art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > WHEEL OF TIME FORUMS > General Wheel of Time Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 03-04-2015, 03:05 PM
Elder

rand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant future
Default rand's WoT TV series episdoe guide

Hey. So, I'm pretty much done writing up all 80 episodes (8 seasons of 10 episodes each). I had to cut some stuff, obviously, but surprisingly little I think. I'm gonna start posting the episodes here, but it will probably take a while as I'm revising each one as I go through it again.

Just a few random notes:

-I took 5 minutes out of each episode to account for credits, previews for the next week, reminders of the last episode, etc. It would also be neat to show a quote from the Prophecies before each episode, though I'm not sure you could pick a different one for all 80 episodes. So the times next to each scene should add up to 55:00.

-I use the word "montage" a lot (ie, "montage of Emond's Field (1:00)"), and by that I mean random shots of the scenery to establish the location, mood, etc. Or if the characters are traveling, just several shots of different locations to show them moving along. I have no idea if there's a better term for this, but "montage" is what I used throughout.

-I didn't even bother trying to account for budget when making these episodes. CGI and character-wise, the first 3 seasons should be relatively cheap (compared to the later ones), so if the show does well enough throughout the first three it'll hopefully accumulate a budget that will allow for more CGI and more characters in the later seasons.

-Most of the episodes titles are just chapter titles from the books. I think Terez said she did the same thing, so I'm guessing a lot of them will be the same as some are kind of obvious ones to pick for certain episodes.

I think that's all for now. I'll post the first few episodes in a little bit. Let me know what you think.

Edit: Damn, guess I can't edit the typo in the thread title...
Old 03-04-2015, 03:09 PM
Elder

rand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant futurerand has a brilliant future

Season 1, Episode 1

“An Empty Road”

-LTT Prologue (5:30)
-Rand + Tam walk thru woods toward town, Rand sees the Fade, Tam talks of void (3:30)
-montage of Emond’s Field (1:00)
-they ride thru town, arrive at Winespring, meet Bran and Mat (3:00)
-Padan Fain arrives with news of Logain (2:00)
-Rand convo w/ Mat, Perrin joins them (2:30)
-Egwene joins the discussion, pulls Rand aside (1:30)
-Nynaeve appears, talks to Rand + others (1:30)
-Thom appears, they all listen to his stories (adds context to prologue w/ story of LTT) (3:00)
-Moiraine + Lan appear, watch Thom’s tales, Moiraine gives 3 boys coins (2:30)
-village council + Fain reappear (from inside inn), Tam + Rand head back home (2:00)
-montage of arrival at al’Thor farm (:30)
-Rand + Tam eat, Tam brings out sword for Rand (3:00)
-Trollocs burst in door, Tam holds them off, Rand flees outside (2:00)
-Rand outside, finds Tam; he’s hurt (1:30)
-Rand goes back in w/ sword, kills a Trolloc (no convo w/ it), gets supplies (2:00)
-Rand tends to Tam (1:00)
-montage of travel thru woods at night, they see Trollocs, Fade (1:00)
-Rand listens to Tam’s fever ramblings (2:30)
-arrival; montage of destruction in the village; brief convo w/ Master Luhhan (1:00)
-Nynaeve (w/ Egwene) says she can’t help Tam (1:30)
-Rand brings Tam to inn, convo w/ Bran, Mat, Perrin, Thom (2:30)
-finds Moiraine + Lan on Green, asks Moiraine to help Tam (2:00)
-Moiraine Heals Tam; Lan tells Rand about Trollocs, Fades; eyes Rand’s sword (3:00)
-Moiraine tells Rand they must leave the village w/ Mat + Perrin (2:00)
-Rand’s dream (1:30)

