art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (1): Anonymous,

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > WHEEL OF TIME FORUMS > General Wheel of Time Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 02-21-2012, 04:03 PM
Banned

TruthSeeker will become famous soon enough
Default The Truth About The Dragon Reborn

I have read all of the theories on this site, but not a one even comes close to the ultimate truth! For many years I have read these books and pondered on the hidden depths and meanings present in the various imageries. The Truth hit me pretty early on but since that fateful moment I cannot shake it as everything in the books points to it.

I understand how the average person does not catch the hidden Truth prevalent in the books, but I expected better from a site dedicated to "hardcore" theories from the wheel of time.

After all of this rambling I suppose I should get to the actual Truth. I took so long because something this momentous needs the appropriate buildup and expectation.

THE TRUTH:
Quote:
Rand Al'Thor died halfway through the first book. He was never the Dragon Reborn. Instead, Perrin is the DR. He can channel and has been quite insane since the first book.
WHAT?!?!?! You might say; this makes no sense???

BUT WAIT

Think about it. Perrin can channel and maybe he did even before the first book. The maddess that takes men who can channel took him very quickly, in fact, the main illusion he has is that he can "talk" telepathically (of all things!) to wolves.

Halfway through the first book Perrin killed Rand by mistake with a bolt of lightning and unable to face himself or what he did, his mind has created a false reality in which RAND in the Dragon Reborn and still alive while Perrin is "just a blacksmith."

This makes sense the more of the books you read. Perrin's crazed attempt to save Faile's life in Book 2 was an illusion created by his mind to ignore the fact that he was doing exactly what Rand was doing at the Stone of the Tear. Think about it, in the same book, they are headed to Tear but are "following" Rand who is on foot while they are mounted. How does it make sense that they can never catch him unless its all in Perrin's mind. Moiriane decided to take Perrin, the DR, to Tear to claim the Stone but Perrin, unable to face this, has further the illusion of Rand, making himself think they are chasing him.

Throughout the entire series Perrin is at odds with himself because he can't come to grips that he is the DR. He is constantly denying everything, instead repeating his constant mantra,
"I am just a blacksmith." This is his mind's attempt to hide the Truth from himself and further the illusion of Rand.

I don't have time, but Perrin has fulfilled most of the KC prophecies, in a fashion, the illusion of Rand fulfilling them in an obvious manner is obviously a poor joke from Perrin's mind. If prophecies were fulfilled as straightforward as "Rand" does it would too easy and obvious.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:20 PM
Youngling

Heinz will become famous soon enoughHeinz will become famous soon enough

/sarcasm?
Old 02-21-2012, 04:25 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Old 02-21-2012, 04:29 PM
Youngling

Heinz will become famous soon enoughHeinz will become famous soon enough

Nice Jordan quote in your sig btw, T.
Old 02-21-2012, 04:37 PM
Hero of the Horn

Crispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by TruthSeeker View Post
Moiriane decided to take Perrin, the DR, to Tear to claim the Stone but Perrin, unable to face this, has further the illusion of Rand, making himself think they are chasing him.
So, just for the sake of fun, did Perrin imagine going to Rhuidean or did he imagine going home to the Two Rivers? The whole plot point of Rand looking like an Andoran Aiel and thus ingratiating himself into both societies to further the Dragon's influence...how did Perrin handle that?
Old 02-21-2012, 05:42 PM
Youngling

Cortar is a glorious beacon of lightCortar is a glorious beacon of lightCortar is a glorious beacon of lightCortar is a glorious beacon of lightCortar is a glorious beacon of lightCortar is a glorious beacon of lightCortar is a glorious beacon of light

luz

Last edited by Cortar; 02-21-2012 at 05:57 PM.
Old 02-21-2012, 06:01 PM
Elder

Cor Shan has much to be proud ofCor Shan has much to be proud ofCor Shan has much to be proud ofCor Shan has much to be proud ofCor Shan has much to be proud ofCor Shan has much to be proud ofCor Shan has much to be proud ofCor Shan has much to be proud ofCor Shan has much to be proud ofCor Shan has much to be proud ofCor Shan has much to be proud of

Needs moar Valan Luca
Old 02-21-2012, 07:24 PM
Ancient

Verin Mathwin is a splendid one to beholdVerin Mathwin is a splendid one to beholdVerin Mathwin is a splendid one to beholdVerin Mathwin is a splendid one to beholdVerin Mathwin is a splendid one to beholdVerin Mathwin is a splendid one to beholdVerin Mathwin is a splendid one to beholdVerin Mathwin is a splendid one to beholdVerin Mathwin is a splendid one to behold

Felix actually sounds kind of reasonable now.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:25 PM
Youngling

Tomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant future

No he doesn't.

