art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > WHEEL OF TIME FORUMS > Wheel of Time Resources
User Name
Password

Old 09-08-2011, 07:12 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez
Default Transcription help

There are a number of interviews that have not been transcribed that we're hoping to put in the database. Would any of you guys be willing to help transcribe?

Here's one that I don't think has been transcribed:

DragonCon 2005

PS - Many thanks to Darth Andrea for digging this one up. Actually, Marie might have already found it; she's keeping a list somewhere of untranscribed interviews.

Edited to add list of interviews and volunteers:

1. Adventures in SciFi Publishing Interview, 9 February 2008 (audio). - Marie (wip)

2. Bookexpo America Interview, 1 June 2009 (video). - sleepinghour (done)

3. Geekerati Radio - Brandon Sanderson Talks Fantasy, 7 September 2009 (audio). - Terez (done)

4. Louie b. Free Show, 3 November 2009 (audio). According to Brandon's blog, only Part One works, but that's the whole show. Brandon's segment (again, according to the blog) starts at about 3:03:14. - Marie (done)

5. Macmillan Interview, May 2009 (video). - Marie (done)

6. Science and Society Podcast, 30 November 2009 (audio). - Marie (done)

7. Mythmaker Films Interview, November 2009 (video). - Marie (done)

8. San Diego ComicCon Interview, 24 July 2010 (video).

9. Fantasy Authors Panel, New York ComicCon, 10 October 2010 (video).

10. Peter Orullian Interviews Brandon Sanderson, November 2010 (video).

11. Fantasy Faction Interview, 2 July 2011 (video). - sleepinghour (done)

12. BookBanter Interview, 8 November 2008 (audio). - Marie (done)

13. Interview with Harriet McDougal and Brandon Sanderson, 1 October 2009 (video). - Marie (done)

14. Interview with Team Jordan on The Gathering Storm, 16 October 2009 (video). - Marie (done)

15. Interview with Brandon Sanderson, 20 October 2009 (video). - Marie (done)

16. 4th Age Podcast Interview with Team Jordan, 2 December 2010 (audio). - Terez (done)

17. Reality Break Podcast - Interview with Robert Jordan, 1994 (audio). - Marie (done)

18. Eye on Books Interview, 2003 (audio). - Marie (done)

19. Fast Forward Interview - Book 10: Part 1, Part 2, March 2003 (video). - Nelal Hurcran (done)

20. SFF Audio - The Dragon Page Interview with Robert Jordan, 2005 (audio). - fdsaf (done)

21. Fast Forward Interview - Book 11: Part 1, Part 2, December 2005 (video). - Terez (done)

22. DragonCon 2005 - Terez (done)

23. PolarisCon Q&A 2011 - Terez (wip)

24. Suvudu Interview - ComicCon 2011 - sleepinghour (done)

25. Fine Print Interview 2003 - Rick Kleffel - Terez (done)

26. Dragon Page Cover to Cover, 24 May 2010 (audio). - Marie (done)

27. BookBanter Interview, 15 November 2010 (audio). - Marie (done)

28. Provo Herald Interview, 12 February 2010 (video). - Marie (done)

Last edited by Marie Curie 7; 01-27-2013 at 12:33 AM.
Old 09-08-2011, 09:33 PM
Elder

Leanne is a jewel in the roughLeanne is a jewel in the roughLeanne is a jewel in the rough

Q: How do you keep track of everything?

A: I am a genius...

Love it. I will work on it this weekend if no one else will. I've never done it before, so I will look to see how you have the others.
Old 09-08-2011, 10:40 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute

Awesome, thanks! Check out the Budapest transcript (also on this forum)...I even gave an example of how not to do it at the beginning. I will look it over when you're done and make sure it's right, though, so no worries.
Old 09-09-2011, 02:04 AM
Elder

sandoz12 is a jewel in the roughsandoz12 is a jewel in the roughsandoz12 is a jewel in the rough

Hi,

I will be able to do an hour or two's work this weekend.
Old 09-09-2011, 07:06 AM
Elder

Zombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Zombie Sammael

Normally, my full-time job is doing exactly this. So I guess I can help.

Master of the lightnings, rider on the storm,
wearer of a crown of swords, spinner out of fate.
Who thinks he turns the Wheel of Time,
may learn the truth too late.

Light is held before the maw of the infinite void, and all that he is can be seized.

The one who Death has known
Old 09-09-2011, 12:13 PM
Hero of the Horn

Marie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond repute

Here is a list of some of the other interviews that we need transcribed. These are all more recent interviews by Brandon. I also hopefully will have a list of some other RJ interviews that need transcription, but I have to check the links for those to see which ones still work.

1. Adventures in SciFi Publishing Interview, 9 February 2008 (audio).

2. Bookexpo America Interview, 1 June 2009 (video).

3. Geekerati Radio - Brandon Sanderson Talks Fantasy, 7 September 2009 (audio).

4. Louie b. Free Show, 3 November 2009 (audio). According to Brandon's blog, only Part One works, but that's the whole show. Brandon's segment (again, according to the blog) starts at about 3:03:14.

