art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > WHEEL OF TIME FORUMS > General Wheel of Time Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 06-15-2015, 10:03 PM
Youngling

SwannMadeleine is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wheel of Time (HBO) - TV Series (Fan Adaptation)

I've come to a decision as a side project while I get ready to start university in September, to create my own adaptation of The Wheel of Time series as if the showrunners of Game of Thrones, D.B. Weiss and David Benioff decided to make it into a TV series for HBO. Of course, this would mean that GOT probably wouldn't have happen in this but obviously this is just a bit of fun for me and hopefully for you guys, who I hope will read the scripts etc.

I'm currently working on the first episode, which is entitled "Winternight", and I've pretty much cast the entire first season, with a couple of characters as well as some characters that'll turn up in future seasons. The first season is based on 'The Eye of the World'. Here is the list for the cast of Season 1, if you're interested:

(SIDE NOTE: I understand that a lot of these actors are from GOT, but I can really imagine them as the characters. Please let me know if I've forgotten anyone)

CAST LIST: http://www.imdb.com/list/ls074033128/

I've also created a poster for the season as well as an entire wikia page dedicated to the adaptation with as much information as needed. Information regarding "Winternight", the first episode, is already up.

WIKIA: http://wheel-of-time...l_of_Time_Wikia

POSTER:

Thank you for reading my poster. Please feel free to respond below and I hope most of you are as excited as I am.
Old 06-16-2015, 04:16 AM
Elder

Daekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond repute

You think perrin can be played by ramsay Bolton?? I just can't see it.

What are you planning to do in college, media studies? Nice poster and even though a lot of people will give you short shrift for this I found it interesting little diversion.

now go make a new thread. Naz hasn't lit himself on fire in a while and I want marshmallows...

He just got carried away a bit this time, probably as a result of his marriage-gonzothegreat

Son of Nazbaque, Lord of Fire
Old 06-16-2015, 07:28 AM
Youngling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekyras View Post
You think perrin can be played by ramsay Bolton?? I just can't see it.

What are you planning to do in college, media studies? Nice poster and even though a lot of people will give you short shrift for this I found it interesting little diversion.

now go make a new thread. Naz hasn't lit himself on fire in a while and I want marshmallows...
Definitely, I think he could pull it off.

I live in the UK and I studied media in college and now I'm going university to study scriptwriting. I understand not everyone will agree with my cast choices but hopefully when they start reading the scripts they won't mind.
Old 06-16-2015, 08:11 AM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

interesting

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot

Last edited by Davian93; 06-16-2015 at 08:24 AM.
Old 06-16-2015, 05:22 PM
Elder

Daekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwannMadeleine View Post
Definitely, I think he could pull it off.

Do you think he can pile on about 3 stone of muscle????

He just got carried away a bit this time, probably as a result of his marriage-gonzothegreat

Old 06-16-2015, 07:50 PM
Youngling

Quote:
Do you think he can pile on about 3 stone of muscle????
I think the character can be toned down a bit. Iwan is quite muscley just not like Perrin in the novels.
Old 06-16-2015, 11:36 PM
Elder

Rand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
I think the character can be toned down a bit. Iwan is quite muscley just not like Perrin in the novels.
Well Perrin is large, and as a blacksmith, he's gonna need to have a well built upper body. Just kind of goes with the territory. I normally wouldn't suggest it, but whoever does play Perrin, should probably do some bodybuilding. Not extreme stuff, but enough to bulk up.
Old 06-17-2015, 04:45 AM
Youngling

Tomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant futureTomp has a brilliant future

I love Max von Sydow but he's to old to play such an agile person for so many years.
Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read. (Marx)
Old 06-17-2015, 08:07 AM
Youngling

Smile

If you want a more visual reference for the characters and cast I've chosen, check out the wikia page:

http://wheel-of-time.wikia.com/wiki/Wheel_of_Time_Wikia
Old 06-17-2015, 08:32 AM
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomp View Post
I love Max von Sydow but he's to old to play such an agile person for so many years.
I think we can all agree the only acceptable choice for Thom is Sam Elliot:

http://www.google.ie/imgres?imgurl=h...FegU2wodv9cAeQ

Old 06-17-2015, 09:35 AM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Also too old...sadly.

