art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > WHEEL OF TIME FORUMS > General Wheel of Time Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 12-23-2012, 11:03 AM
Youngling

Tollingtoy is a glorious beacon of lightTollingtoy is a glorious beacon of lightTollingtoy is a glorious beacon of lightTollingtoy is a glorious beacon of lightTollingtoy is a glorious beacon of lightTollingtoy is a glorious beacon of light
Default Reading TGS and TOM in chronological order

Has anyone organized the chapters from TGS and TOM in the order they actually happened on the timeline as opposed to the order Brandon put them in? It would be pretty interesting to read Perrin's timeline while Egwene and Rand's are happening.
Old 12-23-2012, 11:20 AM
Hero of the Horn

Sarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to behold

Took some searching, but I found it again. *goes make a bookmark for himself*

http://www.stevenac.net/wot/wotchron.htm

the Grey Viper, the Lord of Forsaken Roads, the Pink Sunset
Old 12-23-2012, 02:55 PM
Hero of the Horn

Marie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarevok View Post
Took some searching, but I found it again. *goes make a bookmark for himself*

http://www.stevenac.net/wot/wotchron.htm
That timeline stops at TGS, apparently because Steven Cooper got frustrated by how messed up the timeline appears to be.

There are a couple of other attempts at timelines for TGS and TOM: one from morat'corlm and one from missbee.
Old 12-23-2012, 04:27 PM
Youngling

instantdeath999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Haven't done this, but I have attempted to read A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons in chronological order. As I expected, it turned out to be a much less satisfying experience.
Old 12-23-2012, 05:41 PM
Youngling

Sid is a glorious beacon of lightSid is a glorious beacon of lightSid is a glorious beacon of lightSid is a glorious beacon of lightSid is a glorious beacon of lightSid is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Curie 7 View Post
That timeline stops at TGS, apparently because Steven Cooper got frustrated by how messed up the timeline appears to be.
Appears to be? The timeline is completely in shambles.

Maybe I should read it like this, since it would be hard to make it much of a less satisfying experience than the original setup.
Old 12-23-2012, 07:10 PM
Elder

Daekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by instantdeath999 View Post
Haven't done this, but I have attempted to read A Feast for Crows and A Dance with Dragons in chronological order. As I expected, it turned out to be a much less satisfying experience.
why was it less satisfying? There is much less crossover and would think that reading those two like than would work well....

He just got carried away a bit this time, probably as a result of his marriage-gonzothegreat

Son of Nazbaque, Lord of Fire
Old 12-24-2012, 03:32 AM
Youngling

instantdeath999 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekyras View Post
why was it less satisfying? There is much less crossover and would think that reading those two like than would work well....

It really hurts the pacing, and pretty much grinds the sense of momentum in either volume to a complete halt (I can only imagine this would be even more true for WOT, since the they were structured to center more on particular characters, rather than location). It's all too obvious, reading it that way, that the two books were structured to be read on their own, as opposed to Storm of Swords.
Old 12-25-2012, 08:22 AM
Youngling

Tollingtoy is a glorious beacon of lightTollingtoy is a glorious beacon of lightTollingtoy is a glorious beacon of lightTollingtoy is a glorious beacon of lightTollingtoy is a glorious beacon of lightTollingtoy is a glorious beacon of light

So there isn't a similar diagram for the chapters in TOM? Too bad.....I would think it would be interesting to try
Old 12-25-2012, 04:25 PM
Hero of the Horn

Sarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to behold

I just realized: you could look at the references per character of Encylopaedia WoT, but that would be a lot more trouble...

the Grey Viper, the Lord of Forsaken Roads, the Pink Sunset
Old 12-27-2012, 04:00 PM
Youngling

SamJ will become famous soon enoughSamJ will become famous soon enough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tollingtoy View Post
Has anyone organized the chapters from TGS and TOM in the order they actually happened on the timeline as opposed to the order Brandon put them in? It would be pretty interesting to read Perrin's timeline while Egwene and Rand's are happening.
I've had a go at creating a more chronological order for my current reread (I'm just over 1/2 way through the combined two at the moment and swapping between all the time). It's not chronologically perfect, and I've found a few mistakes in the timeline, but I was half aiming for something thematically satisfying as well. Happy to share if this would be useful but I don't have it in a very user-friendly format . . .
Old 12-28-2012, 08:53 AM
Youngling

I'd love to see whatever you have!

I plan on doing a complete reread once I've read AMOL, and it might be interesting to try it then
Old 12-28-2012, 02:34 PM
Youngling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tollingtoy View Post
I'd love to see whatever you have!

I plan on doing a complete reread once I've read AMOL, and it might be interesting to try it then
Ok then, here goes . . .

The list is organised by book (TGS/TOM), chapter (2), and scene (ii). It's not fully chronological - I couldn't really get the Mat scenes in a really good place and sometimes one character, e.g. Rand, is a bit ahead of the others. Good luck with your reread! (also any feedback on this reorder is v welcome)

