art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Guild Wars: Theoryland
User Name
Password

Old 03-13-2012, 09:23 AM
Elder

czymann is just really niceczymann is just really niceczymann is just really niceczymann is just really nice
Default Pre-Purchase Guild Wars 2!

Oh sooo close I can almost taste it!

https://buy.guildwars2.com/

Current PC specs are listed at the bottom at the page.

Last edited by czymann; 03-13-2012 at 09:31 AM.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:24 AM
Hero of the Horn

WinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to WinespringBrother

Quote:
Originally Posted by czymann View Post
Oh sooo close I can almost taste it!

https://buy.guildwars2.com/
beat me to it!

$150 for collector's is a bit much

"Oh, y'all [Theorylanders] are awesome with awesome sauce, but you ask a lot of tricky questions. I had to watch myself with you guys." - Maria

"I need to RAFO more things, I'm not being very Robert Jordan..." - Brandon

Last edited by WinespringBrother; 03-13-2012 at 09:27 AM.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:39 AM
Elder

czymann is just really niceczymann is just really niceczymann is just really niceczymann is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinespringBrother View Post
beat me to it!

Yea a bit pricey. I think I will be going for the Digital Deluxe.
Old 03-13-2012, 09:49 AM
Hero of the Horn

WinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant future

Quote:
Yea a bit pricey. I think I will be going for the Digital Deluxe.
Yeah that sounds about right. Just to add, pre-order starts April 10th and you can reserve names by being in other betas, (ETA: or being in the 3 day pre-launch) apparently. Looks like one word names will be allowed, any idea on min/max characters for names?

"Oh, y'all [Theorylanders] are awesome with awesome sauce, but you ask a lot of tricky questions. I had to watch myself with you guys." - Maria

Last edited by WinespringBrother; 03-13-2012 at 10:44 AM.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:22 PM
Hero of the Horn

ShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Yeah that sounds about right. Just to add, pre-order starts April 10th and you can reserve names by being in other betas, (ETA: or being in the 3 day pre-launch) apparently. Looks like one word names will be allowed, any idea on min/max characters for names?
No idea on the character names, but I'll probably be using my old GW1 character names most likely. IIRC they said that those names were reserved for a time.

Also, yeah, Digital Deluxe edition sounds like the best option. The Collector's Edition is a bunch of stuff that'd sit in a box collecting dust.
Old 03-13-2012, 01:39 PM
Hero of the Horn

Sarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
beat me to it!

Huh? I don't see any prices. Is it regionaly displaying different sites?
I think I'll be going with just the regular Digital version. The perks don't seem worth any extra cost.

And WSB, where did you get that about the names?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guild Wars 2 FAQ
Can I reserve my Guild Wars 2 character name during a Guild Wars 2 Beta Event?
No. All characters will be wiped from servers before launch.
(link)
I've seen Devs make comments along the same lines on the forums.

You may be confused with this:
Quote:
Can I use my original Guild Wars character name in a Guild Wars 2 Beta Event?
You can, but for the purposes of the Guild Wars 2 Beta Events, your original Guild Wars character names are not reserved. However, when Guild Wars 2 is released, your original Guild Wars character names will be reserved for you.

the Grey Viper, the Lord of Forsaken Roads, the Pink Sunset
Old 03-13-2012, 02:01 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarevok View Post
Huh? I don't see any prices. Is it regionaly displaying different sites?
I think I'll be going with just the regular Digital version. The perks don't seem worth any extra cost.

And WSB, where did you get that about the names?

(link)
I've seen Devs make comments along the same lines on the forums.

You may be confused with this:
This is what I was referring to:

Quote:
Will I be able to reserve character and guild names during the Headstart Access?
Yes, players who have Headstart Access will be able to claim character and guild names during that period that will carry over when Guild Wars 2 goes live. Players who pre-purchase and receive 3-day Headstart Access will have an advantage over players who pre-order and receive 1-day Headstart Access.
This is referring to names that are not in use in Guild Wars, since from my understanding, they will be reserved for their current owners. But it looks like one word names will be allowed, which are obviously not in use in Guild Wars so they will all be first-come, first-served in GW2.

ETA:

Quote:
Can I use my original Guild Wars character name in a Guild Wars 2 Beta Event?
You can, but for the purposes of the Guild Wars 2 Beta Events, your original Guild Wars character names are not reserved. However, when Guild Wars 2 is released, your original Guild Wars character names will be reserved for you.

