art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - Non Wot Discussion Boards > Archived: Non WoT Related Discussion 09/2010 - 03/2012
User Name
Password

Old 02-13-2012, 09:36 PM
Inbred, Ugly, and Drunk on Corn Liquor

Sei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond repute
Default Favorite movie scenes

Working on the theory that even really shitty movies have a couple of minutes of really good stuff in them, I'm going to post some of my favorite scenes from different movies. I'm hoping y'all will post some of yours.

I'm not a fan of Stallone, but I love this movie. This is one of my favorite scenes.

Victory (Pele bicycle kick for a goal)

I always thought this movie blew serious ass, but it's got the best shootout scene ever.

Heat

Desperado Not a great movie, this is a great scene though

LotR, Ride of the Rohirrim. Great movie, Great scene

Reservoir Dogs Sometimes, you gotta shoot your way out.

www.buckeyestation.com look at it, love it, share it with your friends!
Old 02-13-2012, 10:00 PM
Ancient

Kimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond repute

Since on the basis of your last two entries you are also including good movies, here's two great scenes from arguably the greatest movie ever made.

Killer Bunny:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XcxKIJTb3Hg

Burn The Witch:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yp_l5ntikaU
Old 02-13-2012, 10:54 PM
Hero of the Horn

Sinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond reputeSinistrum has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Sinistrum

One of the most impactful and awesome endings in all of cinema history IMHO.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TibA0sQQZw8

This illustrates why you never bring a sword to a gun fight.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=anEuw8F8cpE

This illustrates why its always better to kill your enemies as opposed to just stranding them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wRnSnfiUI54

This illustrates why when you're given instructions on how to do something, you should probably write them down.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VtcOCHePB4

And finally, on the importance of rhyming.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DP5-qJSzDUg

People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome. - River Tam
Old 02-14-2012, 03:23 AM
Elder

Rand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of light

Sei took mine with the Ride of the Rohirrim. Easily my favorite scene. Granted, I always liked scenes like that.

Well, here's a another of my favorites though, from the same movie, Argorn's speech "It is not this day!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdMN_1b2nEA
Old 02-14-2012, 03:41 AM
Hero of the Horn

yks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond repute

agreed with "don't bring a knife to a gunfight"

There's a really awesome scene in Enchanted - demonstrates the real-life application of Disney cartoon-logic.

Bonded to JWB

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
Old 02-14-2012, 04:34 AM
Elder

Lupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand al'Fain View Post
Well, here's a another of my favorites though, from the same movie, Argorn's speech "It is not this day!"
Is it just me or does his voice go weird at that line?

Here's one of mine: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2oMnG...eature=related (It ends in the middle of him saying "and for what else in mine".)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0DJC-ECU8IE This one I like because it contrasts so well with how they are treated by whitefellas later in the film.

I don't actually watch that many movies...

Here's another favourite scene - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev_v3xgxMTg - from another film. The darker-haired lady reminds me of Verin...

"Yeah, but obviously the Great Serpent doesn't have an actual corpse which would be of any help in strangling Rand al'Thor; for a start, if there was an actual serpent encircling the world, it would be monumentally huge, and trying to strangle someone with it would lead more to a sort of crushing." - Zombie Sammael

Selective Necrophiliac
Old 02-14-2012, 04:48 AM
Youngling

Tomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant future

This promotion in rank is probably not the one you wanted. You know how fragile your position is and the price of failure. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYZoxY3sawE

I think that I'll pass on this kind of love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5OlolbLXvw
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. (Marx)

Last edited by Tomp; 02-14-2012 at 04:52 AM.
Old 02-14-2012, 06:04 AM
Hero of the Horn

DahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to DahLliA

Most likely NSFW:

Auto-shotgunscene from The Expendables

"'Profound... huh.' Temper was silent for a long moment, studying the cobbles of the alley mouth. And then he lifted his helmed head, faced Shadowthrone, and said, 'Fuck off.'"
Old 02-14-2012, 08:54 AM

Sei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond repute

Kung Fu Hustle...Terrible movie, but one of my favorites. There are som amny good scenes I had to choose from. I picked this one.

Bullitt. The greatest car chase ever made. Again, terrible movie, but I think this makes it much better.

And I roll laughing every time I see this. The left right combo is hilarious.

Old 02-14-2012, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupusdeusest View Post

Here's another favourite scene - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ev_v3xgxMTg - from another film. The darker-haired lady reminds me of Verin...
Arsenic and old lace. Probably one of my favorite movies ever. And she does remind me of Verin...that's awesome!

Old 02-14-2012, 12:08 PM
Elder

Basel Gill has a brilliant futureBasel Gill has a brilliant futureBasel Gill has a brilliant futureBasel Gill has a brilliant futureBasel Gill has a brilliant futureBasel Gill has a brilliant futureBasel Gill has a brilliant futureBasel Gill has a brilliant futureBasel Gill has a brilliant futureBasel Gill has a brilliant futureBasel Gill has a brilliant future

Glad someone likes Victory other than me. Loved the Pele' bicycle kick scene.

