art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (2): Khoram, ShadowbaneX,

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Guild Wars: Theoryland
User Name
Password

Old 07-27-2011, 11:27 PM
Elder

czymann is just really niceczymann is just really niceczymann is just really niceczymann is just really nice
Default What are the things you liked hearing about in GW2

Dynamic event system: Do not have to wait around for people to join up with you.

Dodging: Can not tell you how much this makes me happy. I play that way in GW1 but it really doesn't do much.

Loots rolls for everyone involved: Very unlike GW1. Now everyone gets the same chances to get neato stuff.

Crafting: Looking forward to a more involved crafting system without the needless crap that goes along with it like in other MMOs.

Auction House system: You do not have to be online or afk. You place the item in the auction and it automatically sends it to the buyer when purchased.

There is more I am certain ,but at the moment that is all I can think of.
Old 07-27-2011, 11:51 PM
Hero of the Horn

ShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond repute

Mesm....oh, wait.
Old 07-28-2011, 10:04 AM
Hero of the Horn

Sarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to behold

Dynamic events are definitely on top of my list too. Not only because it means you won't have to wait for a PUG, but also because you'll be able to pick the areas where you want to play, unlike GW1, where you didn't have much of anything to do in some places, once you'd completed the local quests.

I'm not too thrilled about the dodging part. That's mainly because I play a monk and am used to just heal-tanking anything that won't kill me in a few hits.
Which brings me to my main problem with GW 2: GIVE ME BACK MY MONK! :'(

You can keep your crafting. It's a waste of time and energy for both players and developers. It only detracts from the time you can spend on the game itself.

the Grey Viper, the Lord of Forsaken Roads, the Pink Sunset
Old 07-28-2011, 12:34 PM
Hero of the Horn

ShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond repute

The Guardian is the new monk and they'll likely have a Smiting Prayers line, so I wouldn't be worried. The only monk people that are truely disowned are the outright "red bars go up!" healers. Well, perhaps not completely disowned, but with the Healing being spread out everywhere, there's no one home for them now. The Guardians are also getting a Protection Prayers line, or at least they're getting Prot Spirit.
Old 07-28-2011, 03:08 PM
Hero of the Horn

Sarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowbaneX View Post
The only monk people that are truely disowned are the outright "red bars go up!" healers.
Yep, that'd be me. Anyone that played with me may have heard me ask "How is the battle going?" because I was too busy watching red bars.

Old 07-28-2011, 05:44 PM
Hero of the Horn

I can usually tell how the battle is going: if I have to pay attention, things are going very badly. =D
Old 07-29-2011, 08:23 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
I can usually tell how the battle is going: if I have to pay attention, things are going very badly. =D
That depends. If half the party is dead, but so is 9/10th of the enemy, the remaining members can clean up the other 1/10th and rez the dead members.
If half the party is dead and none of the enemy are, you might as well rezone.

In either case, you've probably been watching red bars for a while to make sure things don't get worse.

Old 07-29-2011, 11:58 AM
Hero of the Horn

Perhaps it's just the hero builds then. Generally I can be checking my e-mail or doing whatever while they're in fights just randomly spamming Heal Party with Healer's Boon up and people are fine. If it's a big fight I actually need to spot heal and possibly even mirco my Heroes for Prot Spirit.

Protection Prayer,s while not mostly used amongst our monks, is actually a very potent line of skills. To borrow an old saying "an ouce of Prot is worth a pound of Heal." I think my Monk heroes run (it's been a while) Life Sheath (E), Protective Spirit, Shield of Absorbtion, Gift of Health, Aegis, Glyph of Lesser Energy, Spirit Bond & Blessed Aura

Life Sheath prevents damage, gives a conditional heal and rips off two conditions. Awesome.

Prot Spirit limits the amount of damage can be taken to 10%, so every single hit is usually capped at 50. Combine that with either Shield of Absorption which decreased the amount of damage taken by a target by 5 for each successive hit or Spirit Bond which heals whenever they take damage. If you've got someone that's tanking Prot Spirit + Spirit Bond + Shield of Absorbtion will ensure that they take 0 damage for several seconds regardless of how much DPS is coming at them.

Gift of Health is a Healing Prayers skill, but it's strong, cheap and has a quick recharge and since it's the only Heal on your bar you don't have to worry about the draw back.

Aegis, party wide chance to dodge attacks? Sold.

Glyph of Lesser Energy, solid energy management.

Blessed Aura Divine Favour skill that increases all your Enchantments by 25% - 30%. Add in something with 20% enchant and your enchantments will last nearly 50% longer. Super awesome.

There are a few other good skills like Restore Conditions or Deny Hexes if you're in an area that's heavy with those. Reversal of Fortune is a non-elite Life Sheath so if you change it, it should get added to your bar.

This build doesn't pack a res, but so it's good to pair the Prot Hero with a Unyieling Aura Healing Hero or a Healer's Boon/Heal Party (Human) Monk with Restore Life. With Healer's Boon up, the casting time is cut in half, so it's a 2 second res with an 8 recharge that brings people back with half health and 90% of their energy, so super awesome.

Designing your Monk's Bars to work together makes things even easier. The next time you're playing give this a try on one of your monk heroes and see if it makes a difference. I'll post the Healing bars later.
Old 07-29-2011, 05:00 PM
Youngling

C S Queen will become famous soon enough

Release Date...
Old 07-29-2011, 07:04 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by C S Queen View Post
Release Date...
didn't you hear? "When it's done."

Old 07-29-2011, 08:00 PM
Elder

czymann is just really niceczymann is just really niceczymann is just really niceczymann is just really nice

Quote:
didn't you hear? "When it's done."

Recently been changed to ' To be announced ' at comic - con.

Should be closed beta by the end of the year and soon after that should be open beta.
Old 07-31-2011, 12:52 PM
Youngling

C S Queen will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by czymann View Post
Recently been changed to ' To be announced ' at comic - con.

Should be closed beta by the end of the year and soon after that should be open beta.
Old 07-31-2011, 01:58 PM
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by C S Queen View Post
Nope. Fully expect GW2 in 2012. My guess is April 28th.
Old 07-31-2011, 02:32 PM
Hero of the Horn

ugh, that'd be annoying, but I can see why you think that. Stupid symmetry. I'd like, say, oh, tomorrow, but perhaps 6 months before that would be nice, so Nov 28th.