art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - Non Wot Discussion Boards > Archived: Non WoT Related Discussion 03/08 - 09/08
User Name
Password

Old 09-17-2008, 09:33 PM
Ancient

pops taer is a name known to allpops taer is a name known to allpops taer is a name known to allpops taer is a name known to allpops taer is a name known to allpops taer is a name known to allpops taer is a name known to allpops taer is a name known to allpops taer is a name known to all
Send a message via AIM to pops taer
Default Okay Marie...

I give..can I just pay up now or do I have to suffer to the end. My checking account cant stand much more...

Officially adoptive Theoryland father of Birgitte, Cary Fairy, Sarafelle, leanne, Salem, Paige from New Mexico and J'Lo.

Lord but not Master to - Lady tanaww, Lady Tru, Lady Anaiya, Lady Aly, Lady Ishara, Lady Teri, Lady Jen and Lady Gina.

You can never do something again. You are only able to do something similar.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:37 AM
Hero of the Horn

John Snow is just really niceJohn Snow is just really niceJohn Snow is just really niceJohn Snow is just really niceJohn Snow is just really niceJohn Snow is just really nice
Default By the way, if anyone's curious --

the reason Pops rates those cool wide screens for his posts is because he gives so much information about where he is. Must be that postal worker blood.
Old 09-18-2008, 10:29 AM
Ancient

pops taer is a name known to allpops taer is a name known to allpops taer is a name known to allpops taer is a name known to allpops taer is a name known to allpops taer is a name known to allpops taer is a name known to allpops taer is a name known to allpops taer is a name known to all
Default Thanks Professor Snow!!! LOL

Actually, I was just trying to give all the pretty ladies a location to start looking. I figured if they started out, I could fine tune with them from there...LOL

Officially adoptive Theoryland father of Birgitte, Cary Fairy, Sarafelle, leanne, Salem, Paige from New Mexico and J'Lo.

Lord but not Master to - Lady tanaww, Lady Tru, Lady Anaiya, Lady Aly, Lady Ishara, Lady Teri, Lady Jen and Lady Gina.

Old 09-18-2008, 10:30 AM
Hero of the Horn

Brita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond repute

pops- you rascal you!

I don't have to agree with you to like you or respect you. ― Anthony Bourdain
Old 09-18-2008, 10:34 AM
Ancient

Default I know...can't help myself.

Some folks call me a dirty old man. I resent the old part.

Old 09-18-2008, 10:48 AM
Hero of the Horn

Brita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by pops taer
Some folks call me a dirty old man. I resent the old part.
lol! but if you just say "Dirty Man" it sounds creepy- when you add "old" it sounds endearing.

You are an insatiable flirt, and enjoy a little dalliance. An endearing rascal is all

I don't have to agree with you to like you or respect you. ― Anthony Bourdain
Old 09-18-2008, 02:17 PM
Hero of the Horn

Marie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond repute

Aw, Pops. It's too early for me to discuss this...the Cubs haven't even clinched the division title yet! They could still blow it, I'm sure.

There are three kinds of people in the world, you know: optimists, pessimists, and Cubs fans. The optimist looks at the glass and sees it as half full, the pessimist looks at the glass and sees it as half empty, and the Cubs fan wonders when the glass will tip over.
Old 09-18-2008, 03:41 PM
Ancient

Cary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant futureCary Sedai has a brilliant future

lol, Marie

Go Cubbies!

Not that I watch baseball or root for anyone really, but I grew up just south of Chicago,so... Go Cubbies!
First-sister to Nazbaque, Great Lord of the Flame
Near-sister to Terez, Quotemistress
Lady of Chaos, official member of LoC, Big-sis to Rand & Myr...Woohoo!
Un-official adopted daughter of Pops'Taer, a.k.a. Cary'Taer
Cary Sedai, The first ever, Fairy of the TCA
Old 09-18-2008, 03:58 PM
Hero of the Horn

Gilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond repute

Diverting this thread for a moment only slightly since this is also for Marie:

http://dsc.discovery.com/news/2008/0...nic-water.html

Also, it's just really cool.

By: Steampunk Boba Fett
Old 09-18-2008, 04:19 PM
Inbred, Ugly, and Drunk on Corn Liquor

Sei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond reputeSei'taer has a reputation beyond repute

Hmm, an all natural floculant. Pretty cool and could have applications in the erosion control industry. I wonder how much it takes to clean the water of a large area...like a sedimentation basin? May be something to look in to.

www.buckeyestation.com look at it, love it, share it with your friends!
Old 09-21-2008, 12:12 PM
Elder

tanaww has much to be proud oftanaww has much to be proud oftanaww has much to be proud oftanaww has much to be proud oftanaww has much to be proud oftanaww has much to be proud oftanaww has much to be proud oftanaww has much to be proud oftanaww has much to be proud oftanaww has much to be proud oftanaww has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to tanaww Send a message via Yahoo to tanaww
Default Bringing this thread back to baseball...

Apparently Eddie Vedder's a Cubs fan.

Enjoy!

