art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (1): ShadowbaneX,

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > WHEEL OF TIME FORUMS > General Wheel of Time Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 06-23-2012, 03:40 PM
Youngling

Chazle is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Reddit and their Education on WoT

First, this might be on the wrong board. My bad, move as needed.

Second, I'd like to mention something to you wonderful Theorylanders....I am a lurker, have been for a really long time. I've learned a lot from reading these boards and threads and theories. I feel like I understand WoT much better because of you guys and girls.

There exists this land called Reddit. If you're familiar with it, awesome, if not...well, what it is isn't really important.

www.reddit.com/r/wot

There's a community on reddit that discusses WoT pretty constantly, but I continually find their lack of knowledge astounding. Every chance I get, I try to direct people to come to Theoryland. But honestly, I feel like it would be a bigger help if some of you were active over there.

The post that prompted me to finally post over here:
http://www.reddit.com/r/WoT/comments...able_spoilers/

But ya. It'd be cool if there were some more knowledgable people around there.
Old 06-23-2012, 06:46 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

I thought about it briefly because it would make it easier for me to stalk Brandon's activities there for the interview database...but Reddit is really counterintuitive for me, and the people there mostly annoy me. It seems like there are more trolls on Reddit than most places.
Old 06-24-2012, 06:30 AM
Elder

Zombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Zombie Sammael

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
I thought about it briefly because it would make it easier for me to stalk Brandon's activities there for the interview database...but Reddit is really counterintuitive for me, and the people there mostly annoy me. It seems like there are more trolls on Reddit than most places.
I've noticed that the more mainstream a site is, the more trolls it attracts. Places which fit a smaller, "niche" community like TL, or where you're free to create your own network like Twitter or Facebook, are relatively "safe" from at least the new definition of trolling if not the old. Given Reddit has a much wider user base than fansites, I wouldn't be surprised to find it has more of both kinds of troll.

Master of the lightnings, rider on the storm,
wearer of a crown of swords, spinner out of fate.
Who thinks he turns the Wheel of Time,
may learn the truth too late.

Light is held before the maw of the infinite void, and all that he is can be seized.

The one who Death has known
Old 06-24-2012, 06:46 AM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Sammael View Post
I've noticed that the more mainstream a site is, the more trolls it attracts.
Yes, I noticed that as well. YouTube is worse.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:04 PM
Hero of the Horn

Crispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond reputeCrispin's Crispian has a reputation beyond repute

One of my favorite things about reddit is the tendency for threads to go hilariously off-track. I guess it could get annoying, but I think most people understand that it's just expected. Plus any unpleasant trolls are downvoted pretty quickly.

I'm not a redditor, at least not registered. I just got there to read funny stuff.
Old 06-25-2012, 02:46 PM
Youngling

Heinz will become famous soon enoughHeinz will become famous soon enough

Talk about being different from TL. Not sure I ever saw a quote or other bit of substantiation for ideas. And some are out there enough I'd really like to know where the heck they got the idea from. Closest one came was to refer to a Jordan quote, but not to provide it.

Lots of newbies to WoT too, which is kind of interesting to see. We don't get many of them here. Even the lurkers/occasional posters like myself have generally been through the series many times before, and have read a lot on here.

In light of the recent discussions over Demandred, this thread was really.. interesting. http://www.reddit.com/r/WoT/comments...dred/?sort=old
Old 06-28-2012, 08:33 PM
Hero of the Horn

See, if I were to respond at all to that thread, there would be at least 10 things I'd have to correct, and somehow I get the feeling that it wouldn't be appreciated.
Old 06-28-2012, 09:46 PM
Youngling

frenchie has much to be proud offrenchie has much to be proud offrenchie has much to be proud offrenchie has much to be proud offrenchie has much to be proud offrenchie has much to be proud offrenchie has much to be proud offrenchie has much to be proud offrenchie has much to be proud offrenchie has much to be proud offrenchie has much to be proud of

That thing is worse than the one Facebook group I'm in. I want no parts of that debacle.

Galad: Not the face!

Gawyn: Yes, the face.