5. Macmillan Interview, 11 November 2009 (video).

6. Science and Society Podcast, 30 November 2009 (audio).

7. Mythmaker Films Interview, November 2009 (video).

8. San Diego ComicCon Interview, 24 July 2010 (video).

9. Fantasy Authors Panel, New York ComicCon, 10 October 2010 (video).

10. Peter Orullian Interviews Brandon Sanderson, November 2010 (video).

11. Fantasy Faction Interview, 2 July 2011 (video).

If anyone wants to help out with the transcription of any of these, please post in this thread to let us know which one you're working on so that there's no duplication of effort. Thanks.

---

ETA: Here are some more Brandon interviews that need to be transcribed:

12. BookBanter Interview, 8 November 2008 (audio).

13. Interview with Harriet McDougal and Brandon Sanderson, 1 October 2009 (video).

14. Interview with Team Jordan on The Gathering Storm, 16 October 2009 (video).

15. Interview with Brandon Sanderson, 20 October 2009 (video).

16. 4th Age Podcast Interview with Team Jordan, 2 December 2010 (audio).

And here are some old RJ interviews, in addition to the one that Terez posted in the OP, that need to be transcribed:

17. Reality Break Podcast - Interview with Robert Jordan, 1994 (posted in 2008; original interview from LOC Book Tour in 1994) (audio).

18. Eye on Books Interview, 2003 (audio).

19. Fast Forward Interview - Book 10: Part 1, Part 2, March 2003 (video).

20. SFF Audio - The Dragon Page Interview with Robert Jordan, 2005 (audio).

21. Fast Forward Interview - Book 11: Part 1, Part 2, December 2005 (video).

Last edited by Marie Curie 7; 09-10-2011 at 02:23 AM. Reason: Added more reports.
Old 09-09-2011, 12:35 PM
Elder

Zombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Zombie Sammael

I'm very busy doing this to actually be paid at the moment so I'll let others have first refusal, but once my schedule clears a bit I will have a crack at one or two.

Master of the lightnings, rider on the storm,
wearer of a crown of swords, spinner out of fate.
Who thinks he turns the Wheel of Time,
may learn the truth too late.

Light is held before the maw of the infinite void, and all that he is can be seized.

The one who Death has known
Old 09-09-2011, 09:41 PM
Hero of the Horn

Awesome. Definitely let us know here whenever you begin working on a report so there's no duplicate effort, and also, whenever you finish a report, post it in this forum as a new thread so that we can use that as the source link for the report (that way it will link directly to a post by you instead of a post by me - it's another way of not stealing your credit). You can send it to me for approval first, or I can just edit your post, either way.
Old 09-09-2011, 09:56 PM
Youngling

The Seeker will become famous soon enough

I'll take 9 and 10 and work on them this weekend.
Old 09-09-2011, 10:17 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Seeker View Post
I'll take 9 and 10 and work on them this weekend.
Awesome, thanks. Let us know when you get them done.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:37 PM
Youngling

Mjolner is an unknown quantity at this point

I claim 8 and 5
Old 09-10-2011, 12:12 AM
Hero of the Horn

Thanks Patrick!
Old 09-10-2011, 07:10 AM
Hero of the Horn

I have started #16, so I might as well finish it. I'm prioritizing data entry right now, but I will get to it. Marie, I'll copy what you add(ed) to my OP with a list of who is doing what.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:20 AM
Elder

sleepinghour has a reputation beyond reputesleepinghour has a reputation beyond reputesleepinghour has a reputation beyond reputesleepinghour has a reputation beyond reputesleepinghour has a reputation beyond reputesleepinghour has a reputation beyond reputesleepinghour has a reputation beyond reputesleepinghour has a reputation beyond reputesleepinghour has a reputation beyond reputesleepinghour has a reputation beyond reputesleepinghour has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Curie 7 View Post
2. Bookexpo America Interview, 1 June 2009 (video).
I'm giving this one a try right now, but there's a lot of background noise in the video, so it's hard to make out what he says sometimes. Will probably need someone to proofread the transcript when it's done and check for any missing lines.
Old 09-10-2011, 03:03 PM
Hero of the Horn

Don't worry, I'll handle that. Thanks!
Old 09-10-2011, 06:26 PM
Hero of the Horn

Marie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond repute

I ended up just going ahead and transcribing 13, 14, and 15 because they are all short and related. The transcripts will be linked in a separate thread.
Old 09-11-2011, 03:38 AM
Hero of the Horn

I'm getting close to being halfway done with mine. Transcribing always seems like it's more work than it should be, and I have a good memory and type fast. But then, I'm also working on putting Twitter into the database which is also time-consuming.
Old 09-11-2011, 08:34 PM
Hero of the Horn

I just completed #17, the Reality Break podcast, originally from 1994. It was a pretty long one, 32 minutes. Nothing earth-shattering, but awesome to hear RJ from 1994 talking about the series.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:00 PM
Youngling

Nelal Hurcran is a jewel in the roughNelal Hurcran is a jewel in the roughNelal Hurcran is a jewel in the roughNelal Hurcran is a jewel in the rough

I can work of the two Fast-Forward interviews. They're already split into nice and manageable chunks.
Old 09-11-2011, 09:11 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelal Hurcran View Post
I can work of the two Fast-Forward interviews. They're already split into nice and manageable chunks.
Thanks!