art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - Non Wot Discussion Boards > Archived: Non WoT Related Discussion 09/2010 - 03/2012
User Name
Password

Old 02-15-2012, 09:14 PM
Ancient

pops taer is a name known to allpops taer is a name known to allpops taer is a name known to allpops taer is a name known to allpops taer is a name known to allpops taer is a name known to allpops taer is a name known to allpops taer is a name known to allpops taer is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to pops taer
Default How bout a new joke thread?

Two elderly women were eating breakfast in a restaurant one morning. Ethel noticed something funny about Mabel's ear and she said, “Mabel, do you know you've got a suppository in your left ear?”

Mabel answered, “I have a suppository in my ear?” She pulled it out and stared at it. Then she said, “Ethel, I'm glad you saw this thing. Now I think I know where to find my hearing aid.”

-------------------------------------------

When the husband finally died, his wife put the usual death notice in the paper, but added that he died of gonorrhea. No sooner were the papers delivered when a friend of the family phoned and complained bitterly, “You know very well that he died of diarrhea, not gonorrhea.”

Replied the widow, “I nursed him night and day so of course I know he died of diarrhea, but I thought it would be better for posterity to remember him as a great lover rather than the big shit he always was.”

--------------------------------------

An elderly couple were on a cruise and it was really stormy. They were standing on the back of the boat watching the storm, when a wave came up and washed the old man overboard. They searched for days and couldn't find him, so the captain sent the old woman back to shore with the promise that he would notify her as soon as they found something. Three weeks went by and finally the old woman got a fax from the boat. It read: “Ma'am, sorry to inform you, we found your husband dead at the bottom of the ocean. We hauled him up to the deck and attached to his butt was an oyster and in it was a pearl worth $50,000. Please advise.”

The old woman faxed back: “Send me the pearl and re-bait the trap.”

-----------------------

A funeral service was being held for a woman who had just passed away. At the end of the service, the pallbearers were carrying the casket out when they accidentally bumped into a wall, jarring the casket.. They heard a faint moan.

They opened the casket and found that the woman was actually alive! She lived for ten more years, and then died. Once again, a ceremony was held, and at the end of it, the pallbearers were again carrying out the casket. As they carried the casket towards the door, the husband cried out, “Watch that wall!”

-------------------------------

When I went to lunch today, I noticed an old lady sitting on a park bench sobbing her eyes out. I stopped and asked her what was wrong. She said, “I have a 22 year old husband at home.. He makes love to me every morning and then gets up and makes me pancakes, sausage, fresh fruit and freshly ground coffee.”

I said, “Well, then why are you crying?”

She said, “He makes me homemade soup for lunch and my favorite brownies and then makes love to me for half the afternoon...”

I said, “Well, why are you crying?”

She said, “For dinner he makes me a gourmet meal with wine and my favorite dessert and then makes love to me until 2:00 a.m.”

I said, “Well, why in the world would you be crying?”

She said, “I can't remember where I live!”

-------------------------

Two elderly ladies had been friends for many decades. Over the years they had shared all kinds of activities and adventures. Lately, their activities had been limited to meeting a few times a week to play cards.

One day they were playing cards when one looked at the other and said, “Now don't get mad at me.. I know we've been friends for a long time... But I just can't think of your name! I've thought and thought, but I can't remember it. Please tell me what your name is.”

Her friend glared at her. For at least three minutes she just stared and glared at her. Finally she said, “How soon do you need to know?”

---------------------------

THE SENILITY PRAYER
Grant me the senility to forget the people I never liked anyway, the good fortune to run into the ones I do, and the eyesight to tell the difference.

----------------

Officially adoptive Theoryland father of Birgitte, Cary Fairy, Sarafelle, leanne, Salem, Paige from New Mexico and J'Lo.

Lord but not Master to - Lady tanaww, Lady Tru, Lady Anaiya, Lady Aly, Lady Ishara, Lady Teri, Lady Jen and Lady Gina.

You can never do something again. You are only able to do something similar.
Old 02-15-2012, 10:59 PM
Elder

The Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond repute

Is there something wrong with your old joke thread?
Old 02-16-2012, 03:55 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unreasoner View Post
Is there something wrong with your old joke thread?
It was getting old.
Old 02-16-2012, 06:58 AM
Ancient

DaiShan1981 has a brilliant futureDaiShan1981 has a brilliant futureDaiShan1981 has a brilliant futureDaiShan1981 has a brilliant futureDaiShan1981 has a brilliant futureDaiShan1981 has a brilliant futureDaiShan1981 has a brilliant futureDaiShan1981 has a brilliant futureDaiShan1981 has a brilliant futureDaiShan1981 has a brilliant futureDaiShan1981 has a brilliant future

Gotta stay in character and do some musician's jokes, even though some are quite lame...

