art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Hey New Users of Theoryland!
User Name
Password

Old 08-06-2012, 10:17 AM
Youngling

Bill Door is an unknown quantity at this point
Default <Insert generic title here>

Hello there.

So, I suppose I should introduce myself or something. As you can probably tell I go by the name Bill Door (free cake to anyone who knows where the name comes from*). I'm 18 years old, and I live in Ireland.

I started reading The Wheel of Time about four or five years ago when I found an old, dusty, never opened copy of The Eye of the World sitting on a bookshelf at home. I blazed through that book over the course of a weekend and never looked back. The rest of the series took me about two months and since then I've been waiting impatiently for each new book to come out.

I've been looking for a good WoT forum recently to discuss the books, since none of my friends are fans of fantasy. And I stumbled upon here the other day and made an account.

Outside of WoT I like to read a lot of other fantasy books, my favourites including Terry Pratchett's Discworld series and Jim Butcher's The Dresden Files. I just finished The Wise Man's fear by Patrick Rothfuss, and I'd recommend it to anyone looking for a book to read.

So yeah, that's about it. Hello and whatnot, feel free to ask me any questions. I hope I fit in well here.

*The cake may or may not be a lie...
Old 08-06-2012, 11:56 AM
Hero of the Horn

DahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to DahLliA

Welcome !

<-- cake

beer -->

"'Profound... huh.' Temper was silent for a long moment, studying the cobbles of the alley mouth. And then he lifted his helmed head, faced Shadowthrone, and said, 'Fuck off.'"
Old 08-06-2012, 11:57 AM
Elder

Zombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Zombie Sammael

Hi Bill... sorry, was it Door or Sky? I'm a little confused.

Anyway, even if your ideas are a little flat, welcome to Theoryland!

Master of the lightnings, rider on the storm,
wearer of a crown of swords, spinner out of fate.
Who thinks he turns the Wheel of Time,
may learn the truth too late.

Light is held before the maw of the infinite void, and all that he is can be seized.

The one who Death has known
Old 08-06-2012, 01:41 PM
Youngling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Sammael View Post
Hi Bill... sorry, was it Door or Sky? I'm a little confused.

Anyway, even if your ideas are a little flat, welcome to Theoryland!
It seems it's my turn to be confused, I can't say I know a Bill Sky.

But anyway, thanks for the welcome. I shall endeavour to make any and all future ideas of a suitable gradient.
Old 08-06-2012, 07:40 PM
Editor-in-Chief (with tenure)

Uno has disabled reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Door View Post
It seems it's my turn to be confused, I can't say I know a Bill Sky.

But anyway, thanks for the welcome. I shall endeavour to make any and all future ideas of a suitable gradient.
As I recall, the first name Death could think of was Mr. Sky, but Mrs. Flitworth had never heard of anyone with that last name, so he went for Door.

Otherwise ... 18 years old. That'd make you four years younger than EOTW and a mere four years older than Theoryland.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:01 PM
Youngling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uno View Post
As I recall, the first name Death could think of was Mr. Sky, but Mrs. Flitworth had never heard of anyone with that last name, so he went for Door.
Oh. Okay, now I'm embarrassed, that one went right the way over my head.
Old 08-06-2012, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Oh. Okay, now I'm embarrassed, that one went right the way over my head.
It's was a pretty obscure reference. And I suppose she was Miss Flitworth, anyway, now that I think of it.
Old 08-07-2012, 05:50 AM
Elder

Zombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Zombie Sammael

I tried to make it clearer that I knew what I was on about with the "flat" line, but I think that went over Mr Sky - er, Door's - head too. Oh well!

A proper welcome to Theoryland, now. Enjoy.

Master of the lightnings, rider on the storm,
wearer of a crown of swords, spinner out of fate.
Who thinks he turns the Wheel of Time,
may learn the truth too late.

Light is held before the maw of the infinite void, and all that he is can be seized.

The one who Death has known
Old 08-07-2012, 09:13 AM
Elder

Figbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant future

I got your reference but was far too slow with my reply. Dammit.

Hail fellow Discworldian well met. PTerry is my favourite author EVER *ducks the flames*

(my justification for saying this being that RJ has written the best story I've ever read, but PTerry has created a whole world and everything in it and a wider variety of tales and anyway is a literary genius so there ner)

Welcome to Theoryland. I suspect you may make a lot of people feel quite old all of a sudden
Old 08-07-2012, 09:17 AM
Hero of the Horn

yks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Figbiscuit View Post
I got your reference but was far too slow with my reply. Dammit.