Tanaww,
Mother of Chaos and Debauchery

"Always start a story with 'No shit! There I was' or else no one will believe you" - 1SG

"The Universe hates bitches." - Deiwos the Sky God

All the cool kids read this.
Old 09-21-2008, 04:24 PM
Hero of the Horn

Marie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gilshalos Sedai
Diverting this thread for a moment only slightly since this is also for Marie:

http://dsc.discovery.com/news/2008/0...nic-water.html

Also, it's just really cool.
Yeah, that is cool. There are lots of ways to filter out stuff like arsenic from water, but this is great because it uses something locally available.

I thought this was pretty cool, too.

http://dsc.discovery.com/news/2008/0...s-aspirin.html
Old 09-21-2008, 04:40 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanaww
Apparently Eddie Vedder's a Cubs fan.
Yep, they've been playing that nonstop lately on tv and radio. It's great.

The story goes that Vedder met Ernie Banks at spring training this March, and Ernie asked him to write a song (Ernie didn't really know who he was). But I've also read that the song existed last year and Vedder sang it in Mesa at Randy Hundley's baseball camp, so I dunno when it really was written. Regardless, Vedder apparently sang it at a concert in Chicago in April and then recorded it at one in August.

So Pops... sorry that we ended up clinching against the Cardinals. I was hoping that we would sweep the Brewers and clinch against them.

First time the Cubs have won back-to-back titles (of any type) since 1907-1908. Now, on to the playoffs...
Old 09-21-2008, 06:45 PM
Ancient

Default Are we nearing the end of the world????

Is the Apocalypse nigh? I will be waiting with a worm on my tongue to find out. Why? The high dollar Cubbies are in the playoffs and the high dollar Yankums aren't. Could be a desperately grave situation on the horizon. What would happen if, (God forbid), the Cubbies win the Series and the House that Ruth built is destroyed during that change. Will the the gravitational pull destroy the world? Or will Ruth just come back to 'haint' the Yankums?

P.S. I feel a definite fluctuation in the force Luke.

And I want you to know I am still trying to get over the excitement passed through the bond when the Yanks were officially eliminated...whew. Wish Zae would learn when to mask!! But she is still a young one

Old 09-21-2008, 09:08 PM
Hero of the Horn

Gilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond reputeGilshalos Sedai has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
P.S. I feel a definite fluctuation in the force Luke.
That's just your dinner coming back for a bow.

By: Steampunk Boba Fett
Old 09-22-2008, 08:16 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by pops taer
Is the Apocalypse nigh? I will be waiting with a worm on my tongue to find out. Why? The high dollar Cubbies are in the playoffs and the high dollar Yankums aren't. Could be a desperately grave situation on the horizon. What would happen if, (God forbid), the Cubbies win the Series and the House that Ruth built is destroyed during that change. Will the the gravitational pull destroy the world? Or will Ruth just come back to 'haint' the Yankums?
Pops, I have to take exception to your mention of the Cubs and the Yankees in the same statement about "high dollar" teams. The Cubs have definitely increased their payroll in recent years, but they are not AT ALL CLOSE to the Yankees (no other MLB team is even within $70 million of the Yankees payroll). And the Cubs are in the top ten, but not in the top five; in fact, that other Chicago team (the ~gag~ White Sox) have a higher payroll than the Cubbies.

From CBS sportsline, the payrolls of the MLB teams:

1. New York Yankees $209,081,579
2. Detroit Tigers $138,685,197
3. New York Mets $138,293,378
4. Boston Red Sox $133,440,037
5. Chicago White Sox $121,152,667
6. Los Angeles Angels $119,216,333
7. Chicago Cubs $118,595,833
8. Los Angeles Dodgers $118,536,038
9. Seattle Mariners $117,993,982
10. Atlanta Braves $102,424,018
11. St. Louis Cardinals $100,624,450
12. Toronto Blue Jays $98,641,957
13. Philadelphia Phillies $98,269,881
14. Houston Astros $88,930,415
15. Milwaukee Brewers $81,004,167
16. Cleveland Indians $78,970,067
17. San Francisco Giants $76,904,500
18. Cincinnati Reds $74,277,695
19. San Diego Padres $73,677,617
20. Colorado Rockies $68,655,500
21. Texas Rangers $68,239,551
22. Baltimore Orioles $67,196,248
23. Arizona Diamondbacks $66,202,713
24. Minnesota Twins $62,182,767
25. Kansas City Royals $58,245,500
26. Washington Nationals $54,961,000
27. Pittsburgh Pirates $49,365,283
28. Oakland Athletics $47,967,126
29. Tampa Bay Rays $43,820,598
30. Florida Marlins $21,836,500

The average payroll is about $90 million; the median payroll is about $80 million. Notice that your Cards are not too far below the Cubs in payroll and they are also above the average (just out of the top ten).

And for your viewing pleasure, I made a histogram of the payrolls.

Obviously, the bulk of the MLB teams have a payroll between $50 and $125 million (22 out of 30). Seven of those teams fall in the $100-125 million range (including the Cubs and Cards). On the high end, above $125 million, we have the Red Sox, Mets, and Tigers, and WAY ABOVE anybody else, the Yankees. I do have to laugh about what that enormous payroll got them this year.