Q How do you check if the stage is level?
A The drummer will be drooling from both corners of his mouth at the same time.

Q How do you get a twinkle in a soprano's eye?
A Shine a flashlight into one of her ears.

Q What's the difference between a singer and a terrorist?
A You can negoatiate with a terrorist.

Q How does a lead singer change a light bulb?
A By holding it up into the air and waiting for the world to revolve around her.

A bass player went to a gig and was late, he parked the car, slammed the door closed and ran to the entrance of the venue, then realized he had locked the car with his keys still inside. Took him three hours to get the drummer out of the car.

A pianist explains to the band "Ok today we're going to do the intro of this song in 7/8, starting in C#, then about half-way in we switch to 3/4 and modulate up to D#, then do a rubato near the end and finish in minor before we go to the hook in a quick 4/4 swing".
The lead singer says "I'm sorry, I don't think I can quite follow that."
Replies the pianist "Just do it exactly the way you did it yesterday."
Old 02-16-2012, 07:57 AM
Hero of the Horn

yks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond repute

How many string bass players does it take to change a light bulb?
None; the piano player can do that with his left hand

What do you get when you drop a piano down a mine shaft?
A flat minor.

What do you get when you drop a piano on an army base?
A flat major.

What is a gentleman?
Somebody who knows how to play the trombone, but doesn't.

What did the drummer get on his IQ test?
Drool.

Why do bands have bass players?
To translate for the drummer.

What's the difference between a drummer and a drum machine?
With a drum machine you only have to punch the information in once.

What's the first thing a soprano does in the morning?
Puts on her clothes and goes home.

What's the difference between a soprano and a Porsche?
Most musicians have never been in a Porsche.

How do you get a guitar player to play softer?
Give him some sheet music.

Minimum safe distances between street musicians and the public:
Violinist: 25 feet
Bad Violinist: 50 feet
Tone Deaf Guitar Player who knows 3 chords: 75 feet
15 year-old Electric Guitar Player with Nirvana fixation: 100 feet
Accordionist: 60 miles

What do you call a musician without a significant other?
Homeless.

What would a musician do if he won a million dollars?
Continue to play gigs until the money ran out.

St. Peter's still checking ID's. He asks a man, "What did you do on Earth?"
The man says, "I was a doctor."
St. Peter says, "Ok, go right through those pearly gates. Next! What did you do on Earth?"
"I was a school teacher."
"Go right through those pearly gates. Next! And what did you do on Earth?"
"I was a musician."
"Go around the side, up the freight elevator, through the kitchen..."

Bonded to JWB

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
Old 02-16-2012, 09:32 AM
Youngling

Tomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant future

I'd rather have a bottle in front of me,

than a frontal lobotomi.
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. (Marx)
Old 02-16-2012, 11:58 AM
Youngling

Tomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant future

A woman tells her doctor, 'I've got a bad back.'
The doctor says, 'It's old age.'
The woman says, 'I want a second opinion.'
The doctor says: 'Okay - you're ugly as well.'

A blind man walks into a shop with his guide dog.
He picks the Dog up and starts swinging it around his head.
Alarmed, a shop assistant calls out: 'Can I help, sir?'
'No thanks,' says the blind man. 'Just looking
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. (Marx)
Old 02-16-2012, 12:58 PM
Ancient

DaiShan1981 has a brilliant futureDaiShan1981 has a brilliant futureDaiShan1981 has a brilliant futureDaiShan1981 has a brilliant futureDaiShan1981 has a brilliant futureDaiShan1981 has a brilliant futureDaiShan1981 has a brilliant futureDaiShan1981 has a brilliant futureDaiShan1981 has a brilliant futureDaiShan1981 has a brilliant futureDaiShan1981 has a brilliant future

A man comes into the doctor's office, says the doctor "Eewwww you pervert! Clean that up and get out!"
Old 02-16-2012, 01:58 PM
Elder

The Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoTheGreat View Post
It was getting old.
Tried to rep this, for the record.

@DaiShan
Do you know a great deal about music? Would you mind taking a look at a little problem of mine?
Old 02-16-2012, 02:57 PM
Ancient

Don't know if I can help, but PM me. There are some others here too who are pretty knowledgable in areas of music that I know very little about.
Old 02-16-2012, 03:30 PM
Hero of the Horn

Weird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant future
Default The old thread was getting a bit long.

I don't know WHY I didn't figure this our sooner!
I use shampoo in the shower!
When I wash my hair, the shampoo runs down my whole body, and printed very clearly on the shampoo label is this warning,

"FOR EXTRA VOLUME AND BODY."

No wonder I have been gaining weight!
Well! I have gotten rid of that shampoo and I am going to start showering with Dawn dish soap instead.
It's label reads,

"DISSOLVES FAT THAT IS OTHERWISE DIFFICULT TO REMOVE."

