art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (1): aldoarle,

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - WoT Discussion Boards > Archived: General Wheel of Time Discussion - 05/2008 - 03/2012
User Name
Password

Old 05-21-2011, 04:45 AM
Elder

The Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Demandred-Too much information?

A little joke for my physics buddy Res...

A question on all of our minds is "Where is Demandred?"
I think I have the answer.
As the Chosen most prone to anger, Demandred has some justification. Consistently coming up "short", he lost in politics, battle, love. But is this enough to explain his being more angry than even Mesaana? I think not. I recently dismissed a theory presented by the brilliant Felix, who claimed Demandred was searching for a sa'angreal, and that said search dominated his time.

In light of recent research connecting t.m.i to anger levels, I am forced to reconsider.

Demandred needs help. His anger is out of control. And so I feel Felix is correct: Demandred is searching, sa'angreal, pills, pumps, any enhancement. Anything to fix his inadequacy. And he is searching in the one place he can, to avoid notice:
Murandy
Old 05-21-2011, 06:18 AM
Elder

Zombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Zombie Sammael

Honestly - you said my Mat joke was bad.
Old 05-21-2011, 01:11 PM
Elder

The Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond repute

Did I?
Old 05-21-2011, 01:36 PM
Elder

Zombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond repute

Well, actually you said it'd be funnier if it was about Tylin. Someone else said it was bad.
Old 05-21-2011, 03:25 PM
Elder

Ha. I actually made no comment whatsoever on your joke. The Tylin bit came from someone else.
Old 05-21-2011, 04:02 PM
Elder

Rand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of light

Yeah, the Tylin bit came from me, as it seemed more her character.
Old 05-21-2011, 09:45 PM
Elder

Well, obviously you're all a bunch of interchangeable talking heads to me. *jk*
Old 05-21-2011, 10:39 PM
Elder

Has anyone seen what I am talking about?
Old 05-22-2011, 01:55 PM
Elder

All jokes aside, maybe Demandred is somehow directly responsible for the bubbles of evil, some sort of balefire + Tel'aran'rhiod.

Would explain how we see him "all the time" when we have never actually "seen" him.
Old 05-22-2011, 03:00 PM
Elder

Rand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unreasoner View Post
All jokes aside, maybe Demandred is somehow directly responsible for the bubbles of evil, some sort of balefire + Tel'aran'rhiod.

Would explain how we see him "all the time" when we have never actually "seen" him.
Not Balefire and TAR, look at Rand's battle with Rahvin, had no effect on the waking world, and the effects in TAR were temporary.
Old 05-22-2011, 03:32 PM
Hero of the Horn

Marie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

The bubbles of evil started long before Demandred was 'asked' to use balefire by the Dark One in the LOC prologue.
Old 05-22-2011, 03:52 PM
Elder

I appreciate the quick and accurate responses. Though the balefire was just an example, a hypothetical. Some sort of reality destroying weave. Even Tel'aran'rhiod is interchangeable. Although I always thought of Demandred as a skilled dreamwalker, maybe even a dreamer. Maybe even just imposing madness, then bridging a la the Horn of Valere. For the timing, maybe he is responsible for just exacerbation. And while I still think he is playing at least a small role in the Legion, he may be the person making sure "some of Ishamael's commands are still be carried out".
Old 05-22-2011, 04:47 PM
Elder

nameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant future

Ishamael subjected dozens of his agents to compulsion at the beginning of The Great Hunt, which is why his commands kept being carried out even after he left the stage.
Old 05-22-2011, 05:07 PM
Elder

While I agree that the compulsions explain many of the actions, I still wonder who was behind the murders of Carridin's family.
Old 05-22-2011, 05:18 PM
Elder

Quote:
While I agree that the compulsions explain many of the actions, I still wonder who was behind the murders of Carridin's family.
Mr. Fade!

But I have to feel sorry for his family (who probably were not DFs for all we know) since they were killed slowly and horribly because of him.
Old 05-22-2011, 08:03 PM
Elder

Balefire on a larger scale has the effect of causing a "Balescream", a rippling effect across the pattern, as shown in TGS and TOM. If Demandred is off Balefiring the Sharans (for example) it's conceivable there could be other longer term effects.
Old 05-22-2011, 08:18 PM
Elder

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Sammael View Post
Balefire on a larger scale has the effect of causing a "Balescream", a rippling effect across the pattern, as shown in TGS and TOM. If Demandred is off Balefiring the Sharans (for example) it's conceivable there could be other longer term effects.
Well, considering the power of the blast and the age of the structure along with hundreds of people inside it, of course there'll be a massive "Balescream."

But Demandred would more likely send his own hoardes of trollocs into Shara, rather than hunt down each and ever village and the whatnot.
Old 05-22-2011, 08:42 PM
Elder

I was thinking more along the lines of yanking someone into Tel'aran'rhiod and balefiring, something like a butterfly effect. Targeting specific threads could unravel enough to rip apart a small portion, the the DO or even Demandred himself could fill the gap with bubbles of evil. Staying in Tel'aran'rhiod with a firm view of himself might protect him from potential repurcussions.

But sure, killing a bunch of Sharans with Trollocs works too

Tags
demandred, murandy, saangreal