art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Guild Wars: Theoryland
User Name
Password

Old 02-21-2012, 09:50 PM
Elder

czymann is just really niceczymann is just really niceczymann is just really niceczymann is just really nice
Default Public Beta Announcement Today!

GuildWars2.com - Guild Wars 2 Beta Sign up!: https://beta.guildwars2.com/

You may have to resend your email to them to get a confirmation email sent to you.

Good luck to everyone!

Last edited by czymann; 02-29-2012 at 06:22 PM.
Old 02-21-2012, 11:02 PM
Hero of the Horn

WinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to WinespringBrother

that would be awesome!

"Oh, y'all [Theorylanders] are awesome with awesome sauce, but you ask a lot of tricky questions. I had to watch myself with you guys." - Maria

"I need to RAFO more things, I'm not being very Robert Jordan..." - Brandon
Old 02-21-2012, 11:31 PM
Hero of the Horn

ShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond repute

The cynical side of me says "don't get your hopes up" especially since that if this happens I'm not going to have the time to participate since it'll likely be starting after this week, which means I'll have class and won't be able to play.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:51 AM
Elder

czymann is just really niceczymann is just really niceczymann is just really niceczymann is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowbaneX View Post
The cynical side of me says "don't get your hopes up" especially since that if this happens I'm not going to have the time to participate since it'll likely be starting after this week, which means I'll have class and won't be able to play.
Here is my thinking on what might happen if it is indeed the Public Beta announcement.
They would announce how to get in the Public Beta Event and then perhaps the weekend after next the Public Beta Event begins.

Fact: These beta events will only happen during the weekends. As time goes by Anet will allow more and more people in on the Public Beta Event.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:03 PM
Hero of the Horn

Sarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to behold

In the past (like with Star Trek Online) I've always said I didn't want in the Beta, because I didn't want an unfinished game to spoil it for me. But from what I've seen from GW2G, I doubt that'll happen.

the Grey Viper, the Lord of Forsaken Roads, the Pink Sunset
Old 02-22-2012, 12:11 PM
Hero of the Horn

WinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant future
Default beta signup page is up!!!

Guild Wars 2 @GuildWars2
Reply RetweetedRetweet Delete FavoritedFavorite · Close Open Details
The #GuildWars2 beta sign-up page is live! It will be open for 48 hours, so sign-up for a chance to get in! http://cot.ag/A7jwF7 ~RB

"Oh, y'all [Theorylanders] are awesome with awesome sauce, but you ask a lot of tricky questions. I had to watch myself with you guys." - Maria

Old 02-22-2012, 12:13 PM
Hero of the Horn

I'm getting this message:

Server Error500 - Internal server error.
There is a problem with the resource you are looking for, and it cannot be displayed.

They are working on fixing that.

Guild Wars 2 @GuildWars2
Hey all: we're aware of the issues that some people are having getting to the page. We're on it! ~RB

Old 02-22-2012, 12:18 PM
Hero of the Horn

You have to run a diagnostic tool on your pc:

About the Guild Wars 2
Beta Events
These special closed beta events are open to invited players only. Everything you see in the game is still confidential, so we’ll require you to sign an NDA (non-disclosure agreement) in order to play.

Frequently Asked Questions
Step One: Submit your PC hardware specs
Click here to download the DxDiag diagnostic tool. (328KB, .exe, Windows only) Click here to download the DxDiag diagnostic tool. (328KB, .exe, Windows only)

Old 02-22-2012, 12:22 PM
Hero of the Horn

Guild Wars 2 @GuildWars2
@nuvque Not necessarily. Testers are chosen based upon development needs. A wide range of systems is needed for testing. ~RB

In reply to Niamh Raftery Hide conversation 3m Guild Wars 2 @GuildWars2
You have 48 hrs to sign up. Signing up immediately doesn't increase your chances. Testers are chosen based on development needs. :-) ~RB

Old 02-22-2012, 12:34 PM
Hero of the Horn

ShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond repute

Well, I'm signing up regardless. If I do get in, I really hope I don't have exams/assignments that weekend.
Old 02-22-2012, 12:56 PM
Hero of the Horn

SBX, can you post all the steps needed to sign up? I can't signup right now since I am at work, but am curious about the process.

Old 02-22-2012, 01:01 PM
Mistress of Novices

Zaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Zaela Sedai Send a message via MSN to Zaela Sedai Send a message via Yahoo to Zaela Sedai Send a message via Skype™ to Zaela Sedai

signed up

The One, the Original, the ONLY Z
Beware of impostors

In Brandon We Trust
This TL Siren is bonded to Pops, XX, DaiShan and DeiwosTheSkyGod. Allied with Seeker and Guarded by Hopper
General of the Western Border, Valkyrie of the Autumn Storm, Destined Fury
Old 02-22-2012, 01:06 PM
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinespringBrother View Post
SBX, can you post all the steps needed to sign up? I can't signup right now since I am at work, but am curious about the process.
First you DL a diagnostic tool then run it. The tool will then say send. Anet gets the info then a new page opens up. Email Address, Age (in years), Country, Language. Guild name, Guild size, Guild website.

And a few other things which are optional. Fairly simple and straight forward.

It took at least 10 minutes for me to get the confirmation email. Now I just gotta wait to see if I get in. My computer specs might be too low so I may not.

Last edited by czymann; 02-22-2012 at 01:09 PM.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:11 PM
Hero of the Horn

Sarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
A network error has occurred...
Can't send system information.

Sorry =(
This is what I get when trying to send the info.

Tried shutting down the firewall, but that didn't help.

Old 02-22-2012, 01:14 PM
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarevok View Post

Have you tried turning the firewall off and then rebooting the computer? Shut off any anti virus or anti malware?
Old 02-22-2012, 01:16 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by czymann View Post
First you DL a diagnostic tool then run it. The tool will then say send. Anet gets the info then a new page opens up. Email Address, Age (in years), Country, Language. Guild name, Guild size, Guild website.

And a few other things which are optional. Fairly simple and straight forward.

It took at least 10 minutes for me to get the confirmation email. Now I just gotta wait to see if I get in. My computer specs might be too low so I may not.
Pretty much what Stormy said. Oh, and Stormy, they did say that they wanted a large range of systems. You might get in because they want lower end systems to test out.

Quote:

Have you tried taking a look at the forums or googling that error to see what comes up? Others likely have been getting it and there might be a fix out there.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:16 PM
Hero of the Horn

Not yet. My first guess would be that their servers can't handle it. So I'm gonna keep trying today. If it doesn't work, I can break out the other options tomorrow, since we have 48 hours.

Edit: tried Firefox: same result.

Last edited by Sarevok; 02-22-2012 at 03:14 PM.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:24 PM
Elder

There are others having that same problem Sare. It could be that the beta sign up server is overloaded.
Old 02-22-2012, 01:29 PM
Hero of the Horn

Signed up!

Old 02-22-2012, 01:40 PM
Elder

Quote:
Signed up!
Awesome