Notes:
-I was originally going to move the prologue as a flashback during Thom’s storytelling, but I decided to keep it where it was and use Thom’s stories as a way to give the prologue more context.
-I cut stuff like Ewin Fingar, Cenn Buie, and the encounter with Daise + Wit Congar, but everything else is pretty much kept intact.
-Fain names Logain directly so there’s no need to learn that news later.
-Village’s reaction to Logain news should set up outburst at Moiraine in next episode.
-The Trolloc Rand kills isn't Narg, and it doesn't talk to him.
-This is essentially the same format I used for all 80 episodes, if anyone was wondering.
Old 03-04-2015, 03:20 PM
Elder

Daekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rand View Post
Season 1, Episode 1

“An Empty Road”

-LTT Prologue (5:30)
-Rand + Tam walk thru woods toward town, Rand sees the Fade, Tam talks of void (3:30)
-montage of Emond’s Field (1:00)
-they ride thru town, arrive at Winespring, meet Bran and Mat (3:00)
-Padan Fain arrives with news of Logain (2:00)
-Rand convo w/ Mat, Perrin joins them (2:30)
-Egwene joins the discussion, pulls Rand aside (1:30)
-Nynaeve appears, talks to Rand + others (1:30)
-Thom appears, they all listen to his stories (adds context to prologue w/ story of LTT) (3:00)
-Moiraine + Lan appear, watch Thom’s tales, Moiraine gives 3 boys coins (2:30)
-village council + Fain reappear (from inside inn), Tam + Rand head back home (2:00)
-montage of arrival at al’Thor farm (:30)
-Rand + Tam eat, Tam brings out sword for Rand (3:00)
-Trollocs burst in door, Tam holds them off, Rand flees outside (2:00)
-Rand outside, finds Tam; he’s hurt (1:30)
-Rand goes back in w/ sword, kills a Trolloc (no convo w/ it), gets supplies (2:00)
-Rand tends to Tam (1:00)
-montage of travel thru woods at night, they see Trollocs, Fade (1:00)
-Rand listens to Tam’s fever ramblings (2:30)
-arrival; montage of destruction in the village; brief convo w/ Master Luhhan (1:00)
-Nynaeve (w/ Egwene) says she can’t help Tam (1:30)
-Rand brings Tam to inn, convo w/ Bran, Mat, Perrin, Thom (2:30)
-finds Moiraine + Lan on Green, asks Moiraine to help Tam (2:00)
-Moiraine Heals Tam; Lan tells Rand about Trollocs, Fades; eyes Rand’s sword (3:00)
-Moiraine tells Rand they must leave the village w/ Mat + Perrin (2:00)
-Rand’s dream (1:30)

Notes:
-I was originally going to move the prologue as a flashback during Thom’s storytelling, but I decided to keep it where it was and use Thom’s stories as a way to give the prologue more context.
-I cut stuff like Ewin Fingar, Cenn Buie, and the encounter with Daise + Wit Congar, but everything else is pretty much kept intact.
-Fain names Logain directly so there’s no need to learn that news later.
-Village’s reaction to Logain news should set up outburst at Moiraine in next episode.
-The Trolloc Rand kills isn't Narg, and it doesn't talk to him.
-This is essentially the same format I used for all 80 episodes, if anyone was wondering.
Great stuff rand. Well done. Seems pretty tight on pacing to me.

He just got carried away a bit this time, probably as a result of his marriage-gonzothegreat

Son of Nazbaque, Lord of Fire
Old 03-04-2015, 03:23 PM
Ancient

Hugh the Hand is a glorious beacon of lightHugh the Hand is a glorious beacon of lightHugh the Hand is a glorious beacon of lightHugh the Hand is a glorious beacon of lightHugh the Hand is a glorious beacon of lightHugh the Hand is a glorious beacon of lightHugh the Hand is a glorious beacon of light

why cut Narg and the Trolloc talking to him?

Lan found this to be very important, and I think kinda adds to why Rand and the boys are important.

but all of it appears streamlined and good, even cutting Narg was more a question than complaint

O
Old 03-04-2015, 03:29 PM
Elder

Thanks for the comments.

I cut Narg mostly because it seems like an isolated incident. If Trollocs regularly talked to people (or talked at all, really) in later books, I might have kept it. I also think Lan can tell Rand all he needs to know about Trollocs and Fades without hearing about Rand talking with one. It would be easy enough to add him back in, though. There's plenty of wiggle room in the first few episodes for stuff like that.
Old 03-04-2015, 03:46 PM
Elder

Season 1, Episode 2

“Tellings of the Wheel”

-Rand wakes, convo w/ Tam (3:00)
-Rand goes downstairs, convo w/ Mat, Perrin, Lan (1:30)
-they watch Moiraine tell Manetheren story, disperse angry villagers (4:00)
-meeting in stable, Egwene and Thom arrive (4:00)
-montage of them leaving Emond’s Field (1:00)
-Rand convo w/ Egwene re. their journey (1:30)
-montage of journey along North Road (1:00)
-they see a Draghkar flying, Moiraine explains it (1:30)
-they pass Watch Hill, Mat + Perrin banter about inn there (1:00)
-Moiraine Heals everyone, Bela is fine (2:00)
-they’re chased by Draghkar, Moiraine creates fog to hide them until they reach Taren Ferry (1:30)
-they cross Taren River w/ out incident (1:30)
-boys reflect on their “adventure,” Thom laughs at them (1:30)
-montage of their journey north (1:30)
-boys practice fighting w/ Lan (2:30)
-Moiraine tells Egwene she can channel (2:00)
-Rand eavesdrops on Moiraine talking to Egwene (explanation of OP, 5 powers, saidin vs. saidar, taint, etc.) (3:30)
-arrival at Baerlon, montage of town, ride to the inn (1:30)
-they meet innkeeper, see Min talk w/ Moiraine briefly (1:30)
-discussion of news in private dining room (2:30)
-Rand’s first Ba’alzamon dream (4:00)
-wakes up, brief convo w/ Mat and Perrin, goes out for walk (1:30)
-meets Min, hears viewings (3:30)
-Rand wanders around town, sees Fain briefly, bumps in Dain while chasing after Fain (3:00)
-meets Thom, tells him about the dream (2:00)
-meets Mat and Perrin back at inn, they say Nynaeve has found them (1:00)

Notes:
-Just another explanation of my montage thing… When I say “montage of their journey north (1:30)” I don’t mean we see shots of them traveling for a minute and a half straight before moving on with the story. That 90 seconds can be broken up into segments and stuck wherever it’s needed for the best pacing.
-I cut the whole problem of trying the cross the Taren River. I figure they can just show up and cross on the ferry on their own.
-I cut the bath scene. They can discuss any news they’ve learned in the private dining room scene.
-To make things simpler, the innkeeper is unnamed and unimportant. He doesn’t necessarily need to know Moiraine and Lan.
Old 03-04-2015, 03:59 PM
Ancient

Hugh the Hand is a glorious beacon of lightHugh the Hand is a glorious beacon of lightHugh the Hand is a glorious beacon of lightHugh the Hand is a glorious beacon of lightHugh the Hand is a glorious beacon of lightHugh the Hand is a glorious beacon of lightHugh the Hand is a glorious beacon of light

Would this not be a good time to do a grand battle scene? IE have Moiraine narrate the Shattering of the Sword?

This could cost a bit, but would draw people in, specially if the first Episode is a two hour show.
Old 03-04-2015, 04:05 PM
Ancient

Kimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond repute

If this series ever does get made, the casting department will have a bit of a problem with Min and Elayne. Each will basically just be in just one episode (maybe two) the first season without writing them into other bits. Yet both become much more important starting with the second book, but then Min is almost completely neglected for the next two books, only to become massively important from tFoH on. Convincing actresses to take these roles with any assurance of sticking around will be a nightmare.
Old 03-04-2015, 04:19 PM
Ancient

GoT has just replaced actors, sometimes for the better, sometimes not, and that show's plot and overall draw has carried it.

For Elayne, you can use a filler for season one, or heck I can see a why she is written out of the season all together, you can show her garden scene with rand via flashback in second season, and just show rand in front of the queen in season one

Min, well you have a point there.

Again you can cut her from season one, show her introduction in 2 and her meeting rand in FB. ie all three girls gossiping over him.

But after that she is important in Book 2, not really in 3, kinda in 4 and then important in 5
Old 03-04-2015, 04:19 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

I think they can pull it off. The material is there to assure the importance of the roles later on. In my outline, they would have to cast everyone who accompanied Siuan to Fal Dara, or many of them anyway, just for the last episode of the first season. It's not customary, but the reasons for the custom are pretty weak and not impossible to overcome.
Old 03-04-2015, 04:22 PM
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh the Hand View Post
Would this not be a good time to do a grand battle scene? IE have Moiraine narrate the Shattering of the Sword?

This could cost a bit, but would draw people in, specially if the first Episode is a two hour show.
Maybe. I'm not really planning on any 2 hour episodes until the last season, where I'll try to fit the Last Battle chapter into a double episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimon View Post
If this series ever does get made, the casting department will have a bit of a problem with Min and Elayne. Each will basically just be in just one episode (maybe two) the first season without writing them into other bits. Yet both become much more important starting with the second book, but then Min is almost completely neglected for the next two books, only to become massively important from tFoH on. Convincing actresses to take these roles with any assurance of sticking around will be a nightmare.
I have Min and Elayne reappearing in episode 4 of season 2 (unless I revise it), and they'd be pretty constant after that. I tried to give Min more screen time than she gets in the books so people wouldn't forget about her (ie, spacing out her scenes in the WT, her journey to Salidar, etc.)
Old 03-04-2015, 04:27 PM
Elder

Season 1, Episode 3

“Shadow’s Waiting”

-Rand enters private dining room, awkward convo with Nynaeve and Moiraine, Lan surprised Nynaeve tracked them (3:30)
-Nynaeve talks privately w/ Rand afterward (2:30)
-Rand goes to the common room, listens to Thom’s story (2:00)
-everyone dances; Rand dances with Nynaeve, then Moiraine (2:00)
-Rand encounters a Fade on way to bed (2:00)
-discussion in stable yard with Moiraine, Lan, Nynaeve; Nynaeve agrees to go for now (3:00)
-montage of flight thru Baerlon; they see the inn burning behind them (2:00)
-they meet Dain + WCs at the gate, Moiraine scares them with an Illusion (2:30)
-montage of journey down Caemlyn road; passage of days (2:00)
-Lan tells them of Trolloc pursuit (1:30)
-they run initially away from Trollocs (1:00)
-Lan, Rand, Mat, Perrin, Thom fight the Trollocs; Mat’s Old Tongue (3:00)
-Moiraine uses OP to kill more Trollocs (1:30)
-Moiraine mentions Mat’s Old Tongue, “old blood” (1:30)
-they debate seeking shelter in Shadar Logoth (2:00)
-approach to Shadar Logoth (1:00)
-they enter the city, montage of travel to shelter in it, Moiraine creates wards (2:00)
-Nynaeve tries to use herbs on Moiraine (1:30)
-boys sneak off (1:00)
-montage of their exploration (1:30)
-they meet Mordeth, mentions treasure (1:30)
-Moiraine tells Egwene and Nynaeve the boys will likely die if they don’t return by nightfall, or if they enter a building (1:30)
-boys go to treasure room w/ Mordeth, Mat takes dagger, no shadow, Mordeth flees (2:30)
-montage of their race back thru the city, unseen eyes watch them (2:00)
-Moiraine explains Shadar Logoth’s history, Mordeth (3:30)
-hear Trollocs, leave shelter (1:00)
-wander city, see Mashadar, fight/flee from Trollocs, everyone becomes separated (4:00)

Notes:
-I added a “new” scene of Moiraine and co. back in their shelter while the boys are still with Mordeth.
-I’m not really sure how to accomplish the unseen eyes stuff, short of showing ghostly eyes in all the windows, or the boys telling each other they feel them.
Old 03-04-2015, 05:48 PM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

This is going on premium cable kids...we're gonna need to spice it up a bit. I think you're forgetting the scene in Baerlon where Min helps Moiraine and Egwene bathe and then when she does the same thing for Nynaeve. They could have some expository dialogue about Tar Valon and the White Tower there so it's legit plot stuff...you know, classy.

And then maybe a dream sequence where Rand fantasizes about Egwene and it gets all hot and steamy again for a bit...you know, to demonstrate to the audience how deeply he cares about her and strengthen that character development.

So I'm gonna need to see some rewrites, k?

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot
Old 03-04-2015, 06:28 PM
Elder

Daekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davian93 View Post
This is going on premium cable kids...we're gonna need to spice it up a bit. I think you're forgetting the scene in Baerlon where Min helps Moiraine and Egwene bathe and then when she does the same thing for Nynaeve. They could have some expository dialogue about Tar Valon and the White Tower there so it's legit plot stuff...you know, classy.

And then maybe a dream sequence where Rand fantasizes about Egwene and it gets all hot and steamy again for a bit...you know, to demonstrate to the audience how deeply he cares about her and strengthen that character development.

So I'm gonna need to see some rewrites, k?
We don't call them rewrites over here. But I'm with you Dav, we need to see some big bouncy...rewrites.

He just got carried away a bit this time, probably as a result of his marriage-gonzothegreat

Son of Nazbaque, Lord of Fire
Old 03-04-2015, 06:30 PM
Elder

Those will be included in the extended edition DVD box set. We'll also get to see Bran and Marin doing it on a table in the background as everyone watches Moiraine tell her Manetheren story.

Later on in the WT, Egwene and Nynaeve will be having a conversation while strolling through the novice quarters, and through all the open doors in the background we'll get to see the pillow friends in action.

Plus the Accepted tests will have plenty of boobs and spankings.
Old 03-04-2015, 07:22 PM
Youngling

fionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant future

Quote:
-I cut the bath scene. They can discuss any news they’ve learned in the private dining room scene.
I'd switch the news to the bath. TV shows in fantasy worlds seem to be very fond of baths, it seems.
Old 03-04-2015, 07:29 PM
Youngling

fionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant future

Jokes aside, I think exposition is going to be the major issue. You've done a really good job of compacting Emond's Field to Shadar Logoth in three episodes. But you don't really get a sense for the characters here. We know them very well, so the lack of scenes just dedicated to normal character interactions is fine. But for the millions who will watch this who haven't read the books, that just doesn't work.

For example, I would definitely show Moiraine sinking the ferry. It serves several purposes. It reemphasizes that the EFers have some reason to view Aes Sedai with fear. And how Egwene and Rand react to this is pretty important in setting the stage for their future references. Egwene is scared of the event, but isn't scared off Moiraine. Rand, however, feels alienated from Moiraine by this, and that explains his reaction to Egwene possibly becoming Aes Sedai.

It will also make Nynaeve come across as a lot more sympathetic later on.
Old 03-04-2015, 08:30 PM
Elder

Yeah, unfortunately I can't include everything. This will be more apparent in later episodes. As for your specific example, though, I think you can convey their attitudes about Moiraine easily enough just by facial expression. When Moiraine kills as the Shadowspawn outside Shadar Logoth, for example, Rand, Mat, and Perrin can look on with horror, Egwene with awe, and Nynaeve with disgust. They don't even need to say much of anything to get these points across. I agree, though. A lot of these little things will be lost in the transition to screen, but unfortunately that's pretty much inevitable.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:01 PM
Elder

Season 1, Episode 4

“Flight Down the Arinelle”

-Rand finds Mat, they leave the city and find Thom (2:30)
-Perrin + Egwene meet, they leave the city (2:30)
-Rand + co. escape Trollocs, get on boat, boom on boat moves by itself to knock off Trolloc (2:30)
-convo w/ Bayle Domon, he agrees to take them with him (3:00)
-Perrin + Egwene outrun Trollocs to river, cross it in the dark, start a camp on the other side (2:30)
-(next day) Nynaeve finds Moiraine + Lan, discovers she can channel too (5:00)
-Perrin + Egwene discuss their situation; she tries to use OP to start their fire (2:30)
-Perrin + Egwene meet Elyas and wolves, Wolfbrother explanation (5:00)
-Rand has a Ba’alzamon dream (3:00)
-montage of their flight down the Arinelle in Domon’s ship (1:30)
-Thom teaches Rand + Mat how to juggle, play flute for the crew (2:30)
-Rand balancing on the mast incident (2:00)
-Rand discovers Mat has the dagger, short convo about it (1:30)
-Domon talks about Tower of Ghenjei, wonders of the world (3:00)
-they arrive at Whitebridge, farewell to Domon + crew (3:00)
-Elyas, Perrin, Egwene traveling, Perrin convo w/ Elyas re. wolves, starts to talk to them (3:30)
-montage of journey through Whitebridge (1:00)
-Rand, Mat, and Thom have convo with an innkeeper in an inn (2:30)
-they climb through window when they see some of Domon’s crew talking about them + Trollocs (1:00)
-Thom tells Owyn’s story as they hide in an alley behind the inn (2:30)
-Thom attacks approaching Fade, Rand + Mat run out of city (2:30)

Notes:
-I’m not really sure I like the episode title, but couldn’t really think of a better one (I used “Wolfbrother” for the next episode)
-I cut Floran Gelb, he’s not really important.
-The scene with Elyas and Perrin walking and talking about wolves is pretty much made up, though the dialogue would be taken from other parts of the book.
Old 03-04-2015, 09:20 PM
Ancient

Kimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Season 1, Episode 4

“Flight Down the Arinelle”

-Rand finds Mat, they leave the city and find Thom (2:30)
-Perrin + Egwene meet, they leave the city (2:30)
-Rand + co. escape Trollocs, get on boat, boom on boat moves by itself to knock off Trolloc (2:30)
-convo w/ Bayle Domon, he agrees to take them with him (3:00)
-Perrin + Egwene outrun Trollocs to river, cross it in the dark, start a camp on the other side (2:30)
-(next day) Nynaeve finds Moiraine + Lan, discovers she can channel too (5:00)
-Perrin + Egwene discuss their situation; she tries to use OP to start their fire (2:30)
-Perrin + Egwene meet Elyas and wolves, Wolfbrother explanation (5:00)
-Rand has a Ba’alzamon dream (3:00)
-montage of their flight down the Arinelle in Domon’s ship (1:30)
-Thom teaches Rand + Mat how to juggle, play flute for the crew (2:30)
-Rand balancing on the mast incident (2:00)
-Rand discovers Mat has the dagger, short convo about it (1:30)
-Domon talks about Tower of Ghenjei, wonders of the world (3:00)
-they arrive at Whitebridge, farewell to Domon + crew (3:00)
-Elyas, Perrin, Egwene traveling, Perrin convo w/ Elyas re. wolves, starts to talk to them (3:30)
-montage of journey through Whitebridge (1:00)
-Rand, Mat, and Thom have convo with an innkeeper in an inn (2:30)
-they climb through window when they see some of Domon’s crew talking about them + Trollocs (1:00)
-Thom tells Owyn’s story as they hide in an alley behind the inn (2:30)
-Thom attacks approaching Fade, Rand + Mat run out of city (2:30)

Notes:
-I’m not really sure I like the episode title, but couldn’t really think of a better one (I used “Wolfbrother” for the next episode)
-I cut Floran Gelb, he’s not really important.
-The scene with Elyas and Perrin walking and talking about wolves is pretty much made up, though the dialogue would be taken from other parts of the book.
Why not just call it Whitebridge.

Are you planning on fewer than 10 episodes, because It seems like you're rushing through the book quite quickly? You have Thom's exit already at the end of this episode, which is the conclusion of Chapter 26 (Whitebridge). That isn't much screen time for Thom. I'd have his assumed death as the halfway point in the season.