Problem solved!
If I don't answer the phone, I'll be in the shower!!!

(Now if I could just figure out which questions they go to. )

I met you in a past life. You were wrong then, too.
Old 02-16-2012, 03:31 PM
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weird Harold View Post
I don't know WHY I didn't figure this our sooner!
I use shampoo in the shower!
When I wash my hair, the shampoo runs down my whole body, and printed very clearly on the shampoo label is this warning,

"FOR EXTRA VOLUME AND BODY."

No wonder I have been gaining weight!
Well! I have gotten rid of that shampoo and I am going to start showering with Dawn dish soap instead.
It's label reads,

"DISSOLVES FAT THAT IS OTHERWISE DIFFICULT TO REMOVE."

Problem solved!
If I don't answer the phone, I'll be in the shower!!!
Didn't you post that same joke in the old thread?

And @DaiShan
Thanks. will do
Old 02-16-2012, 03:54 PM
Hero of the Horn

Weird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unreasoner View Post
Didn't you post that same joke in the old thread?

And @DaiShan
Thanks. will do
Possibly. The place I steal jokes from is a joke thread that is over four years old and runs to 7,600+ posts. remembering what jokes have been posted before isn't worth bothering about.

Obligatory Joke:

While my parents were making their funeral arrangements, the cemetery salesman pointed out a plot that he thought they would like. “You’ll have a beautiful view of the swan pond,” he assured them.

Dad wasn’t sold: “Unless you’re including a periscope with my casket, I don’t know how I’m going to enjoy it.”

Old 02-17-2012, 04:19 PM
Youngling

I've got two jokes presented here
Old 02-18-2012, 09:56 PM
Hero of the Horn

I overheard two EMT volunteers talking about the time they went to the aid of an elderly man. As one took down his information, the other opened his shirt to attach EKG cables.

"Any history of heart trouble?" asked the first volunteer.

"None," said the patient.

Looking at the telltale scars of bypass surgery, the second volunteer wasn’t so sure. "In that case," he said, "do you remember when the lion attacked you?"

Old 02-20-2012, 07:40 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

The value of science.
Old 02-20-2012, 08:24 AM
Elder

Zombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Zombie Sammael

Quote:
Wow. That's not funny at all.

Master of the lightnings, rider on the storm,
wearer of a crown of swords, spinner out of fate.
Who thinks he turns the Wheel of Time,
may learn the truth too late.

Light is held before the maw of the infinite void, and all that he is can be seized.

The one who Death has known
Old 02-20-2012, 08:49 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Sammael View Post
Wow. That's not funny at all.
Do you disapprove of psychology?
Old 02-20-2012, 08:55 AM
Elder

Zombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Zombie Sammael

Quote:
Do you disapprove of psychology?
I disapprove of anything that trivialises (a) depression, which is a serious medical condition (as I can vouch, being a sufferer) or (b) murder (admittedly I have never suffered from this, but I understand it is widely held to be unpleasant).

Master of the lightnings, rider on the storm,
wearer of a crown of swords, spinner out of fate.
Who thinks he turns the Wheel of Time,
may learn the truth too late.

Light is held before the maw of the infinite void, and all that he is can be seized.

The one who Death has known
Old 02-20-2012, 09:30 AM
Ancient

Default Some more musical fun

It's kind of a weird mix of truth and sarcasm, but here goes;

GOLDEN RULES FOR ENSEMBLE PLAYING

1. Everyone should play the same piece.

2. Stop at every repeat sign and discuss in detail whether to take the repeat or not. The audience will love this.

3. If you play a wrong note, give a nasty look to one of your partners.

4. Keep your fingering chart handy. You can always catch up with the others.

5. Carefully tune your instrument before playing. That way you can play out of tune all night with a clear conscience.

6. Take your time turning pages.

7. The right note at the wrong time is a wrong note (and vice-versa).

8. If everyone gets lost except you, follow those who get lost (some people actually never learn this).

9. Strive to get the maximum NPS (notes per second). That way you gain the admiration of the incompetent.

10. Markings for slurs, dynamics and ornaments should not be observed. They are only there to embellish the score.

11. If a passage is difficult, slow down. If it's easy, speed it up. Everything will work itself out in the end..

12. If you are completely lost, stop everyone and say "I think we should tune".

13. Happy are those who have not perfect pitch, for the kingdom of music is theirs.

14. If the ensemble has to stop because of you, explain in detail why you got lost. Everyone will be very interested.

15. A true interpretation is realized when there remains not one note of the original.

16. When everyone else has finished playing, you should not play any notes you have left.

17. A wrong note played timidly is a wrong note. A wrong note played with authority is an interpretation.

Last edited by DaiShan1981; 02-20-2012 at 09:43 AM.