Hail fellow Discworldian well met. PTerry is my favourite author EVER *ducks the flames*

(my justification for saying this being that RJ has written the best story I've ever read, but PTerry has created a whole world and everything in it and a wider variety of tales and anyway is a literary genius so there ner)

Welcome to Theoryland. I suspect you may make a lot of people feel quite old all of a sudden
did you hear, there's a new book coming out in September titled (I shit you not) "The World of Poo"

I know this because I'm now reading Snuff, which has the advert for the September release on the back.

Welcome to TL mr. Door!

Bonded to JWB

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
Old 08-07-2012, 09:25 AM
Elder

Figbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant future

I know! I actually thought it was out already but maybe not. He's rattling books out at the moment. Good yet sad at the same time
Old 08-07-2012, 10:23 AM
Hero of the Horn

SauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to SauceyBlueConfetti

Quote:
Originally Posted by yks 6nnetu hing View Post
did you hear, there's a new book coming out in September titled (I shit you not) "The World of Poo"
LOLOLOLOLOL

Yes, I can act like a twelve year old sometimes.
Yeah. Murderous Saucey. My superhero name
I am Detroit. You REALLY wanna call me wimpy?
Haphazardly Spell & Fact Checked Since June 2001
Old 08-07-2012, 10:33 AM
Hero of the Horn

yks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I know! I actually thought it was out already but maybe not. He's rattling books out at the moment. Good yet sad at the same time
I just looked again and you're right, it's out already. September is when Dodger is released. I'm all sad and glad too

I thought that was pretty clever too, SBC

Bonded to JWB

-- Winston Churchill
Old 08-07-2012, 12:42 PM
Hero of the Horn

Sarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to behold

Welcome to TL, Bill!

the Grey Viper, the Lord of Forsaken Roads, the Pink Sunset
Old 08-07-2012, 02:31 PM
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SauceyBlueConfetti View Post
LOLOLOLOLOL

Yes, I can act like a twelve year old sometimes.
Very disappointed with myself for missing that.

Quote:
I just looked again and you're right, it's out already. September is when Dodger is released. I'm all sad and glad too

I thought that was pretty clever too, SBC
I thought so. Will definitely be buying Dodger when it's released. I currently have The Long Earth waiting on my bookshelf until I can stand the anticipation no longer, eeeeee.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:57 PM
Youngling

Thanks for all the welcomes, guys.

Quote:
The World of Poo was good, but it's no Where's My Cow.

Quote:
I thought so. Will definitely be buying Dodger when it's released. I currently have The Long Earth waiting on my bookshelf until I can stand the anticipation no longer, eeeeee.
I've never read any of Pratchett's non-Discworld stuff, are any of them as good?
Old 08-08-2012, 12:15 AM

Quote:
Thanks for all the welcomes, guys.

The World of Poo was good, but it's no Where's My Cow.

I've never read any of Pratchett's non-Discworld stuff, are any of them as good?
They're generally Pratchetty. I thought Nation was a fine read. Of course, he's become rather more serious since he was diagnosed with the disease, but that's pretty obvious in the books set on the Disc, too.
Old 08-08-2012, 04:27 AM
Elder

Basically what Uno said.

Funny story: My OH bought me Where's My Cow for Christmas the year before last, not realising just what it was. So apparently when it arrived he was a bit shocked and disappointed to see it was kind of slim and obviously a children's book, and cue his massive surprise & slight bemusement when I squealed with excitement upon opening it and showered him with kisses It wasn't something I was planning to buy myself, but I was extremely happy to add it to my Pratchett collection.
Old 08-08-2012, 05:01 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Basically what Uno said.

Funny story: My OH bought me Where's My Cow for Christmas the year before last, not realising just what it was. So apparently when it arrived he was a bit shocked and disappointed to see it was kind of slim and obviously a children's book, and cue his massive surprise & slight bemusement when I squealed with excitement upon opening it and showered him with kisses It wasn't something I was planning to buy myself, but I was extremely happy to add it to my Pratchett collection.
lol, that is a great story!

oh, the Pratchetty goodness...

Bonded to JWB

-- Winston Churchill
Old 08-08-2012, 07:49 PM
Elder

Khoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant future

18? It's about time I'm not the youngest on the boards! Greetings, and welcome to the great Land of Theory!

Life is a dream from which we all must wake before we can dream again.

Al dival, al kiserai, al mashi! - For light, glory, and love!

Carai an manshimaya ayend'an! - Honor of my blade for the fallen.