art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (1): tfyhughtiffany,

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > General "Other" Books Discussion > Brandon Sanderson
User Name
Password

Old 06-01-2011, 07:03 AM
Youngling

jarno87 is just really nicejarno87 is just really nicejarno87 is just really nicejarno87 is just really nicejarno87 is just really nice
Post Report: pancakes & fries 2011: A meeting with Brandon Sanderson

As Isabel already reported in the convention section, yesterday we had an unscheduled meeting with Brandon in Amsterdam.
The WOT related information is in the other thread but Brandon also talked about his own books. Most of it are just bits and pieces and it's a bit chaotic. I'll try to post as much as I can remember:
  • About the scheduling. He plans to start writing the next Stormlight Archive book right after he turns in AMOL. He hopes to write two books for the stormlight archive in a row. The first of those might (very early estimates) be released at the end of 2012, or early 2013.
  • He talked about the link between his magic systems. One of the core principles is 'investing'. In l lot of his systems people are trough some mechanism invested with magic powers. In Elantris trough the Shaod, In mistborn it's genetic, in tWoK it depends on what some one has done.
  • Object with almost sentient behavior like nightblood in Warbreaker share important links with the Spren from tWoK. If you understand the spren you will understand a lot about the connection between the books.
  • Some movie company has got an option on the mistborn books.
  • The mistborn series was sold as three trilogies. The first trilogy (the one we know) is set in medieval/16th century technoly and is fantasy. The second trilogy will be set in the current day, or at least with the same kind of technology. This makes it urban fantasy. The last trilogy will be science-fiction set somewhere in the future. Of-course all of them have the allomancy magic system to get things interesting. The short novel 'Alloy of Law' that will be released in the fall this year is set between the first two trilogies so the tech level is around 18th/19th century with steam power. Brandon said it was about some wild west character like character getting involved in a murder investigation in a city. So Clint Eastwood meets Sherlock Holmes in London.
  • Ashley asked "Who is Hoid?". Brandon answered that we would have to wait and read it later. When asked in what book the answer would be, Brandon was vague. It would probably not even be revealed in Stormlight Archive book 10. In the end He gave Ashley a R.A.F.O. card and a WoT sticker.

So that was all I remember. Hopefully some of the other can add some more info for you all.
Old 06-01-2011, 12:56 PM
Hero of the Horn

Isabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Isabel

Great report Better than mine
'Rand al'Thor, Nynaeve shrieked, that is the most outrageous thing I ever heard out of your mouth. The very idea of telling three women you love them! You are worse than a lecher. You apologize right now!'

Isabel sedai of the Green Ajah, Amyrlin of the Official Nynaeve Fanclub, first sister to Gennie Sedai of the Green Ajah, bonded to Camel, Wolf Gaidin, Jachthond and ghostrider.
Old 06-01-2011, 02:20 PM
Youngling

jarno87 is just really nicejarno87 is just really nicejarno87 is just really nicejarno87 is just really nicejarno87 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabel View Post
Great report Better than mine
Thanks, or may be "Dank je" is more appropriate.(Note: this is the single phrase that Brandon can say in Dutch).

Tags
amsterdam, brandon sanderson