art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Hey New Users of Theoryland!
User Name
Password

Old 08-01-2013, 09:05 PM
Youngling

daoinesidhe is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Hello Again?

I don't know if it is entirely appropriate for me to post this in the new users portion of this forum as I've had this account at least for 2 years, but I haven't logged in here in awhile, and have been away from most WoT fan sites since release until now as I just finished aMoL.

I had been hoping that there would still be some interesting discussions going on here or at Dragonmount, but it appears that activity on both sites is nowhere near what it used to be...

I guess that's mine own fault for waiting so long to read the last book, but I was soo trepedatious about finally finishing the series that I decided to do a complete re-read when aMoL came out even though I had finished my "re-read before aMoL comes out" in November...

And so I've come back to find Luckers seemingly black-listed from the WoT community(not my place to judge the rightness or wrongness of that so I'll leave that there) and many of the members of both boards whose posts I most enjoyed reading either very rarely posting, or gone completely...

So I guess I'm wondering what is the state of WoT fandom right now, and what have the veterans of this community moved onto? Is WoT still a large part of your lives, or have you transferred that zeal for this series to another one? Or have many of you moved on to something completely different than epic fantasy series, including WoT.

That said, Hello to all, and I hope to participate in some exciting discussions going forward, wherever they exist in regards to the WoT.
Old 08-02-2013, 10:28 AM
Hero of the Horn

Sarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to beholdSarevok is a splendid one to behold

Welcome back!

And no, it not weird, there've been plenty of "I'm back" posts on here.

the Grey Viper, the Lord of Forsaken Roads, the Pink Sunset
Old 08-02-2013, 10:58 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Well, it is weird, but it is apparently a fairly standard type of weird.
Old 08-02-2013, 01:42 PM
Mistress of Novices

Zaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud ofZaela Sedai has much to be proud of
Send a message via AIM to Zaela Sedai Send a message via MSN to Zaela Sedai Send a message via Yahoo to Zaela Sedai Send a message via Skype™ to Zaela Sedai

Agreed, Welcome Back

The One, the Original, the ONLY Z
Beware of impostors

In Brandon We Trust
This TL Siren is bonded to Pops, XX, DaiShan and DeiwosTheSkyGod. Allied with Seeker and Guarded by Hopper
General of the Western Border, Valkyrie of the Autumn Storm, Destined Fury
Old 08-02-2013, 03:05 PM
Youngling

suttree has a brilliant futuresuttree has a brilliant futuresuttree has a brilliant futuresuttree has a brilliant futuresuttree has a brilliant futuresuttree has a brilliant futuresuttree has a brilliant futuresuttree has a brilliant futuresuttree has a brilliant futuresuttree has a brilliant futuresuttree has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by daoinesidhe View Post
And so I've come back to find Luckers seemingly black-listed from the WoT community(not my place to judge the rightness or wrongness of that so I'll leave that there) .
Welcome back daoine!

Just to touch on the above briefly. For all that Luckers could have went about things better...he had some very valid, important points to make. All too often people focus on the "how" when they should be thinking about the "why".
"Waves are the ultimate illusion. They come out of nowhere, instantaneously materialize, and just as quickly they break and vanish. Chasing after such fleeting mirages is a complete wast of time. That is what I choose to do with my life." - Miki Dora
Old 08-02-2013, 11:14 PM
Youngling

While I don't really want to start a discussion based on the Lucker's blacklisting (at least not quite yet, I've only just returned afterall!), for the most part I agreed with many of the things he had to say in regards to the Brandon Sanderson written books.

I'm not sure how I feel about how he went about saying all of those things, and as I said previously, it isn't my place to judge those actions. It was only one of the more surprising things I learned upon my return to WoT fandom. I mean, I could see it starting to happen when I stopped reading the forums right around release time, but it still kinda floored me.

And now on to other things before any conflagrations can occur...
Old 08-03-2013, 07:47 AM
Hero of the Horn

Nazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
And now on to other things before any conflagrations can occur...
too late

*sets himself on fire*

Welcome back dao
Lord Captain Commander of Singing Chipmunks
Master of Nazgul Kitchen
Old 08-03-2013, 09:28 AM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Quote:
I've come back to find Luckers seemingly black-listed from the WoT community...
Not really. Just Dragonmount. He posted here recently.

Quote:
So I guess I'm wondering what is the state of WoT fandom right now, and what have the veterans of this community moved onto?
Can't speak for anyone else, but I am taking a much-needed break from working on the interview database, but I plan to go back to it whenever I need a break from Chopin. (Working on an online edition of his correspondence.) I check in here every now and then to see if anything is happening.
Old 08-03-2013, 10:36 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
Can't speak for anyone else, but I am taking a much-needed break from working on the interview database, but I plan to go back to it whenever I need a break from Chopin. (Working on an online edition of his correspondence.)
Would it be an idea to have Brandon write a bit more of that?
Old 08-03-2013, 11:46 AM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoTheGreat View Post
Would it be an idea to have Brandon write a bit more of that?
What, correspondence? He goes on and on. I don't blame him for it but it does make my job a little overwhelming. And it's just not the same as RJ...I should be able to keep up with it to an extent doing part-time work; I just refuse to allow myself to stress out over it any more. Chopin is like RJ in that he's already said all he's going to say, but every now and then someone finds a new bit. Some scholar in Chopin's case; usually Marie for RJ. The problem with Chopin is that he didn't speak English, which sucked for him when he lived in England and Scotland after the 1848 Revolution.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chopin
19 August 1848
[after a long list] Why should I enumerate all these names! I have got to know very many of the grand monde, [footnote where he adds a list of more names later] among them for instance, the duchess of Somerset; the duke is the premier duke of England, and on great occasions, for instance at the coronation, she follows directly behind the Queen. Among the notabilities is lady Byron, with whom I am on very friendly terms. We converse, like the goose with the sucking pig, she in English, I in French. I understand why she bored Byron.
Translated from Polish. Sometimes it's French. Fortunately most things are already translated but the ones that aren't drive me crazy.
Old 08-03-2013, 03:26 PM
Youngling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
Not really. Just Dragonmount. He posted here recently.

Can't speak for anyone else, but I am taking a much-needed break from working on the interview database, but I plan to go back to it whenever I need a break from Chopin. (Working on an online edition of his correspondence.) I check in here every now and then to see if anything is happening.
Well I'm glad to hear that Luckers hasn't been completely black-listed from all WoT fandom. Also glad to see that you are still handing around Terez, not that I expected you to be doing something else :P.
Old 08-03-2013, 09:55 PM
Hero of the Horn

Sorry to disappoint you; there's a long list of stuff I've been dying to get to work on for years now. (Sometimes I think people lack imagination.) But I did something WoT-related today.
Old 08-16-2013, 07:03 AM
Dragonmount Admin

Luckers is just really niceLuckers is just really niceLuckers is just really niceLuckers is just really niceLuckers is just really niceLuckers is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by suttree View Post
Welcome back daoine!

Just to touch on the above briefly. For all that Luckers could have went about things better...he had some very valid, important points to make. All too often people focus on the "how" when they should be thinking about the "why".
Totes could have gone about things better. Ah well.
Old 08-16-2013, 08:45 AM
Hero of the Horn

DahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to DahLliA

Welcome back!

"'Profound... huh.' Temper was silent for a long moment, studying the cobbles of the alley mouth. And then he lifted his helmed head, faced Shadowthrone, and said, 'Fuck off.'"