Can't access Youtube here at work, but some personal faves would be Indiana Jones shooting the Middle Eastern scimitar dude.

The French taunting in Quest for the Holy Grail.

The entirety of Full Metal Jacket.

The Indian sales clerk in 40 Year Old Virgin.
Old 02-14-2012, 12:18 PM
Hero of the Horn

Ishara has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Ishara

In honour of today, this is one of my most favourite movie scenes ever. And beautifully scored (well, the first 2.5 minutes)...

Romeo & Juliet Meet

Rand: You are an insensitive bastard!!!
Mat: And you ruined another hat!

It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by lightening. -- Calvin

"Gee, I wish I could do magic! Maybe I'll try!" --SDog

Official Vixen of Theoryland and Theoryland Siren

Grain Goddess, the Rood Inverse, the Mad Glomper

Last edited by Ishara; 02-14-2012 at 12:26 PM.
Old 02-14-2012, 01:25 PM
Hero of the Horn

Crispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond repute

One of my favorites, that really grew on me, was "Flushed Away." There are a ton of good scenes in this one.

My personal go-to favorite is the High Five. But that's really short, so...

I couldn't find the scene from the actual movie, but here's the song from the scene in question. Apparently Hugh Jackman made it up while filming the scene and they just ran with it.

On the theme of bad movies with good scenes, here's the climax to one of the funniest in "Jingle All the Way."
Old 02-14-2012, 04:38 PM
Elder

Lupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sei'taer View Post
Arsenic and old lace. Probably one of my favorite movies ever. And she does remind me of Verin...that's awesome!
One of the non-chain cinemas in town had a Bogart special a couple of Sundays ago - Arsenic followed by The Big Sleep. My first time with both, and I now own them.

"Yeah, but obviously the Great Serpent doesn't have an actual corpse which would be of any help in strangling Rand al'Thor; for a start, if there was an actual serpent encircling the world, it would be monumentally huge, and trying to strangle someone with it would lead more to a sort of crushing." - Zombie Sammael

Selective Necrophiliac
Old 02-14-2012, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupusdeusest View Post
One of the non-chain cinemas in town had a Bogart special a couple of Sundays ago - Arsenic followed by The Big Sleep. My first time with both, and I now own them.
Cary Grant...not Bogart.

Old 02-14-2012, 07:39 PM
Youngling

Fin will become famous soon enough
Send a message via Yahoo to Fin

I love in Good Morning Vietnam where the man says " Your *** is grass and im the lawnmower." and from army of darkness.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeLUi_20Nrg
starts at 10 seconds
Old 02-14-2012, 10:26 PM
Elder

Basel Gill has a brilliant futureBasel Gill has a brilliant futureBasel Gill has a brilliant futureBasel Gill has a brilliant futureBasel Gill has a brilliant futureBasel Gill has a brilliant futureBasel Gill has a brilliant futureBasel Gill has a brilliant futureBasel Gill has a brilliant futureBasel Gill has a brilliant futureBasel Gill has a brilliant future

Since the former VP is such a VIP, maybe we should keep the PC on the QT else it could leak to the VC, he could become an MIA and we'd all end up on KP.
Old 02-14-2012, 11:32 PM
Elder

Yellowbeard is a splendid one to beholdYellowbeard is a splendid one to beholdYellowbeard is a splendid one to beholdYellowbeard is a splendid one to beholdYellowbeard is a splendid one to beholdYellowbeard is a splendid one to beholdYellowbeard is a splendid one to beholdYellowbeard is a splendid one to beholdYellowbeard is a splendid one to behold

It's a dumb movie overall (but I still like it), but here's why you don't piss off a Grammaton Cleric.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4S9fn...eature=related

I figure this part led into Bale getting the nod as Batman.

And when facing a Japanese Swordmaster, always bring your stapler! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N1Oz7Ga61s4

Last edited by Yellowbeard; 02-14-2012 at 11:36 PM.
Old 02-15-2012, 05:15 AM
Hero of the Horn

Mort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Mort

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yellowbeard View Post
It's a dumb movie overall (but I still like it), but here's why you don't piss off a Grammaton Cleric.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4S9fn...eature=related

I figure this part led into Bale getting the nod as Batman.
I love Equilbrium. It's a no-nonsense action flick No jumping behind the couch and shooting at each other for 10 minutes. Just blam blam, swisch swisch. Done.

Another great film by Bale is American Psycho. This scene where he professes the greatness of Huey and the News to his victim is fabulous. The business card scene is also just fantastic. You got to read the book to really appreciate it all.

"I discovered at an early age that if I talk long enough, I can make anything right or wrong. So either I am God, or truth is relative." - Jeff Winger, Community
----------

We rode on the winds of the rising storm, we ran to the sounds of thunder.
We danced among the lighting bolts, and tore the world asunder.

Old 02-15-2012, 07:14 AM
Hero of the Horn

yks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mort View Post
I love Equilbrium.
It is a horrible dumbed-down-to-idiot-level flashed-up-to-ADHD-level unoriginal adaptation of "1984". With some action added, because any story is "better with lots of blood and gore".

Bonded to JWB

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill