art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (1): schwassfore,

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > WHEEL OF TIME FORUMS > General Wheel of Time Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 01-24-2012, 07:51 AM
Youngling

Tomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant future
Default Box set hardcovers

The other day I tweeted a question to BS concerning if they were going to release a box set of hardcovers after aMoL is finished.

The answer was:
I am pushing for one. I think a nice trade paperback set is more likely.

I was wondeering how many of you are interested in such a set. Of course such a product would be quite expensive. It would probably land somewhere between $400 and $700.
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. (Marx)
Old 01-24-2012, 07:55 AM
Youngling

confused at birth is a glorious beacon of lightconfused at birth is a glorious beacon of lightconfused at birth is a glorious beacon of lightconfused at birth is a glorious beacon of lightconfused at birth is a glorious beacon of lightconfused at birth is a glorious beacon of lightconfused at birth is a glorious beacon of light

I would be pissed I have spent the last year replacing my paperbacks that are falling apart with hardcovers.

I am already in about $400 with the two sets it wouldnt be worth it for a new set unless it was a bargain

sanity is a cop out

A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree. - Spike Milligan

Last edited by confused at birth; 01-24-2012 at 09:01 AM.
Old 01-24-2012, 08:59 AM
Youngling

Universum is on a distinguished road

Maybe at some point, but probably now. For now I am fine with my paperbacks.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:01 AM
Youngling

Dajoran has a brilliant futureDajoran has a brilliant futureDajoran has a brilliant futureDajoran has a brilliant futureDajoran has a brilliant futureDajoran has a brilliant futureDajoran has a brilliant futureDajoran has a brilliant futureDajoran has a brilliant futureDajoran has a brilliant futureDajoran has a brilliant future

I just hope that Orbit UK continue to publish those nice boxed LE Hardcovers... my EotW is looking lonely on its shelf.

"Saighdiúirí, a ullmhú marcra chun pas a fháil ar aghaidh! Ar aghaidh an Gharda Chroí! Ar aghaidh! Chun an tOnórach an Iolar Dearg! An Iolar Dearg!"

beidh mo chlaíomh onóir na marbh.
Old 01-24-2012, 09:13 AM
Elder

Zombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Zombie Sammael

I could definitely use new copies of what I call "the American trilogy", TDR, TSR and TFOH. They're the US edition paperbacks with the glossy map printed inside, and the covers are severely falling apart. Might as well get a new TGH while I'm at it.

Master of the lightnings, rider on the storm,
wearer of a crown of swords, spinner out of fate.
Who thinks he turns the Wheel of Time,
may learn the truth too late.

Light is held before the maw of the infinite void, and all that he is can be seized.

The one who Death has known
Old 01-24-2012, 09:41 AM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

I retaped the spines of those maybe 10-15 years ago with laminate tape and they've been good since then despite regular rereads.

That laminate tape rocks. Also, I cant believe I just calculated that out and its actually been a good 15 years since I taped them. I'm old.

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot
Old 01-24-2012, 09:43 AM
Elder

Lupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud of

I think it'd be cool to have one big family-bible style hardback leather-cover... and have it complete with a maple bookstand.
In saying that, once i get steady income again, I intend to have one set of each cover (wheel and serpent large, wheel-and-serpent small, DKS USA large, DKS USA small, DKS Aus/UK large, DKS Aus/UK small... eventually. Mostly for the lulz.)

"Yeah, but obviously the Great Serpent doesn't have an actual corpse which would be of any help in strangling Rand al'Thor; for a start, if there was an actual serpent encircling the world, it would be monumentally huge, and trying to strangle someone with it would lead more to a sort of crushing." - Zombie Sammael

Selective Necrophiliac
Old 03-11-2012, 01:18 PM
Youngling

Seth Baker is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Baker is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Baker is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Baker is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Baker is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Baker is a glorious beacon of light

I'd like a nice leatherbound set. I wouldn't buy it right at AMOL release, but I'd be willing to pay $700-1,000 for all 15 books in a nice, durable, attractive binding.
Old 03-11-2012, 03:10 PM
Elder

Lupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seth Baker View Post
I'd like a nice leatherbound set. I wouldn't buy it right at AMOL release, but I'd be willing to pay $700-1,000 for all 15 books in a nice, durable, attractive binding.
Ditto.
The money will appear somehow.

"Yeah, but obviously the Great Serpent doesn't have an actual corpse which would be of any help in strangling Rand al'Thor; for a start, if there was an actual serpent encircling the world, it would be monumentally huge, and trying to strangle someone with it would lead more to a sort of crushing." - Zombie Sammael

Selective Necrophiliac
Old 03-11-2012, 03:15 PM
Youngling

Seth Baker is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Baker is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Baker is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Baker is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Baker is a glorious beacon of lightSeth Baker is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupusdeusest View Post
Ditto.
The money will appear somehow.
It's going to appear the same way the money will appear for the Henderson guitar I just started trying to get on the waitlist for.
Old 03-11-2012, 08:16 PM
Hero of the Horn

ShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond repute

I originally read the title of this thread as "Bot Sex Hardcovers".

Last edited by ShadowbaneX; 03-11-2012 at 10:00 PM.