art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (1): ShadowbaneX,

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > WHEEL OF TIME FORUMS > General Wheel of Time Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 05-22-2012, 02:56 PM
Youngling

Tomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant future
Default Mat's Breast fixation

I was driving to a job interview today (2 x ~430 km) and had a lot of listening time for KoD.

I have always thought that RJ became very boob oriented in this book.
I realised though that is probably because Mat has a lot of POVs compared to other books.

As soon as Mat meets women he first evaluates their breasts in comparison to other women.
It is almost an unconscious act.
As soon that he see a woman his eyes goes directly to their bosom.
It is a high rate of women who is described in the infamous way (arms folded beneath the breasts) when it's a Mat POV compared to other POVs.

When you compare it with Rand.
He almost never fixates on Cadsuane's or Alivia's funbags (struggling to come up with new words).

The funny part is of course when Mat gets irritated of Olvers ogling of womens breasts and wonders who has the bad influence on him.
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. (Marx)
Old 05-22-2012, 03:00 PM
Youngling

Heinz will become famous soon enoughHeinz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomp View Post
When you compare it with Rand.
He almost never fixates on Cadsuane's or Alivia's funbags (struggling to come up with new words).
Not the word usage that comes to mind in reference to Cadsuane, no matter their size comparison.

But yes, I imagine Mat's personality does focus more on these than Rand or Perrin (or the girls).
Old 05-22-2012, 03:56 PM
Hero of the Horn

Crispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's because breasts are more PC to discuss than other parts. Can you imagine the outcry if Perrin turned out to be an assman?
Old 05-23-2012, 04:00 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crispin's Crispian View Post
Can you imagine the outcry if Perrin turned out to be an assman?
Faile folder her arms under her ...

Yeah, would be a bit awkward, wouldn't it?
Old 05-23-2012, 04:24 AM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Hips.
Old 05-23-2012, 04:55 AM
Hero of the Horn

yks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond repute

Rand is always looking at the sway of Min's hips

just saying.

Bonded to JWB

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
Old 05-23-2012, 04:58 AM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

I don't think RJ was an assman. All the supergirls have larger-than-average breasts and more-slender-than-average hips. You can tell by the borrowed dresses.
Old 05-23-2012, 05:29 AM
Elder

Zombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Zombie Sammael

RJ obviously had a very complicated view of ass vs breasts. During the raising ceremony, every AS standing for the Amyrlin has to prove they have breasts. On the other hand, he named his group of male channellers the "ass-ha-man". Obviously his intention here was to state that the male and female channellers had separate goals that were nonetheless embodied in the same form, as it were.

Master of the lightnings, rider on the storm,
wearer of a crown of swords, spinner out of fate.
Who thinks he turns the Wheel of Time,
may learn the truth too late.

Light is held before the maw of the infinite void, and all that he is can be seized.

The one who Death has known
Old 05-23-2012, 05:32 AM
Youngling

Tomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by yks 6nnetu hing View Post
Rand is always looking at the sway of Min's hips

just saying.
Yeah Rand looks at the woman he loves and find her attractive.
He does not leer at every woman he meets.

Mat does, more or less.
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. (Marx)
Old 05-23-2012, 05:59 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Mat does, more or less.
So does LTT, of course. Who, according to some, is Rand.
Old 05-23-2012, 07:06 AM
Hero of the Horn

yks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Mat does, more or less.
lol, believe me, Mat's letchery ways are probably the least among his many, many, and I repeat: many character flaws.

Bonded to JWB

-- Winston Churchill
Old 05-23-2012, 08:03 AM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by yks 6nnetu hing View Post
lol, believe me, Mat's letchery ways are probably the least among his many, many, and I repeat: many character flaws.
Flaws? He's a 20 something year old guy, this is 100% normal. He just happens to be a breast guy while Rand tends to like a little more junk in the trunk and Perrin likes, um, well skinny big nosed women that verbally abuse him.

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot
Old 05-23-2012, 08:10 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davian93 View Post
Flaws? He's a 20 something year old guy, this is 100% normal. He just happens to be a breast guy while Rand tends to like a little more junk in the trunk and Perrin likes, um, well skinny big nosed women that verbally abuse him.
as I said, his letchery ways are probably the least obnoxious bits about him as a character.

Bonded to JWB

-- Winston Churchill
Old 05-23-2012, 08:12 AM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:

Mat does, more or less.
Rand also thinks its okay to date and sleep with 3 women at the same time...I think on the lechery scale, that ranks up above casually checking out women you meet with a passing glance.

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Old 05-23-2012, 08:45 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Rand also thinks its okay to date and sleep with 3 women at the same time...I think on the lechery scale, that ranks up above casually checking out women you meet with a passing glance.
I dunno. Sounds like an interesting research project. Now how to get financing for this?
Old 05-23-2012, 08:46 AM
Youngling

Heinz will become famous soon enoughHeinz will become famous soon enough

Quote:
I'm not sure I'd call what Mat does 'casually checking out...with a passing glance', but I agree it ranks lower on the scale than bouncing around with 3 women at the same time with serious hopes/intentions with all of them.
Old 05-23-2012, 08:54 AM
Hero of the Horn

WinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to WinespringBrother

nothing wrong with this, I find it more suspicious that there is a lot of staring at ankles and ears...

"Oh, y'all [Theorylanders] are awesome with awesome sauce, but you ask a lot of tricky questions. I had to watch myself with you guys." - Maria

"I need to RAFO more things, I'm not being very Robert Jordan..." - Brandon
Old 05-23-2012, 08:56 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heinz View Post
I'm not sure I'd call what Mat does 'casually checking out...with a passing glance', but I agree it ranks lower on the scale than bouncing around with 3 women at the same time with serious hopes/intentions with all of them.
How is it not? He meets a female, checks her out and moves on with his life. He's a 21-22 year old guy...this is what 99.9% of heterosexual guys do at that age.

Old 05-23-2012, 09:01 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinespringBrother View Post
nothing wrong with this, I find it more suspicious that there is a lot of staring at ankles and ears...
That depends on whatever is considered attractive by a culture. People are weird anyone, and on the topic of sex they often get weird deliberately. Small wonder that results in strange (to us) fetishes.
Old 05-23-2012, 09:08 AM
Hero of the Horn

Personally, I'm more disturbed by Nynaeve's ogling of Valan Luca's calves...guess she's a leg-woman.

Quote:
TITLE: Fires of Heaven
CHAPTER: 34 - A Silver Arrow

The man was certainly handsome- Stop that!-and he did have a shapely calf- What are you doing, looking at his leg?
Though, apparently this sort of behavior is common in Andor and is even practiced by her Queen:

Quote:
TITLE: Fires of Heaven
CHAPTER: 56 - Glowing Embers

Tallanvor was a handsome man, his hands did look strong, and he had a well-turned calf, but he was young, and she was his queen.