But Felix arguments have longer motivational text.
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. (Marx)
Old 02-21-2012, 07:30 PM
Ancient

Verin Mathwin is a splendid one to beholdVerin Mathwin is a splendid one to beholdVerin Mathwin is a splendid one to beholdVerin Mathwin is a splendid one to beholdVerin Mathwin is a splendid one to beholdVerin Mathwin is a splendid one to beholdVerin Mathwin is a splendid one to beholdVerin Mathwin is a splendid one to beholdVerin Mathwin is a splendid one to behold

I meant I'd be more inclined to believe that Valan Luca is the Dragon Reborn before I believed Perrin was.
Old 02-21-2012, 07:33 PM
Youngling

Tomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant future

Granted.

But do you think the cows are spies?
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. (Marx)
Old 02-21-2012, 08:49 PM
Inbred, Ugly, and Drunk on Corn Liquor

Sei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond repute

I'm trying to remember if Perrin wears a cape...or breeches.

www.buckeyestation.com look at it, love it, share it with your friends!
Old 02-21-2012, 08:58 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sad this person thinks TDR was book 2.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:43 PM
Elder

AbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant futureAbbeyRoad has a brilliant future

Felix has much more textual support for his theories.

"He can compress the most words into the smallest idea of any man I ever met."
— Abraham Lincoln

Draw a crazy picture, write a nutty poem. Sing a mumble-gumble song, whistle through your comb. Do a loony-goony dance 'cross the kitchen floor. Put something silly in the world that ain't been there before.
Old 02-21-2012, 09:46 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbbeyRoad View Post
Felix has much more textual support for his theories.
I have a suspicion that this post was not made by an actual WoT fan.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:44 AM
Elder

Weiramon has a reputation beyond reputeWeiramon has a reputation beyond reputeWeiramon has a reputation beyond reputeWeiramon has a reputation beyond reputeWeiramon has a reputation beyond reputeWeiramon has a reputation beyond reputeWeiramon has a reputation beyond reputeWeiramon has a reputation beyond reputeWeiramon has a reputation beyond reputeWeiramon has a reputation beyond reputeWeiramon has a reputation beyond repute

Burn me, it's offensive that people would pretend to be someone other than themselves, merely to post obvious falsehoods in an attempt to get a reaction out of others.
Old 02-22-2012, 02:23 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weiramon View Post
Burn me, it's offensive that people would pretend to be someone other than themselves, merely to post obvious falsehoods in an attempt to get a reaction out of others.
I'm tempted to peg you as Etzel, but I never knew him to have a sense of humor.
Old 02-22-2012, 07:48 AM
Inbred, Ugly, and Drunk on Corn Liquor

Sei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
I'm tempted to peg you as Etzel, but I never knew him to have a sense of humor.
Weiramon=Bela. I thought everyone knew.

www.buckeyestation.com look at it, love it, share it with your friends!
Old 02-22-2012, 07:56 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sei'taer View Post
Weiramon=Bela. I thought everyone knew.
That was my first guess, but since he tried to deny it (sort of), I figured I'd move on.
Old 02-22-2012, 08:48 AM
Youngling

Dajoran has a brilliant futureDajoran has a brilliant futureDajoran has a brilliant futureDajoran has a brilliant futureDajoran has a brilliant futureDajoran has a brilliant futureDajoran has a brilliant futureDajoran has a brilliant futureDajoran has a brilliant futureDajoran has a brilliant futureDajoran has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sei'taer View Post
I'm trying to remember if Perrin wears a cape...or tight breeches.
Fixed that for you.

The tightness is important you see, helps him channel better using the ancient method of "The Breeches and the Void". You feed you emotions into the breeches until they get braid-tuggingly tight.

Also helps if you have well turned calves.

"Saighdiúirí, a ullmhú marcra chun pas a fháil ar aghaidh! Ar aghaidh an Gharda Chroí! Ar aghaidh! Chun an tOnórach an Iolar Dearg! An Iolar Dearg!"

beidh mo chlaíomh onóir na marbh.