art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Conventions
User Name
Password

Old 09-14-2011, 03:20 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez
Default Brandon's UK tour

In case you islands people missed it:

Blog Post

And in case you don't like Flash:

My new Mistborn book, THE ALLOY OF LAW, will be released on November 8th in North America and November 10th in the UK, Australia, and New Zealand. (See here for how to get a signed copy of the U.S. hardcover, and you can read the first six chapters for free here.) While my North American tour dates have been available on my calendar for some time, I haven't previously toured the UK.
Well, for the first time ever my signing tour will have a UK leg. After I finish up my New York stop I'm flying straight to London to start a rather daunting series of signings. Most days I'll be signing twice, once around lunchtime and once in the evening, hopping a train between signings.
The lunchtime signings will be quick stop-ins with no time for a reading or Q&A, but I'll try to give everyone as much individual attention as reasonable. If you want to get the most out of my visit, come to one of the evening signings, where I'll be doing my standard routine of reading and answering questions before starting to sign books. Because most of these evening events happen outside normal bookstore business hours, they are all ticketed events. Please call the bookstore hosting me for details on how to get a ticket. (Lunchtime signings don't require a ticket.)
Hope to see you there!
Forbidden Planet, London

Date: 11.19.11 Time: 1:00 pm-3:00 pm
Place: Forbidden Planet Megastore
Address: 179 Shaftesbury Avenue
London WC2H 8JR
Phone: 0207 420 3666
Notes: I'll try to do a reading and Q&A but I'm not sure if we can work that out at this location.
Waterstones, Guildford

Date: 11.21.11 Time: 12:30 pm-1:30 pm
Place: Waterstones Guildford
Address: 71-73 High Street
Guildford GU1 3DY
Phone: 0843 290 8357
Notes: **Signing only. No reading or Q&A.**
Waterstones, Milton Keynes

Date: 11.21.11 Time: 6:30 pm-8:30 pm
Place: Waterstones Milton Keynes
Address: Unit 72, Midsummer Place
Milton Keynes MK9 3GA
Phone: 0843 290 8495
Notes: **This is a ticketed event. Please call the store for details on how to get a ticket.**
Waterstones, Birmingham

Date: 11.22.11 Time: 12:30 pm-1:30 pm
Place: Waterstones Birmingham High Street
Address: 24-26 High Street
Birmingham B4 7SL
Phone: 0843 290 8149
Waterstones, Nottingham

Date: 11.22.11 Time: 7:00 pm-9:00 pm
Place: Waterstones Nottingham Bridlesmith Gate
Address: 1/5 Bridlesmith Gate
Nottingham NG1 2GR
Phone: 0843 290 8525
Notes: **This is a ticketed event. Please call the store for details on how to get a ticket.**
Waterstones, Liverpool

Date: 11.23.11 Time: 12:30 pm-1:30 pm
Place: Waterstones Liverpool One
Address: 12 College Lane
Liverpool L1 3DL
Phone: 0843 290 8457
Waterstones, Manchester

Date: 11.23.11 Time: 7:00 pm-9:00 pm
Place: Waterstones Manchester Deansgate
Address: 91 Deansgate
Manchester M3 2BW
Phone: 0843 290 8485
Waterstones, York

Date: 11.24.11 Time: 12:30 pm-1:30 pm
Place: Waterstones York
Address: 28-29 High Ousegate
York YO1 8RX
Phone: 0843 290 8715
Waterstones, Edinburgh

Date: 11.24.11 Time: 6:30 pm-8:30 pm
Place: Waterstones Edinburgh West End
Address: 128 Princes Street
Edinburgh EH2 4AD
Phone: 0843 290 8313
Waterstones, Newcastle

Date: 11.25.11 Time: 6:30 pm-8:30 pm
Place: Waterstones Newcastle Emerson Chambers
Address: Emerson Chambers, Blackett Street
Newcastle NE1 7JF
Phone: 0191 261 7757

Old 09-14-2011, 03:31 PM
Elder

Zombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Zombie Sammael

I am thinking of going to the Manchester signing, and/or the Birmingham one. Manc will probably be more fun as it's an evening Q&A session. Anyone else attending either of those?

Master of the lightnings, rider on the storm,
wearer of a crown of swords, spinner out of fate.
Who thinks he turns the Wheel of Time,
may learn the truth too late.

Light is held before the maw of the infinite void, and all that he is can be seized.

The one who Death has known
Old 09-14-2011, 03:47 PM
Hero of the Horn

Sarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to behold

No chance of him popping across the channel, is there?

the Grey Viper, the Lord of Forsaken Roads, the Pink Sunset
Old 09-14-2011, 03:57 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute

Looks like he's pretty tightly scheduled...and it also looks like he purposefully gave himself a day to explore London.

ZS - Make sure you ask some good questions!
Old 09-14-2011, 04:13 PM
Hero of the Horn

Sarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to behold

Note to self: keep an eye on Brandon's twitter feed around those dates, just in case he gets stuck at Schiphol again.

the Grey Viper, the Lord of Forsaken Roads, the Pink Sunset
Old 09-15-2011, 12:08 AM
Hero of the Horn

Isabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Isabel

@Sarevok: I think he sooner get stuck at Heathrow
But who knows, perhaps he comes to the Netherlands after London?
'Rand al'Thor, Nynaeve shrieked, that is the most outrageous thing I ever heard out of your mouth. The very idea of telling three women you love them! You are worse than a lecher. You apologize right now!'

