta get my questions ready. If anyone has anything they want asked, let me know!
I have a question. Can I have your spot?

Dapple's Alpha
Guardian Wolf to Zaela Sedai and Packmate to the 'taer clan.
Greeter Emeritus

Training younglings to Howl since 1998

Jordan: I have always thought that the small whimper of a theory as it dies is a beautiful sound.
Old 04-11-2011, 04:54 PM
Hero of the Horn

Isabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Isabel

I am in the Kaffeeklatch with Harriet and Wilson. Now I just have to find something good to ask. Why do i always don't know what to say when having a normal conversation with Harriet or any other people
'Rand al'Thor, Nynaeve shrieked, that is the most outrageous thing I ever heard out of your mouth. The very idea of telling three women you love them! You are worse than a lecher. You apologize right now!'

Isabel sedai of the Green Ajah, Amyrlin of the Official Nynaeve Fanclub, first sister to Gennie Sedai of the Green Ajah, bonded to Camel, Wolf Gaidin, Jachthond and ghostrider.
Old 04-12-2011, 07:52 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopper View Post
I have a question. Can I have your spot?
RAFO :P

Old 04-12-2011, 10:01 AM
Hero of the Horn

Ishara has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Ishara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabel View Post
I am in the Kaffeeklatch with Harriet and Wilson. Now I just have to find something good to ask. Why do i always don't know what to say when having a normal conversation with Harriet or any other people
Start with "hi." xo

Why don't you chat with them about horseback riding in Montana? Or your lovely Canadian friend?

Rand: You are an insensitive bastard!!!
Mat: And you ruined another hat!

It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by lightening. -- Calvin

"Gee, I wish I could do magic! Maybe I'll try!" --SDog

Official Vixen of Theoryland and Theoryland Siren

Grain Goddess, the Rood Inverse, the Mad Glomper
Old 04-12-2011, 11:48 AM
Hero of the Horn

Isabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
hy don't you chat with them about horseback riding in Montana? Or your lovely Canadian friend?
I could do that. We ( i hope i also speak for you) had a wonderfull time at Niagara falls and the butterfly museum.

But unfortunately we probably also need to talk about other things Oh well, i will just have to think up a few good questions and hope i dont' geek out
'Rand al'Thor, Nynaeve shrieked, that is the most outrageous thing I ever heard out of your mouth. The very idea of telling three women you love them! You are worse than a lecher. You apologize right now!'

Isabel sedai of the Green Ajah, Amyrlin of the Official Nynaeve Fanclub, first sister to Gennie Sedai of the Green Ajah, bonded to Camel, Wolf Gaidin, Jachthond and ghostrider.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:49 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
RAFO :P
Are you sure you just don't wanna say ' no' ?

Old 04-12-2011, 03:17 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabel View Post
Are you sure you just don't wanna say ' no' ?
ROFL

Don't be afraid to ask plot questions of Harriet and Wilson. After all, Wilson was the one who mentioned the hidden _____ in the Blight.

Old 04-12-2011, 04:30 PM
Hero of the Horn

thx for the tip, wsb Will think of something!

Old 04-14-2011, 12:41 AM
Hero of the Horn

Frenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Frenzy Send a message via Yahoo to Frenzy

Ask why they had to ruin Moiraine when they brought her back.

(That should piss off the Moiraine Fangirls royally. )

"How the hell do you Godwin a thread with CUCUMBERS!!?" -- Tru

"I love cucumber prawn... " -- Ivhon

"Have to catch me first. Scared shitless always outruns mad as hell." -- Sinistrum

"Some days I'm happy Frenzy doesn't live next door." -- Tamyrlin

"So Frenzy is a scientist then?" -- Davian
"Well duh. An Evil scientist. " -- Khoram
Old 04-14-2011, 05:54 AM
Hero of the Horn

LOL, good one Frenzy.

Old 04-14-2011, 06:44 AM
Hero of the Horn

Ishara has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Ishara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy View Post
Ask why they had to ruin Moiraine when they brought her back.

(That should piss off the Moiraine Fangirls royally. )
DO IT!!!!

Rand: You are an insensitive bastard!!!
Mat: And you ruined another hat!

It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by lightening. -- Calvin

"Gee, I wish I could do magic! Maybe I'll try!" --SDog

Official Vixen of Theoryland and Theoryland Siren

Grain Goddess, the Rood Inverse, the Mad Glomper
Old 04-14-2011, 11:18 AM
Hero of the Horn

Well it's only a kaffeeklatch with 10 person, so i am not sure if the Moiraine fans are there. But I can also ask it in some other setting. Only I will say thatit's a question from Frenzy.
I don't really mind that she is back.

Old 04-14-2011, 12:10 PM
Elder

sleepinghour has a reputation beyond reputesleepinghour has a reputation beyond reputesleepinghour has a reputation beyond reputesleepinghour has a reputation beyond reputesleepinghour has a reputation beyond reputesleepinghour has a reputation beyond reputesleepinghour has a reputation beyond reputesleepinghour has a reputation beyond reputesleepinghour has a reputation beyond reputesleepinghour has a reputation beyond reputesleepinghour has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
1. Why did the female access key melt at the Cleansing but not the male one?

2. Is any of the main characters (aside from Rand) the reincarnation of someone famous?

3. If a channeler like Verin had been bound by the Horn, would she still be able to channel?

I'm especially curious about #2, but would be grateful to have any of the above questions asked.
Old 04-14-2011, 11:01 PM
Hero of the Horn

Frenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond repute

Just to be clear, i believed she should've stayed dead because she was my favorite character who died an awesome death full of meaning and sacrifice, and her role in the plot was completed. i knew she wouldn't stay dead, though. Like Gilshalos said, it was telegraphed worse than a punch-drunk boxer. i hoped, but i was resigned to her return.

i'm just really really pissed off that her character appears to have been evicerated by her return.

Has anyone asked yet if Rand had permission to use the TP, or if he accessed it without permission thru Moridin?

"Have to catch me first. Scared shitless always outruns mad as hell." -- Sinistrum

Old 04-15-2011, 01:32 AM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Yeah, we asked, and we went around the world on it because of contradicting reports. Brandon is remaining officially vague on it. Sleepinghour's first question is a good one, but the second has already been asked (officially vague yet again).
Old 04-15-2011, 01:40 AM
Hero of the Horn

What's the bigger MacGuffin, the Horn of Valere or the Bowl of the Winds?

Old 04-15-2011, 02:03 AM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

It would seem that both have already been disqualified by actually serving a purpose beyond driving the plot on a couple of different levels for each.