art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - Non Wot Discussion Boards > Archived: Non WoT Related Discussion 09/2010 - 03/2012
User Name
Password

Old 06-23-2011, 02:44 PM
Elder

The Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond repute
Default cluedo-who killed asmodean version

Working on a flash version now, but I feel like playing before its done.

Why not on the boards?
I will outline the method if enough people want to play.
At least four players, maybe as many as eight.
After the cards are dealt (tricky without a non playing ref, but not impossible) we establish a playing order, and then we go!
Simply post your guess in this thread after the game begins, like:
Slayer killed Asmodeon in the map room with a spear
And it will go around the playing order, post pass on your turn if you can't disprove it, if you can, post "disproved" and pm one card info that invalidates the theory. No need to post pass or anything if someone before you had a disproving card. We could even have teams for each player, so the game can move forward without everyone in attendance.

Any takers?
Old 06-23-2011, 04:34 PM
Elder

Zombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Zombie Sammael

Sounds like fun. And since I am partly to blame for the idea, count me in!
Old 06-23-2011, 09:28 PM
Elder

The Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond repute

Clearly this idea wasn't as cool as I thought, but I can likely still use the thread for ideas.

I've been wondering about a few tweaks to the original game and would like some input.

1. Instead of suspects-locations-weapons, maybe have motive instead of weapon. I mean weapons are easy but rather uninteresting. Having all four may be too tedious for gameplay.

2. Maybe darkfriend players can lie about what cards they don't have, but if caught must forfeit. Too different from the original?

I could also use some more ideas for locations, I have five, but I would like 7-10, and would rather not publish the game with LOCATION 09 as a place.

Appreciate the support and enthusiasm zombie sammael, but it looks like we might be alone. I hope more join. Perhaps it can be moved to the general forum.

Got to thank you for the idea though.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:51 AM
Elder

sandoz12 is a jewel in the roughsandoz12 is a jewel in the roughsandoz12 is a jewel in the rough

Yeah I would be keen to play whatever you decide on.
Old 06-24-2011, 07:23 AM
Hero of the Horn

Jokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Jokeslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unreasoner View Post
Clearly this idea wasn't as cool as I thought, but I can likely still use the thread for ideas.
Sometimes thigns move kinda slowly around here; you should give threads more than 7 hours before you write them off.
Old 06-24-2011, 09:50 AM
Ancient

Zanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokeslayer View Post
Sometimes thigns move kinda slowly around here; you should give threads more than 7 hours before you write them off.
You should only really give up on a thread if it falls off the front page... and some people will remember them until they get archived.

I would like to play I collect board games and a wot game online or no would be cool

there are flash versions of clue out there if you can find yourself one you could mod it. I dont have the skills but I would guess that camel does. where ever he is.
the only Z

fairy dust for sale 8.99 per vial

"YES!" - Cary Sedai

"Perhaps science,... [is] simply magic with delusions of lack of grandeur." -Peter David, Restoration

The Greatest Thread
Old 06-24-2011, 12:50 PM
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jokeslayer View Post
Too true.
I was out of line, still dealing with nicotine withdrawal, and frustrated with the flash game.

I've been frequenting these boards (and two others) to keep me from going out and buying smokes.

Looking at the pic quiz, maybe something like that.
Old 06-24-2011, 01:27 PM
Elder

Zombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond repute

Essentially all you need to do is switch all the characters, weapons and locations with WOT ones, e.g. Nynaeve in the Mountains of Mist with the True Power. I liked your suggestion of including motive as well. Maybe you could include four variables but only required to get three to secure a conviction or something like that? Sorry if I'm re-treading old ground.

"We can reach the top if we work together." - Random sword-bearing Seanchan woman in Eggy's dream.

Master of the lightnings, rider on the storm,
wearer of a crown of swords, spinner out of fate.
Who thinks he turns the Wheel of Time,
may learn the truth too late.

Light is held before the maw of the infinite void, and all that he is can be seized.

The one who Death has known
Old 06-24-2011, 04:34 PM
Elder

Lol. I wanted four variables, but the ai in the beta java version is kicking my ass already.

