art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > WHEEL OF TIME FORUMS > General Wheel of Time Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 03-27-2012, 10:15 AM
Youngling

Boli is just really niceBoli is just really niceBoli is just really niceBoli is just really nice
Default Correct Theories

Long time lurker here first time poster I used to be active on WOTmania like 10 years ago or something tho :P I'm currently on my well overdue re-read of the books at home and browsing the theories on this site.

One thing which has come to my attention is not all the silly downright hillarious theories its the ones dead on target or agonisingly close to the solution.

Quote:
Seventy-Year Shake Up

This may not be so much a theory as a question, but has anyone else noticed that a lot of things happened seventy years ago? Verin made her last big mistake and commited to a plan. Adeles and Vandene retired from the White Tower. All the new sitters for the SAS are younger than 70 years old. Garenia Rosoinde of the kin ran away from the Tower (then known as Zarya Alkaese) and was never caught, which is suposed to be highly unusual. It seems kind of coincidental to me that all this happened at the same time. Just a thought.

Soooo close!

Quote:
Mesanna and Danelle
...long text...
BAMN dead on!

I'm sure there are plenty more in the archives but it would be nice to try and dig them all out and put them in their own section : Theories (proved correct) or something, remember some of these theories are close to 14 years old!

-=-=-=-=-

NB: its a shame no-one picked it up (that I know of) but it is possible to guess Rand would weild Hawkwings sword in book 1 and pretty much confirm it by book2. That is why I was browsing the archives to see if anyone *did* work it out.

Book 1

* The word justice is mentioned only a few times throughout the book. All in paragraphs which contain the phrase "high king's peace and justice", "his justice within his hand" (where the sword was found) or whilst morgase is discussing it in reference to tam's sword and her believing him.

* quote after prologue uses the line "dragon's great sword of justice" and is cited from the FOURTH age.

book 2

* hawkwing's defintly sword is called justice in the text.

So it *was* possible to guess the dragon would weild it in the future.

NB: whilst I'm one book down I did find it amusing the word "soothsayer" (in reference to Min) was never mentioned again.

Now onwards to Book2 and other madcap theories!
Old 03-27-2012, 10:19 AM
Lord of the Board

Tamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Tamyrlin
Default Excellent Idea

I've thought about doing this...and have just failed in implementing it. It would be great to be able to mark theories that way so we can query and list them out.

Let me see what I can do...of course, putting a manual list together as you have started works too...but there are 1500. But either way, they have to be read and found.

Are you signing up to do it? Welcome btw!
Old 03-27-2012, 10:22 AM
Youngling

Boli is just really niceBoli is just really niceBoli is just really niceBoli is just really nice

me signing up?.. not officially but I like others will prob be scouring the archives right now. to link possible contenders in this thread.

Thankfully 50% of the archive theories is deamndred/taim so that's only 750
Old 03-27-2012, 10:32 AM
Lord of the Board

Tamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boli View Post
me signing up?.. not officially but I like others will prob be scouring the archives right now. to link possible contenders in this thread.

Thankfully 50% of the archive theories is deamndred/taim so that's only 750
True enough. Plus, lots of those are old school theories...like short speculations that I posted because well...I had lower standards back in the day about what I'd post. Heh.

Wotmania, damn, still bummed that Mike left.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:02 AM
Hero of the Horn

Ishara has disabled reputation
Send a message via MSN to Ishara

Hey, I'd say at LEAST 100 of those are Asmodean-related theories too, so that narrows it down as well!

Welcome, Boli!

Rand: You are an insensitive bastard!!!
Mat: And you ruined another hat!

It's hard to be religious when certain people are never incinerated by lightening. -- Calvin

"Gee, I wish I could do magic! Maybe I'll try!" --SDog

Official Vixen of Theoryland and Theoryland Siren

Grain Goddess, the Rood Inverse, the Mad Glomper
Old 03-27-2012, 11:06 AM
Youngling

aye was shame when the site died :/

nb: after a prelimiary browse it looks like 99% of the theories are either for stuff prooved incorrect or the obvious ones like the identity of Jain farstridder as Noal.

I remember reading mad theories of rand channeling true power of weirmon being a DF and of saiden being cleansed by using Anihol's second darkness (ala wounds in rand's side)

*sigh* they were all laughed down and never saved :/
Old 03-27-2012, 11:25 AM
Lord of the Board

Default The Miscellaneous Categories

Might be the location where we'll find some ideas that were proved correct. I'm noticing there a bunch of unknowns that could turn out to be right...but that appear loony now.

Heh, I remember deleting a Verin is Black Ajah faction in about 1999 because no one joined that faction.
Old 03-27-2012, 11:28 AM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Quote:
aye was shame when the site died :/

nb: after a prelimiary browse it looks like 99% of the theories are either for stuff prooved incorrect or the obvious ones like the identity of Jain farstridder as Noal.
Danelle/Mesaana was considered obvious too, and the 70-year plan was a topic of much discussion. The bit you posted is probably fairly representative of that discussion.

