art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > WHEEL OF TIME FORUMS > General Wheel of Time Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 08-19-2014, 04:24 PM
Elder

The Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond repute
Default Falsified Theories

I was thinking it might be fun to post our favorite (false) theories. With supporting arguments and whatnot. For me, the Taim is a lightfriend theory, the nonexistent DO theory, the Mashadar Seals and the broken HoV. Maybe one or two others. And three still unconfirmed.

What say TL?
Old 08-19-2014, 11:01 PM
Hero of the Horn

Frenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Frenzy Send a message via Yahoo to Frenzy

Moiraine will return as a ghost (c) Frenzy

Min is evil (c) Goldeneyes, Sven, & Frenzy

Mat Pawn (c) Eclispe

"How the hell do you Godwin a thread with CUCUMBERS!!?" -- Tru

"I love cucumber prawn... " -- Ivhon

"Have to catch me first. Scared shitless always outruns mad as hell." -- Sinistrum

"Some days I'm happy Frenzy doesn't live next door." -- Tamyrlin

"So Frenzy is a scientist then?" -- Davian
"Well duh. An Evil scientist. " -- Khoram
Old 08-20-2014, 02:33 AM
Elder

rand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant future

I think the only real theory I came up with completely on my own was that Demandred was posing as Janduin to rule over the red-veiled Aiel. Which I still think would have been cooler than him being some random guy in Shara we'd never heard of before.
Old 08-20-2014, 04:02 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

I had the "Demandred is an Aiel clan chief" theory, which at the moment seems shaky. But there's another book coming, so there is still a possibility that I was right.
Old 08-20-2014, 09:19 AM
Hero of the Horn

ShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond repute

The only one that comes to mind at the moment is the Seanchan woman helping Egwene up from slipping down the mountain in her Dream being Egeanin not Amaresu, one of the Heroes of the Horn.
Old 10-02-2014, 02:57 AM
Elder

Lupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud ofLupusdeusest has much to be proud of

My since-WH pet one nearly got fulfilled... that Elayne would be brutally almost killed, the babies torn from her in a healthy state via (a rather crude) c-section, and then murdered in front of her during her last breath. The hot iron would be involved somewhere.

So close...

"Yeah, but obviously the Great Serpent doesn't have an actual corpse which would be of any help in strangling Rand al'Thor; for a start, if there was an actual serpent encircling the world, it would be monumentally huge, and trying to strangle someone with it would lead more to a sort of crushing." - Zombie Sammael

Selective Necrophiliac
Old 10-02-2014, 04:57 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lupusdeusest View Post
My since-WH pet one nearly got fulfilled... that Elayne would be brutally almost killed, the babies torn from her in a healthy state via (a rather crude) c-section, and then murdered in front of her during her last breath. The hot iron would be involved somewhere.

So close...
Timing ...

Which makes me wonder, and I think someone should ask Team Jordan this: what would have happened if not Olver but Bela had blown the Horn of Valere?
Old 10-10-2014, 10:40 AM
Elder

Daekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond repute
Default thwarted!

My favourite pet theory was about Lan.

I had this idea that there was a reason he was being built up as the best swordsman in the land. It hinged on the fact he seemed to have little trouble with fades.

Then the books gave us "super fade" shadar haran. I suggested that Lan would kill him at the last battle and be instrumental in the defeat of the DO's forces.

Little did i know that SH would be unceremoniously discarded. Its a shame too as the scene of Lan in the blight "he was the wind" would have been a savage set up for it too.

Instead, we have demandred show up in a rather silly way and Lan killed him. So in one way i was right but in another i still feel jipped.

I wrote that in '06 on the main page i think.

Also, Rhuarc and Berelain being DF's. Damn.

