art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (2): uausnaughbroo, engagementengag,

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > WHEEL OF TIME FORUMS > General Wheel of Time Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 06-13-2013, 08:43 AM
Youngling

sn0wm0nkey is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I'm confused about something in book 7, A Crown of Swords

I'm reading book 7, A Crown of Swords, and Egwene and Gareth Byrne's army is marching north to Tar Valon. Gareth Byrne just took Egwene, Siuan & Myrelle for a walk to show him some people who were hanged, and then tell them about the rumour that Rand had sworn to the White Tower.

On the way back to camp, Siuan takes them a different way which scares Myrelle, they then get Myrelle to lead them to Lan. I've read through this whole section but I'm still really confused about several main points.

How did Siuan find out Lan was there? There was some mention of buying peppers?
Why are Myrelle and Nisao in so much trouble that Egwene and Siuan are threatening to take their warders away? Simply for hiding Lan? Or because Moraine passed his bond to Myrelle?
And what do Nicola and Areina have to do with this whole situation, and what crime have they committed to get them so scared of Siuan and Egwene?
Old 06-13-2013, 11:02 AM
Hero of the Horn

yks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
How did Siuan find out Lan was there? There was some mention of buying peppers?
She saw that Myrelle was anxious about something so she investigated. Also, iirc, the peppers were from the Borderlands, Myrelle had tried to make Lan feel better by feeding him extravagant delicacies.

Quote:
Why are Myrelle and Nisao in so much trouble that Egwene and Siuan are threatening to take their warders away? Simply for hiding Lan? Or because Moraine passed his bond to Myrelle?
2 reasons: 1) the bond was passed without asking his permission. This is a huge no-no for AS. 2) the way Myrelle chose to try to keep him sane was considered highly unethical: she basically forced him to have sex with her. a lot.

Quote:
And what do Nicola and Areina have to do with this whole situation, and what crime have they committed to get them so scared of Siuan and Egwene?
oh there are too many things, I may need to re-read that part. IIRC they tried to blackmail Egwene and it backfired somehow.

Bonded to JWB

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill
Old 06-13-2013, 03:42 PM
Youngling

Nei is an unknown quantity at this point

Yeah that's pretty much it.

Nicola (with Areina's help) wanted to get extra lessons to get an added edge over the other novices. They tried to get this by blackmailing Egwene over Nynaeve and Elayne's masquerade as full Aes Sedai, but Egwene used their ignorance and subsequent fear of punishment to silence them.

Later when Egwene sees the two of them hanging around Myrelle's tent, a site that Myrelle obviously chose for privacy to keep away from all the other sisters, she guessed that Nicola must have been trying her tricks on the other Aes Sedai.