Quote:
I remember reading mad theories of rand channeling true power of weirmon being a DF and of saiden being cleansed by using Anihol's second darkness (ala wounds in rand's side)

I don't believe Weiramon was ever laughed down in my time here. Perhaps way back in the day it was. Rand channeling the True Power wasn't exactly foreshadowed, so it was less of a theory and more of a prediction. There was a fairly recent post when TGS came out about Rand channeling it, but the reasoning was all wrong.
Old 03-27-2012, 12:16 PM
Elder

Weiramon has a reputation beyond reputeWeiramon has a reputation beyond reputeWeiramon has a reputation beyond reputeWeiramon has a reputation beyond reputeWeiramon has a reputation beyond reputeWeiramon has a reputation beyond reputeWeiramon has a reputation beyond reputeWeiramon has a reputation beyond reputeWeiramon has a reputation beyond reputeWeiramon has a reputation beyond reputeWeiramon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Aye, as they should be.

The Lord Dragon, channelling the True Power? Purely ludicrous! Next you'll be saying he shares the thoughts of one of the Forsaken. Burn my soul, you might as well paint a Dragon's fang on your doorway and be done with it.
Old 03-27-2012, 01:59 PM
Youngling

Heinz will become famous soon enoughHeinz will become famous soon enough

The only Weiramon theory that I remember that seemed more far-fetched to be laughed down was the 'Weiramon is Moridin/Demandred' theory.

And I wish you'd saved the Verin is Black Ajah one, I might have joined it had I seen it. :-P I called that one with my friend who reads WoT a lot too. Might be the only thing I've been right in with WoT...ever, and I kick myself for not posting it on here.

I must have missed the 70-year plan though. I know there were references to things happening all about that same time, but I never formed it into a theory. Was there something that came up and was confirmed, or am I just missing the obvious?
Old 03-27-2012, 04:50 PM
Youngling

frenchie has much to be proud offrenchie has much to be proud offrenchie has much to be proud offrenchie has much to be proud offrenchie has much to be proud offrenchie has much to be proud offrenchie has much to be proud offrenchie has much to be proud offrenchie has much to be proud offrenchie has much to be proud offrenchie has much to be proud of

Here is a good thread that I found looking through the archives.

http://theoryland.com/vbulletin/show...ht=shadowspawn
Old 03-27-2012, 08:06 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by frenchie View Post
Here is a good thread that I found looking through the archives.

Incidentally, thread-starter is the same one who wrote the 'Rand will channel the True Power' post.
Old 03-27-2012, 08:52 PM
Youngling

frenchie has much to be proud offrenchie has much to be proud offrenchie has much to be proud offrenchie has much to be proud offrenchie has much to be proud offrenchie has much to be proud offrenchie has much to be proud offrenchie has much to be proud offrenchie has much to be proud offrenchie has much to be proud offrenchie has much to be proud of

Looking back at the threads before TGS and ToM, you, WH, and Dav got quite a few right. Here is another one I found with some accurate speculation.

Old 03-28-2012, 04:36 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinz View Post
And I wish you'd saved the Verin is Black Ajah one, I might have joined it had I seen it.
I have conclusively proven that Verin couldn't be Black.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:33 PM
Youngling

Heinz will become famous soon enoughHeinz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoTheGreat View Post
I have conclusively proven that Verin couldn't be Black.
Link?
Old 03-28-2012, 10:51 PM
Ancient

Verin Mathwin is a splendid one to beholdVerin Mathwin is a splendid one to beholdVerin Mathwin is a splendid one to beholdVerin Mathwin is a splendid one to beholdVerin Mathwin is a splendid one to beholdVerin Mathwin is a splendid one to beholdVerin Mathwin is a splendid one to beholdVerin Mathwin is a splendid one to beholdVerin Mathwin is a splendid one to behold

I've been saying the Verin was Black from the time I joined TL... I never wrote a theory on it though.
Old 03-28-2012, 11:03 PM
Hero of the Horn

Every noob thought Verin was Black. But none of them could explain why it didn't add up (any more than those who insisted she wasn't Black could explain it).
Old 03-28-2012, 11:19 PM
Ancient

Verin Mathwin is a splendid one to beholdVerin Mathwin is a splendid one to beholdVerin Mathwin is a splendid one to beholdVerin Mathwin is a splendid one to beholdVerin Mathwin is a splendid one to beholdVerin Mathwin is a splendid one to beholdVerin Mathwin is a splendid one to beholdVerin Mathwin is a splendid one to beholdVerin Mathwin is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
Every noob thought Verin was Black. But none of them could explain why it didn't add up (any more than those who insisted she wasn't Black could explain it).
Haha... very true.
Old 04-01-2012, 03:04 AM
Elder

Lupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud of

I used to love with a passion the Purple Ajah theory.

"Yeah, but obviously the Great Serpent doesn't have an actual corpse which would be of any help in strangling Rand al'Thor; for a start, if there was an actual serpent encircling the world, it would be monumentally huge, and trying to strangle someone with it would lead more to a sort of crushing." - Zombie Sammael

Selective Necrophiliac
Old 04-01-2012, 04:48 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinz View Post
Link?
Good question. There should be a thread where I posted this, but I just plain can't find it. It should be somewhere on the old board, and the title I probably intended to use was "Verin, a different approach". I've just looked through the archives there, checking every thread with Verin in the title, and I did not find it. Which just goes to show how good Verin is at covering her tracks.