He just got carried away a bit this time, probably as a result of his marriage-gonzothegreat

Son of Nazbaque, Lord of Fire
Old 10-15-2014, 02:52 PM
Hero of the Horn

SauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to SauceyBlueConfetti

Siuan was a darkfriend

I had it nailed down. I think RJ waffled on it.
Yeah. Murderous Saucey. My superhero name
I am Detroit. You REALLY wanna call me wimpy?
Haphazardly Spell & Fact Checked Since June 2001
Old 10-15-2014, 02:56 PM
Hero of the Horn

SauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond reputeSauceyBlueConfetti has a reputation beyond repute

Moraine would:

use her voice as music in Finn-land as one of the tools of escape (her voice always described as musical)

and/or

she would return in another body but Siuan would recognize her when she channeled as they shared a bond that created an aura when channeling. (The visible aura was a weird RJism from EotW that he kind of explained away later when people questioned it)

And Mat and Elayne were supposed to end up together

And Egwene's father was a darkfriend
Old 10-17-2014, 10:22 AM
Elder

Daekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SauceyBlueConfetti View Post
Siuan was a darkfriend

I had it nailed down. I think RJ waffled on it.
Hey Saucey, did you write this theory? Where can I find it?

I toyed with this idea myself in the early 00's...

He just got carried away a bit this time, probably as a result of his marriage-gonzothegreat

Son of Nazbaque, Lord of Fire
Old 10-17-2014, 03:18 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekyras View Post
Hey Saucey, did you write this theory? Where can I find it?

I toyed with this idea myself in the early 00's...
Never submitted it officially. It is in bits/pieces in various, VERY OLD, threads.

The most coalesced discussion is here: Darkfriend Recruitment with my posts started at #26

EDITED TO ADD: a dragonburned fool had a nice little thread database, but all the links are dead from yuku, and I don't see vbulletin or ezboard links to those things. There was stuff there, I just cannot find it. : (

Last edited by SauceyBlueConfetti; 10-17-2014 at 04:02 PM.
Old 10-17-2014, 04:04 PM
Elder

Weiramon has a reputation beyond reputeWeiramon has a reputation beyond reputeWeiramon has a reputation beyond reputeWeiramon has a reputation beyond reputeWeiramon has a reputation beyond reputeWeiramon has a reputation beyond reputeWeiramon has a reputation beyond reputeWeiramon has a reputation beyond reputeWeiramon has a reputation beyond reputeWeiramon has a reputation beyond reputeWeiramon has a reputation beyond repute

Aye, countless are the number of false theories of being a Friend . . . a Darkfriend, I mean.

Invariably false, burn my soul.
Old 02-09-2015, 10:13 PM
Hero of the Horn

Callandor has a reputation beyond reputeCallandor has a reputation beyond reputeCallandor has a reputation beyond reputeCallandor has a reputation beyond reputeCallandor has a reputation beyond reputeCallandor has a reputation beyond reputeCallandor has a reputation beyond reputeCallandor has a reputation beyond reputeCallandor has a reputation beyond reputeCallandor has a reputation beyond reputeCallandor has a reputation beyond repute
Default Dead Ends

Sheriam was not being beaten by Delana (and that Sheriam was not Black Ajah; boy was that one wrong).

That Verin went the Borderlanders in order to gather the armies of the north for Rand (don't worry, I like Jordan's better).

That the One Power was infinite (Jordan nixed that one if I recall; mine made way more sense though).

Probably a bunch more I forgot.

"I was cured, all right."
-A Clockwork Orange

"I'll see you on the dark side of the Moon."
-Pink Floyd

The Stone of Tear
Old 02-12-2015, 04:52 PM
Youngling

fionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant future

My biggest was that "reality" was but a fold of the Creator, maintained as Egwene/Ishamael would maintained a "dreamshard" (we didn't have this word then, and I still think its a ridiculous crossover word). The Dark One's effect on this reality is because he's forcing his own "thoughts" on the Creator's vision. Here's the link.

http://www.theoryland.com/vbulletin/...hp/t-6982.html

This part kind of came through. I still think what Rand and the DO did was something like this. And I think Rand's newly awakened powers are because he realized that reality was basically just TAR.

