art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (1): uausnaughbroo,

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - WoT Discussion Boards > Archived: General Wheel of Time Discussion - 05/2008 - 03/2012
User Name
Password

Old 06-15-2011, 04:01 AM
Elder

looqas is just really nicelooqas is just really nicelooqas is just really nicelooqas is just really nicelooqas is just really nice
Default What question you'd like answered by BS / Team Jordan?

What question would you like to be answered by Brandon or Team Jordan? You know the one that you've been wondering since day one or for a long, long time. I mean those questions where you just want to know right now. Damn the consequences.

I've got a 'couple'.

- Who is Nakomi? I'm going to be severely disappointed if she remains a mystery

- Where is Demandred? Screw the plot. I need to know.

- Shaidar Haran. Full exposure.

- Padan Fain. Also full exposure.

- making of ter'angreal and other angreals. The mechanics explained.

- I also would like to have a detailed analysis about the drilling of the Bore and what happened at the Sealing.
Old 06-15-2011, 04:15 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by looqas View Post
- Shaidar Haran. Full exposure.

- Padan Fain. Also full exposure.
You're asking for the Playgirl Supplement to the Shayol Ghul Gazette? Well, to each his own, I guess.
Old 06-15-2011, 09:20 AM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Quote:
Who is Nakomi? I'm going to be severely disappointed if she remains a mystery
Brandon seemed to hint that Nakomi would be left open to interpretation.

Quote:
Where is Demandred? Screw the plot. I need to know.
In Murandy, duh.
Old 06-15-2011, 12:08 PM
Elder

The Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond repute

I'm going to be seriously pissed if he's in murandy. One I asked Jordan at a kod signing was who between Shaidar Haran and moridin rank higher. My answer was something along the lines of "they are not the same person"
Old 06-15-2011, 11:09 PM
Youngling

Southpaw2012 is a jewel in the roughSouthpaw2012 is a jewel in the roughSouthpaw2012 is a jewel in the rough

why did they respond with, "they are not the same person" if the question was asked around who was ranked higher? But yeah, as for Nakomi, I'm sure it won't be outright said but maybe implied in the encyclopedia. I want to know the ranking of strongest to weakest among the Forsaken. We know Moridin is #1 but there has been confusion over if Aginor was second most or Demandred or Lanfear or what.
Old 06-15-2011, 11:35 PM
Elder

The Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond repute

well it was just jordan, and i don't know why he said that. he answered while i was still asking though. i didnt bother asking again, he seemed irritated in general, and i figured i would just get rafoed anyway
Old 06-18-2011, 08:54 AM
Elder

Zombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Zombie Sammael

I'd like to know who the Forsaken posing as Sammael is, and why he has been doing so since Sammael died.
Old 06-18-2011, 09:38 AM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Sammael View Post
I'd like to know who the Forsaken posing as Sammael is...
You made an assumption there.
Old 06-18-2011, 11:45 AM
Elder

Zombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
You made an assumption there.
I have a feeling I'm wading into an old debate here, but doesn't it have to be a Forsaken because of the "mark"? I'll go and see what I can dredge up....
Old 06-18-2011, 12:18 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Sammael View Post
I have a feeling I'm wading into an old debate here.
Indeed. The only real alternative is Fain (who notably has a connection to Mashadar, which corrupted Sammael's soul, and who notably also has both the power of illusion and the ability to control Shadowspawn, not to mention a pet Fade, totally broken to his will, that he kept around for future use). That idea got a good bit stronger with TOM.
Old 06-18-2011, 12:46 PM
Elder

Well, okay, with that in mind, this may violate my rule against posting new theories until the reread is over, but what if it was an actual zombie Sammael? Fain can create zombie trollocs that have been mashadar-ed, why not a Forsaken? I know RJ said he was "dead" and "toast" but if Fain is using some sort of zombie that rule's not necessarily violated.
Old 06-18-2011, 01:02 PM
Hero of the Horn