Isabel sedai of the Green Ajah, Amyrlin of the Official Nynaeve Fanclub, first sister to Gennie Sedai of the Green Ajah, bonded to Camel, Wolf Gaidin, Jachthond and ghostrider.
Old 09-15-2011, 05:15 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

I've bought quite a few books in the Manchestore store, and a couple in the Liverpool one too, I think.
Don't think I'll be on that side of the pond then, though.
Old 09-15-2011, 08:19 AM
Elder

Figbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant future

Is it acceptable to go to one of his signings / readings, having read none of his books, and just ask questions about WoT?
Old 09-15-2011, 08:27 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figbiscuit View Post
Is it acceptable to go to one of his signings / readings, having read none of his books, and just ask questions about WoT?
If not, you'll just be thrown out, I guess. And then you can go to another one, repeat it, and try to determine whether or not there's a pattern to it.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:38 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figbiscuit View Post
Brandon doesn't mind, though of course he would probably like you to buy one of his books, and the bookstore might even require it. (Ask Peter about bookstore policies; he's on Facebook and he doesn't discriminate much from what I've seen, so friend him and ask him.) Many of us have bugged him nonstop about WoT while hardly asking him anything about his own books, and he doesn't appear to get insulted about it. For the moment, he gives us more attention than he gives his own fans (not that the two categories are mutually exclusive by any means) because he feels like he owes it to us. (He's said as much.)
Old 09-15-2011, 10:56 AM
Elder

maacaroni has a brilliant futuremaacaroni has a brilliant futuremaacaroni has a brilliant futuremaacaroni has a brilliant futuremaacaroni has a brilliant futuremaacaroni has a brilliant futuremaacaroni has a brilliant futuremaacaroni has a brilliant futuremaacaroni has a brilliant futuremaacaroni has a brilliant futuremaacaroni has a brilliant future

I am in Brum (Birmingham)about twice a week with various commitments. Not usually on a Tuesday, though.

I will try and get there - I loved the mistborn series and think this next book seems to be even better.

If you want me to ask a question, fire away (not too obscure though, eh?)

Last edited by maacaroni; 09-15-2011 at 10:59 AM.
Old 09-15-2011, 10:59 AM
Elder

maacaroni has a brilliant futuremaacaroni has a brilliant futuremaacaroni has a brilliant futuremaacaroni has a brilliant futuremaacaroni has a brilliant futuremaacaroni has a brilliant futuremaacaroni has a brilliant futuremaacaroni has a brilliant futuremaacaroni has a brilliant futuremaacaroni has a brilliant futuremaacaroni has a brilliant future

This will be my first signing since GRRM waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay back when.
Old 09-20-2011, 08:45 AM
Elder

Figbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
Brandon doesn't mind, though of course he would probably like you to buy one of his books, and the bookstore might even require it. (Ask Peter about bookstore policies; he's on Facebook and he doesn't discriminate much from what I've seen, so friend him and ask him.) Many of us have bugged him nonstop about WoT while hardly asking him anything about his own books, and he doesn't appear to get insulted about it. For the moment, he gives us more attention than he gives his own fans (not that the two categories are mutually exclusive by any means) because he feels like he owes it to us. (He's said as much.)
And bless him for it. I am deliberately staying away from his own fiction until WoT is finished tho, so it does not unduly influence me as to the whole who wrote what thing. I shall definitely be checking out his work in the future.

Guess I won't be going to a signing tho. Don't really want to get thrown out of Waterstones anywhere, since my local book shop closed down it's my only resource (I have an aversion to buying certain books over the Interweb...)
Old 09-21-2011, 04:40 AM
Hero of the Horn

Jokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Jokeslayer

Shame none of those are anywhere near me. (I can't remember what my location field says right now, but it's probably wrong)
Old 09-21-2011, 05:05 AM
Hero of the Horn

Of course, you island folk have an entirely different definition of 'near me' than we do in the US. England is about the size of my state. Anywhere in my state would be 'near me', even though I'm at one extreme end of it.

Edit: I just checked, and England is about twice the size of my state. But still...
Old 09-21-2011, 05:50 AM
Hero of the Horn

Some time in the past, someone in England invented "roadworks". Ever since, half the roads have been more or less permanently blocked off, waiting until someone (possibly the same someone from the previous sentence, but maybe not) would get around to applying this invention to that stretch of road.

Caveat: it may be that I'm a tad prejudiced. But based on what I have seen myself and what I have heard from others, roadworks in England are not a very energetic affair.
Old 09-21-2011, 12:33 PM
Elder

Two and a half f*ckin hours to drive from Worcester to Birmingham. Dont' get me started on Roadworks hahahaha

Ah it's not normally so bad. It's normally fine.

If I was Brandon, I would use the train the whole way...it's a lovely way to see the country and all of his signings are walking distance from each station.

You're right, Terez, about everything being close. The only place I haven't been on that list is Edinburgh (to my shame!) I don't know about this constant visiting to Guildford though...what a crap town! I stayed there once...talk about the dead zone!
Old 09-22-2011, 04:50 AM
Hero of the Horn

Jokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond reputeJokeslayer has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Jokeslayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
Of course, you island folk have an entirely different definition of 'near me' than we do in the US. England is about the size of my state. Anywhere in my state would be 'near me', even though I'm at one extreme end of it.

Edit: I just checked, and England is about twice the size of my state. But still...
Would that count as "near you" for anything, or just for this?

It might be a little different if I had a car, but 8 hours on a train to spend five minutes getting a book signed? No thanks.
Old 09-22-2011, 05:12 AM
Elder

Canterbury is not that far from Guildford, dude. It's about an hour and a half in the car and two and a half by train.
Old 09-22-2011, 06:37 AM
Hero of the Horn

He said his location is wrong. But I still can't imagine that the nearest location is 8 hours away.