Other parts of this theory were falsified, though. I thought (still think) that the Horn of Valere basically creates a sameness between TAR and the real world (rather like how Egwene did in LoC, but on a much much grander scale), and then is able to draw out the Heroes into the real world, somewhat like Moghedien in tFoH.

I thought that's how Rand would defeat the DO. The Horn would be blown, and Perrin and Egwene would hold the fork of reality it created with the help of the Heroes, and they would use this to travel through the blight. When they reached SG, Rand would enter the Pit to face the DO, while the Heroes, Egwene and Perrin kept the power of the freed Dark One at bay, and from changing the world in his image. That obviously didn't happen, though I think it would definitely have been a cooler ending than what we got.
Old 02-12-2015, 09:56 PM
Hero of the Horn

Ivhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Ivhon Send a message via Yahoo to Ivhon

Fain would be the avatar of the DO in the last battle.

Proud owner of the first post on TL's VBulletin forum (sorry...I had ta )

Greeter Emeritus
Old 02-12-2015, 10:03 PM
Ancient

Kimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by fionwe1987 View Post
My biggest was that "reality" was but a fold of the Creator, maintained as Egwene/Ishamael would maintained a "dreamshard" (we didn't have this word then, and I still think its a ridiculous crossover word). The Dark One's effect on this reality is because he's forcing his own "thoughts" on the Creator's vision. Here's the link.

http://www.theoryland.com/vbulletin/...hp/t-6982.html

This part kind of came through. I still think what Rand and the DO did was something like this. And I think Rand's newly awakened powers are because he realized that reality was basically just TAR.

Other parts of this theory were falsified, though. I thought (still think) that the Horn of Valere basically creates a sameness between TAR and the real world (rather like how Egwene did in LoC, but on a much much grander scale), and then is able to draw out the Heroes into the real world, somewhat like Moghedien in tFoH.

I thought that's how Rand would defeat the DO. The Horn would be blown, and Perrin and Egwene would hold the fork of reality it created with the help of the Heroes, and they would use this to travel through the blight. When they reached SG, Rand would enter the Pit to face the DO, while the Heroes, Egwene and Perrin kept the power of the freed Dark One at bay, and from changing the world in his image. That obviously didn't happen, though I think it would definitely have been a cooler ending than what we got.
There was only one truly cool way to end it all:

I have won again, Lews Therin.

Although for the sake of accuracy perhaps - I have won at last, Lews Therin.
Old 02-13-2015, 02:09 AM
Elder

Rand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of light

My one theory about Rand's uncle shedding blood instead of Rand on Shayoul Ghul was pretty well nixed, even though Slayer was killed at the Pit of Doom.

My one other "theory" was that Rand would be able to live a nice quiet life without having to be the most important person in the world, with the fate of humanity on his shoulders. I more or less got that, though still not all that satisfied with the body swap thing.
Old 02-13-2015, 09:41 AM
Hero of the Horn

WinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to WinespringBrother

I fell in with the Roedrandred crowd lol, though I had originally theorized that Demandred was hiding somewhere off-screen away from Aes Sedai populated lands (http://www.theoryland.com/theories.p...ec=54&theo=854) so this is a decent theory relapsed into a false one lol

"Oh, y'all [Theorylanders] are awesome with awesome sauce, but you ask a lot of tricky questions. I had to watch myself with you guys." - Maria

"I need to RAFO more things, I'm not being very Robert Jordan..." - Brandon
Old 02-16-2015, 06:44 PM
Youngling

Southpaw2012 is a jewel in the roughSouthpaw2012 is a jewel in the roughSouthpaw2012 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinespringBrother View Post
I fell in with the Roedrandred crowd lol, though I had originally theorized that Demandred was hiding somewhere off-screen away from Aes Sedai populated lands (http://www.theoryland.com/theories.p...ec=54&theo=854) so this is a decent theory relapsed into a false one lol
Terez had me 99% convinced.