Last edited by WinespringBrother; 03-13-2012 at 02:04 PM.
Old 03-13-2012, 02:16 PM
Hero of the Horn

Sarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to behold

Got it. And the prices?

the Grey Viper, the Lord of Forsaken Roads, the Pink Sunset
Old 03-13-2012, 02:31 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarevok View Post
Got it. And the prices?
https://buy.guildwars2.com/collectors-edition

I can't find the page that showed the other prices, but they were $79.99 for delux and $59.99 for digital.

Old 03-13-2012, 06:20 PM
Elder

Quote:
https://buy.guildwars2.com/collectors-edition

I can't find the page that showed the other prices, but they were $79.99 for delux and $59.99 for digital.
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...s-edition.aspx

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/ncsoft...131900526.html

Forbes - NCsoft Aims To Break The Static Online Game Mold With ArenaNet's Guild Wars 2 - 3/13/2012: http://www.forbes.com/sites/johngaud...-guild-wars-2/

Last edited by czymann; 03-13-2012 at 10:57 PM.
Old 03-14-2012, 12:42 AM
Hero of the Horn

Isabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Isabel

10 april isn't that good of a release date for me.
I will be leaving for Jcon a couple of days after it, so I have to check when I buy it
'Rand al'Thor, Nynaeve shrieked, that is the most outrageous thing I ever heard out of your mouth. The very idea of telling three women you love them! You are worse than a lecher. You apologize right now!'

Isabel sedai of the Green Ajah, Amyrlin of the Official Nynaeve Fanclub, first sister to Gennie Sedai of the Green Ajah, bonded to Camel, Wolf Gaidin, Jachthond and ghostrider.
Old 03-14-2012, 07:06 AM
Hero of the Horn

ShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabel View Post
10 april isn't that good of a release date for me.
I will be leaving for Jcon a couple of days after it, so I have to check when I buy it
Isa, that's the day when more info about those other packages is being released, not when the game is being released. You're still fine.
Old 03-14-2012, 08:11 AM
Hero of the Horn

Isabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Isabel

Good to hear
'Rand al'Thor, Nynaeve shrieked, that is the most outrageous thing I ever heard out of your mouth. The very idea of telling three women you love them! You are worse than a lecher. You apologize right now!'

Isabel sedai of the Green Ajah, Amyrlin of the Official Nynaeve Fanclub, first sister to Gennie Sedai of the Green Ajah, bonded to Camel, Wolf Gaidin, Jachthond and ghostrider.
Old 03-14-2012, 10:58 AM
Hero of the Horn

The standard GW2 is available for preorder on Amazon

Old 03-14-2012, 04:16 PM
Elder

Quote:
Yea other online stores are starting to have GW2 advertized for preorder and with a price. However I have yet to see any that are offering the pre-purchase copies. Only the pre-purchase copies of GW2 will net you in-game items and access to all beta events and the 3 day early access. I prolly won't get it right away. I am gonna see how much the stores are gonna have the pre-purchase first.

Last edited by czymann; 03-14-2012 at 04:18 PM.
Old 03-19-2012, 08:53 PM
Elder

The Digital Deluxe version really is not worth it. Only reason I am getting it is for the mini Rytlock, Mistfire Wolf Elite Skill and Tome of Influence. The other stuff I couldn't care less.

They should have given us credit in the cash shop so we could buy what we wanted.
Old 03-19-2012, 09:24 PM
Hero of the Horn

That sounds about what I was thinking of doing. When do they go on sale?
Old 03-19-2012, 10:41 PM
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowbaneX View Post
That sounds about what I was thinking of doing. When do they go on sale?
April 10th. I assume that some retailers will have them available as well.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:32 PM
Elder

Orc is a glorious beacon of lightOrc is a glorious beacon of lightOrc is a glorious beacon of lightOrc is a glorious beacon of lightOrc is a glorious beacon of lightOrc is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
The Digital Deluxe version really is not worth it. Only reason I am getting it is for the mini Rytlock, Mistfire Wolf Elite Skill and Tome of Influence. The other stuff I couldn't care less.

They should have given us credit in the cash shop so we could buy what we wanted.
Yeah. A bunch of minor stuff for $20? Meh. I might pay an extra $10 for all that.
Old 03-19-2012, 11:52 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Orc View Post
Yeah. A bunch of minor stuff for $20? Meh. I might pay an extra $10 for all that.
Yeah! You're right! At least with ME3 we got extra DLC that should have been included in the game to begin with for our extra money! I'm going to go to EA and demand that they remove the Engineer class and only give it to people that buy the Digital Deluxe or Collector's Editions.

I'm going to bed now.