TGS Pro I; TGS Pro ii; TGS Pro iii; TGS Pro iv; TGS Pro v; TGS Pro vi; TOM Pro v; TOM Pro vi; TGS 1 I; TGS 2 I; TGS 3 I; TGS 4 I; TGS 5 I; TGS 5 ii; TGS 6 I; TGS 6 ii; TGS 6 iii; TGS 7 I; TGS 8 I; TGS 9 I; TGS 10 I; TGS 11 I; TGS 12 I; TGS 12 ii; TGS 13 I; TGS 14 I; TGS 15 I; TGS 15 ii; TGS 15 iii; TGS 16 I; TGS 17 I; TGS 17 ii; TGS 18 I; TGS 19 I; TGS 20 I; TGS 21 I; TGS 21 ii; TGS 21 iii; TOM Pro iii; TGS 22 I; TGS 22 ii; TGS 23 I; TGS 24 I; TGS 25 I; TGS 25 ii; TGS 26 I; TGS 26 ii; TGS 27 I; TGS 28 I; TGS 28 ii; TGS 28 iii; TGS 29 I; TOM 2 I; TOM 2 ii; TOM 4 I; TOM 4 ii; TOM 4 iii; TOM 6 I; TGS 30 I; TGS 30 ii; TOM 39 I; TGS 31 I; TGS 31 ii; TOM Pro ii; TGS 32 I; TGS 33 I; TGS 34 I; TGS 35 I; TGS 35 ii; TOM 45 ii; TGS 36 I; TGS 36 ii; TOM 48 I; TOM 48 ii; TOM 48 iii; TOM 48 iv; TOM 48 v; TOM 48 vi; TOM 48 vii; TOM 49 I; TOM 49 ii; TOM 49 iii; TOM 49 iv; TOM 49 v; TOM 49 vi; TGS 37 I; TOM Pro iv; TOM 7 ii; TOM 7 iii; TOM 7 iv; TOM 7 v; TOM 7 vi; TOM 7 vii; TOM 7 viii; TOM 7 ix; TGS 38 I; TGS 39 I; TGS 40 I; TGS 40 ii; TGS 40 iii; TGS 40 iv; TGS 41 I; TGS 41 ii; TGS 41 iii; TGS 41 iv; TGS 41 v; TGS 41 vi; TGS 41 vii; TGS 42 I; TOM 5 iii; TGS 43 I; TGS 43 ii; TGS 43 iii; TGS 43 iv; TOM 10 I; TOM 10 ii; TOM 16 I; TOM 16 ii; TOM 18 I; TOM 18 iii; TOM 21 I; TOM 21 iii; TGS 44 I; TOM 18 ii; TOM 24 iii; TOM 24 iv; TOM 24 v; TOM 26 I; TOM 26 ii; TOM 28 I; TOM 28 ii; TOM 29 I; TOM 29 ii; TOM 29 iii; TOM 30 I; TGS 45 I; TGS 46 I; TGS 47 I; TGS 48 I; TGS 49 I; TGS 50 I; TGS Epi I; TOM 30 ii; TOM Pro I; TOM 7 I; TOM Pro vii; TOM 21 ii; TOM 1 I; TOM 3 I; TOM 3 ii; TOM 3 iii; TOM 5 I; TOM 5 ii; TOM 8 I; TOM 8 ii; TOM 9 I; TOM 9 ii; TOM 24 ii; TOM 11 I; TOM 17 I; TOM 17 ii; TOM 17 iii; TOM 19 I; TOM 12 I; TOM 12 ii; TOM 13 I; TOM 14 I; TOM 15 I; TOM 15 ii; TOM 28 iii; TOM 28 iv; TOM 20 I; TOM 20 ii; TOM 20 iii; TOM 20 iv; TOM 20 v; TOM 22 I; TOM 22 ii; TOM 22 iii; TOM 23 I; TOM 23 ii; TOM 23 iii; TOM 24 I; TOM 25 I; TOM 27 I; TOM 29 iv; TOM 31 I; TOM 32 I; TOM 32 ii; TOM 32 iii; TOM 33 I; TOM 33 ii; TOM 33 iii; TOM 34 I; TOM 34 ii; TOM 34 iii; TOM 35 I; TOM 35 ii; TOM 35 iii; TOM 35 iv; TOM 36 I; TOM 36 ii; TOM 37 I; TOM 37 ii; TOM 37 iii; TOM 37 iv; TOM 37 v; TOM 37 vi; TOM 37 vii; TOM 37 viii; TOM 37 ix; TOM 37 x; TOM 38 I; TOM 38 ii; TOM 38 iii; TOM 38 iv; TOM 38 v; TOM 40 I; TOM 40 ii; TOM 40 iii; TOM 40 iv; TOM 40 v; TOM 41 I; TOM 41 ii; TOM 41 iii; TOM 41 iv; TOM 41 v; TOM 42 I; TOM 42 ii; TOM 43 I; TOM 43 ii; TOM 44 I; TOM 44 ii; TOM 45 I; TOM 46 I; TOM 47 I; TOM 47 ii; TOM 47 iii; TOM 50 I; TOM 50 ii; TOM 51 I; TOM 51 ii; TOM 52 I; TOM 52 ii; TOM 53 I; TOM 53 ii; TOM 53 iii; TOM 54 I; TOM 55 I; TOM 56 I; TOM 56 ii; TOM 57 I; TOM 57 ii; TOM Epi I; TOM Epi ii; TOM Epi iii; TOM Epi iv; TOM Epi v; TOM Epi vi; TOM Epi vii
Old 12-29-2012, 03:41 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

I have to commend you on your perception in regards to the "not very user friendly" issue. Still, if I were to want to try to read it in chronological order, this would be quite a useful list, I suspect.
Old 12-29-2012, 08:43 AM
Youngling

Yep - total wall of text (& thanks)
Old 12-29-2012, 07:25 PM
ReadandFindOut.com

Dom has a brilliant futureDom has a brilliant futureDom has a brilliant futureDom has a brilliant futureDom has a brilliant futureDom has a brilliant futureDom has a brilliant futureDom has a brilliant futureDom has a brilliant futureDom has a brilliant futureDom has a brilliant future

It's not perfect either, but for having made the experience of reading TGS/TOM largely in this order, it feels close to being right, and not too user unfriendly:

It's the chronology worked on by Weird Harold and others here, IRRC:

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spre...zQlExSFE&gid=1