It seems unlikely that there was anything left of Sammael's body; illusion is the more likely scenario.
Old 06-18-2011, 01:24 PM
Elder

Quote:
It seems unlikely that there was anything left of Sammael's body; illusion is the more likely scenario.
What would have destroyed his body? He was killed by Mashadar - I thought it killed, not destroyed utterly.
Old 06-18-2011, 01:37 PM
Elder

This seems to be a question where zombie sammael is uniquely qualified to answer. Fwiw, my money is on Taim or Demandred. And before we go into the whole Taim is markless, many things believed impossible by even the forsaken are later found to be not.
Old 06-18-2011, 02:31 PM
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unreasoner View Post
This seems to be a question where zombie sammael is uniquely qualified to answer. Fwiw, my money is on Taim or Demandred. And before we go into the whole Taim is markless, many things believed impossible by even the forsaken are later found to be not.
If I was a roleplay sock-puppet account like Weiramon then perhaps. But sadly, it's just a username - one I picked without even having contemplated the theory, actually.
Old 06-18-2011, 02:47 PM
Hero of the Horn

For any of the Forsaken (whether you include Taim or not), the chance of success is not worth the risk and the trouble. Taim likely hired Slayer, but he doesn't fit for the Shadowspawn attack, which seems to have been intended to be a blow against the Shadow (stealing resources) just as much as it was a blow against Rand.
Old 06-18-2011, 06:24 PM
Elder

FelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant futureFelixPax has a brilliant future
Default Demandred is the Dragon's new Toy; A-Valan-Che: "A Valan friend".

Quote:
- Who is Nakomi? I'm going to be severely disappointed if she remains a mystery
  • A friend of Tuatha'an.
  • A woman who has broken the bonds of Aiel societies, clans to join a far larger group: Da'Shain Aiel.

Quote:
But how many citizens now believed the Da’shain Aiel had once served the Dragon and no other Aes Sedai?

The Shadow Rising, Chapter 26 "The Dedicated" -- Jonai point of view AND Rand al'Thor point of view; in Rhuidean

Quote:
- Where is Demandred? Screw the plot. I need to know.
Following tripping over the Dragon's plow like furrows, as usual... loaths, "rocks hidden in the mulch".

Who's is Valan Luca's new bright and shiny toy 'snow plow'?

Demandred, but of course.
The Pattern Knows.

For more see, @TinkerPride at Twitter.com
Old 06-18-2011, 06:43 PM
Elder

nameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant futurenameless has a brilliant future

Quote:
For any of the Forsaken (whether you include Taim or not), the chance of success is not worth the risk and the trouble. Taim likely hired Slayer, but he doesn't fit for the Shadowspawn attack, which seems to have been intended to be a blow against the Shadow (stealing resources) just as much as it was a blow against Rand.
Aran'gar's a better suspect for who set Slayer on Rand's trail. She implied in POV that she had a plan to kill Rand and Slayer's the only one as yet unaccounted for.
Old 06-19-2011, 03:50 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by nameless View Post
Aran'gar's a better suspect for who set Slayer on Rand's trail. She implied in POV that she had a plan to kill Rand and Slayer's the only one as yet unaccounted for.
But Slayer knew his master was male. It could be that she was disguising her voice, but she could have had all sorts of plans for killing Rand, so why assume it?
Old 06-19-2011, 04:16 AM
Elder

I think both aran'gar and taim are valid theories. she could have had a proxy. or more likely, she disguised herself, easily done in tar, and she has been a man so pretty easy to know the specs of one. not to mention disguising herself as male might be extremely effective.
Fain-have doubts about him for slayer because i doubt he can really use tar. of course, if he has a zombie sammael, he becomes my number one suspect in both sets of orders
Demandred-i think he would want a more personal kill. sending isam to get him in his sleep doesn't seem to fit. certainly likely for the manor assault.

Tags
algarin, arangar, demandred, fain, mashadar, mordeth, sammael, shadar logoth