art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Hey New Users of Theoryland!
User Name
Password

Old 11-09-2012, 07:25 PM
Youngling

Hagi is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello

Hello. I am Hagi from Turkey. I've been reading WOT for 6 years now. I'm a mechanical engineer. My father is a historian. So i grew up listening legends, war stories of heroes. Naturally, I've become a fantasy novels addict. Besides reading, i'm in love with football/soccer.
My fav. character is Mat. I mean RJ era Mat. He's a bit awkward now. But i'm thankfull Brandon for his work. I hate Gawyn so much that i can't describe my feelings in English. Thank God he's a minor character.

So that's me folks. Selam and peace.

Taim is Demandred ;_;
Old 11-09-2012, 07:38 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Ooh, a Turk! Welcome to Theoryland. Mat-love and Gawyn-hate are pretty safe opinions to express in one's first post.
Old 11-10-2012, 04:15 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagi View Post
Selam and peace.[/SIZE]
What's the difference (apart from the language used, obviously)?
Old 11-10-2012, 09:10 AM
Youngling

Hagi is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoTheGreat View Post
What's the difference (apart from the language used, obviously)?
Selam : Hello, hi, salut

The word "selam" is of arabic origin and short form of "esselamınaleyküm rahmetullah ve berekatü". which means "may god's mercy and blessing be upon you".

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
Ooh, a Turk! Welcome to Theoryland. Mat-love and Gawyn-hate are pretty safe opinions to express in one's first post.
Thank you
Old 11-10-2012, 09:32 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagi View Post
Selam : Hello, hi, salut

The word "selam" is of arabic origin and short form of "esselamınaleyküm rahmetullah ve berekatü". which means "may god's mercy and blessing be upon you".
Ah, I'd thought that it was a variation on shalom/salam, which do mean "peace". I should have remembered that language never ever makes sense, no matter what language it is.
Old 11-10-2012, 01:41 PM
Hero of the Horn

Sarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to behold

Welcome to TL, Hagi!

the Grey Viper, the Lord of Forsaken Roads, the Pink Sunset
Old 11-10-2012, 02:44 PM
Hero of the Horn

Nazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond repute

Language does make sense Gonzo, humans don't.

Welcome Hagi!!

You may call me "Naz", though I will accept "your flaming greatness" if you insist!!

In a moment I shall be on fire and thus begins the roasting of your welcome feast!!
Lord Captain Commander of Singing Chipmunks
Master of Nazgul Kitchen
Old 11-12-2012, 08:15 AM
Elder

Figbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant futureFigbiscuit has a brilliant future

*sets Naz on fire*

Welcome Hagi
Old 11-12-2012, 09:16 AM
Hero of the Horn

yks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome!

Cool, we've FINALLY someone from the Middle-East that can explain about stuff going on there. We tend to have some political threads active at any time on the Non board, sometimes about World events (don't mind the opinions. everyone's got one and some here are really vocal about expressing theirs.)

another Mat-fan, huh... *sigh* fine.

Bonded to JWB

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
Old 11-12-2012, 06:48 PM
Elder

Khoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by yks 6nnetu hing View Post
Welcome!

Cool, we've FINALLY someone from the Middle-East that can explain about stuff going on there. We tend to have some political threads active at any time on the Non board, sometimes about World events (don't mind the opinions. everyone's got one and some here are really vocal about expressing theirs.)

another Mat-fan, huh... *sigh* fine.
I do believe you're in the minority, yks.

Welcome to our little corner of the 'net, Hagi!

Life is a dream from which we all must wake before we can dream again.

Al dival, al kiserai, al mashi! - For light, glory, and love!

Carai an manshimaya ayend'an! - Honor of my blade for the fallen.
Old 11-13-2012, 12:30 PM
Hero of the Horn

WinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to WinespringBrother

Welcome!