I can make it play statistically 'perfectly', or I can make it a moron. Having trouble coming up with a middle ground.
Old 06-24-2011, 04:46 PM
Elder

I'm not much of a programmer, but if there is anything that might help from beta testing to ideas for murder weapons etc let me know.

Light is held before the maw of the infinite void, and all that he is can be seized.

Old 06-25-2011, 02:48 AM
Elder

sandoz12 is a jewel in the roughsandoz12 is a jewel in the roughsandoz12 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unreasoner View Post
Lol. I wanted four variables, but the ai in the beta java version is kicking my ass already.

I can make it play statistically 'perfectly', or I can make it a moron. Having trouble coming up with a middle ground.
This is a horrible feeling eh. I remember when I made a battleship game last year that would beat me most of the time and I was so annoyed because I would think 'I gave you this algorithm - I know it - I should be able to beat it or if not at least draw with you by using the same algorithm myself' but the computer was just more disciplined than me.
Old 06-25-2011, 09:32 AM
Ancient

Zanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant futureZanguini has a brilliant future

impossible to draw at battleship
the only Z

fairy dust for sale 8.99 per vial

"YES!" - Cary Sedai

"Perhaps science,... [is] simply magic with delusions of lack of grandeur." -Peter David, Restoration

The Greatest Thread
Old 06-25-2011, 03:39 PM
Elder

I BEAT IT.
2 dumbass AIs, the perfect one, and me.
I guessed one that I had all three cards for, and the AI took the bait. It already knew I had two, and figured I couldn't be so stupid to guess such a thing and figured it knew the weapon. So it guessed balefire when it was WEAPON 08, and lost. And so after I figured out the weapon, I took his guess except for the weapon and won.
It was Aviendha with WEAPON 08 in the courtyard.

Aviendha must have learned his identity somehow and _________ him with ___________ while celebrating in the courtyard.
Old 06-25-2011, 04:09 PM
Elder

So are you basing it purely on the actual circumstances of Asmo's death atm? I was hoping it would be ridiculous things, like Min in the Two Rivers with the Choedan Kal, things like that, rather than just the royal palace of Caemlyn.

Old 06-25-2011, 04:36 PM
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zanguini View Post
impossible to draw at battleship
I know - by draw I was meaning win and lose a roughly equal number of games. So if we played 10 I would win somewhere between 4-6.
Old 06-26-2011, 06:08 PM
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Sammael View Post
So are you basing it purely on the actual circumstances of Asmo's death atm? I was hoping it would be ridiculous things, like Min in the Two Rivers with the Choedan Kal, things like that, rather than just the royal palace of Caemlyn.
you know i was, but i like that idea better
more artwork for it too
Old 07-19-2011, 04:16 AM
Elder

I'm a hell of a procrastinator, but the flash game IS going forward.

I got hung out to dry by my programmer buddy though.

So I'm trying to write out the whole thing in what I know (Maple), but converting to java is a pain in the ass.

Anyone have any tips? just rewrite the thing in java myself (slow process)? i think some maple utilities w/macro program could do it.

advice?
Old 07-19-2011, 02:18 PM
Hero of the Horn

DahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to DahLliA

no experience with maple. but java should be easy enough. how many lines of code is it?

"'Profound... huh.' Temper was silent for a long moment, studying the cobbles of the alley mouth. And then he lifted his helmed head, faced Shadowthrone, and said, 'Fuck off.'"
Old 07-19-2011, 04:28 PM
Elder

lines in maple?
there's about a dozen 'short' maple procedures each about 15 lines
then there is 2 sort of "master" procedures that are each closer to forty (one for ui, one for the three arrays i have set up)
Old 07-19-2011, 05:32 PM
Hero of the Horn

DahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to DahLliA

well. like I said I don't have any experience with maple, but if you want to I can see if I can help you translate it into java.

I probably wont have time to do anything until next week though. so you might be able to learn some java and do it yourself in that time

"'Profound... huh.' Temper was silent for a long moment, studying the cobbles of the alley mouth. And then he lifted his helmed head, faced Shadowthrone, and said, 'Fuck off.'"

Tags
asmodean, clue, fun, team, thead