Gawyn hating? Get in line :P (though I don't get that annoyed by him actually, my ire is reserved for Elaida and her ilk)

"Oh, y'all [Theorylanders] are awesome with awesome sauce, but you ask a lot of tricky questions. I had to watch myself with you guys." - Maria

"I need to RAFO more things, I'm not being very Robert Jordan..." - Brandon
Old 11-14-2012, 04:07 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinespringBrother View Post
... my ire is reserved for Elaida and her ilk
Why not lump in Gawyn with that lot?
He was one of her main supporters right from the start.
Old 11-14-2012, 05:44 AM
Hero of the Horn

Nazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond repute

Gawyn is almost as willfully stupid as Egwene (ToM being the deciding point) I'm torn between feeling extremely sorry for their child and shuddering at the thought of all that willful stupidity concentrated to one person.

Hmmm... maybe there will be a somewhat likeable little boy caught between the idiocy of his parents and younger siblings until the day he cries tears of joy when uncle Rand comes to take him away for his training in channeling while his aunts roll their eyes behind his parents backs.

*Roasts marshmallows and nuts*
Master of Nazgul Kitchen
Old 11-14-2012, 06:49 AM
Hero of the Horn

Perhaps Gaidal Cain is going to be Egwene and Gawyn's child?
For all we know, Egwene might've managed to get herself pregnant with the TAR games already, so the timing could be right.
Old 11-14-2012, 07:39 AM
Hero of the Horn

And then "aunt" Birgitte goes cougar on him? Decent smutfic potential I suppose.
Master of Nazgul Kitchen
Old 11-14-2012, 11:15 AM
Youngling

Tsofu is a name known to allTsofu is a name known to allTsofu is a name known to allTsofu is a name known to allTsofu is a name known to allTsofu is a name known to allTsofu is a name known to allTsofu is a name known to all
Default Speaking of hijacking a thread!

Geez you guys, it's Hagi's howdy Theoryland thread, where we say, "HOWDY,Hagi, welcome to Theoryland! Hope you like us, and please, say something intelligent, cuz it would stand out around here." ~snicker~

Tsofu

Tia mi aven Moridin isainde vadin
Old 11-14-2012, 12:05 PM
Hero of the Horn

Ah it has been years since a noob thread was properly hijacked and run to the ground!

Some of our more recent members don't even know we used to have this fine tradition!

Oh where are the many cookies?!

Where is the suspiciously minty tee?!

Where is the kaf that might or might not have crimsonthorn mixed in?!

Look! Even the Entropy Sideline Club Couch is covered in dust!
Master of Nazgul Kitchen
Old 11-14-2012, 12:44 PM
Elder

Khoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazbaque View Post
Ah it has been years since a noob thread was properly hijacked and run to the ground!

Some of our more recent members don't even know we used to have this fine tradition!

Oh where are the many cookies?!

Where is the suspiciously minty tee?!

Where is the kaf that might or might not have crimsonthorn mixed in?!

Look! Even the Entropy Sideline Club Couch is covered in dust!
*dusts off ESC Couch*

*sits down on ESC Couch*

Happy, Naz? We need a good derailing. It helps the noobs become accustomed to the crazy that is Theoryland.

Life is a dream from which we all must wake before we can dream again.

Al dival, al kiserai, al mashi! - For light, glory, and love!

Carai an manshimaya ayend'an! - Honor of my blade for the fallen.
Old 11-14-2012, 01:01 PM
Hero of the Horn

WinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to WinespringBrother

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoTheGreat View Post
Why not lump in Gawyn with that lot?
He was one of her main supporters right from the start.
I wouldn't call Gawyn a supporter of Elaida's at all. As far as he knew, he was simply helping prevent an unlawful coup (granted, the coup attempt he blocked was opposing an unlawful coup but he didn't know that).

Witness the fact that he helped Siuan and Leane escape, for example.

"Oh, y'all [Theorylanders] are awesome with awesome sauce, but you ask a lot of tricky questions. I had to watch myself with you guys." - Maria

"I need to RAFO more things, I'm not being very Robert Jordan..." - Brandon
Old 11-14-2012, 03:47 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsofu View Post
Geez you guys, it's Hagi's howdy Theoryland thread, where we say, "HOWDY,Hagi, welcome to Theoryland! Hope you like us, and please, say something intelligent, cuz it would stand out around here." ~snicker~
It's sort of a tradition. That way you have to put forth an effort to keep your noob thread relevant to you.