As Sam Elliot is awesome.

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot
Old 06-17-2015, 09:45 AM
Youngling

Is there casting people actually like specifically? I'm personally quite proud of my cast cause I haven't for too many big names just people I feel fit the roles yet still keeping to some extent the idea of what the characters look like in the source material.

Here's a more full cast (some of these are not final):

http://www.imdb.com/list/ls074047582/
Old 06-17-2015, 01:51 PM
Elder

Quote:
Is there casting people actually like specifically? I'm personally quite proud of my cast cause I haven't for too many big names just people I feel fit the roles yet still keeping to some extent the idea of what the characters look like in the source matecharacters. Here's a more full cast (some of these are not final):

http://www.imdb.com/list/ls074047582/
I don't know if there is specific casting that everyone can agree on or that is a concensus for the "preferred" but the majority of posters/readers/lurkers/gonzo on theoryland.com have been fans for a long time. They have inevitably thought their way through dream actors for certain characters.

Another poster had a blog about this a few years ago.

If you look through the members list for: "Tank spill" and click on thw link in his signaturehe had a full list of characters broken into different tiers of importance to the plot and his preferred choice of actor or actress and a couple of alternatives. It was very good. Not that yours is not!

And as for personal choices- we all vary and can have weird tastes. For example, I doubt anyone would guess who I have always mentally cast as Lan. I know he could pull it off as he is the consumate "leading man" but not an obvious Lan.

Old 06-17-2015, 06:53 PM
Youngling

Quote:
I don't know if there is specific casting that everyone can agree on or that is a concensus for the "preferred" but the majority of posters/readers/lurkers/gonzo on theoryland.com have been fans for a long time. They have inevitably thought their way through dream actors for certain characters.

Another poster had a blog about this a few years ago.

If you look through the members list for: "Tank spill" and click on thw link in his signaturehe had a full list of characters broken into different tiers of importance to the plot and his preferred choice of actor or actress and a couple of alternatives. It was very good. Not that yours is not!

And as for personal choices- we all vary and can have weird tastes. For example, I doubt anyone would guess who I have always mentally cast as Lan. I know he could pull it off as he is the consumate "leading man" but not an obvious Lan.
I very much appreciate that not everyones gonna agree, I just wondered what ones people did agree with. If any?
Old 06-17-2015, 07:26 PM
Elder

Quote:
I very much appreciate that not everyones gonna agree, I just wondered what ones people did agree with. If any?
Some of them are very good. Bayle domon is pretty much perfect. Brad dour if as padain fain?? I never considered him but now I can see it in my head so easily. Excellent. Loial is sweet casting too.

The main problems I see with yours are in age- martyr tallanvor is " too young" for Morgase. I put him at about 25. You cast Ian mcelhinney. a great actor but clearly too old. Or is some cases stature when it is a defining characteristic.

On another random point- the guy you picked as Logain would be perfect as Lan. As he looks like a younger Liam Neeson.

most importantly I'm impressed that you did this and am in no way trying to criticise you. I wouldn't/couldn't have done it. Everyone will have different opinions on the characters.

I kinda wish more posters would get in on this. Encourage talented new posters I say!

Old 06-17-2015, 08:06 PM
Youngling

Quote:
Some of them are very good. Bayle domon is pretty much perfect. Brad dour if as padain fain?? I never considered him but now I can see it in my head so easily. Excellent. Loial is sweet casting too.

The main problems I see with yours are in age- martyr tallanvor is " too young" for Morgase. I put him at about 25. You cast Ian mcelhinney. a great actor but clearly too old. Or is some cases stature when it is a defining characteristic.

On another random point- the guy you picked as Logain would be perfect as Lan. As he looks like a younger Liam Neeson.

most importantly I'm impressed that you did this and am in no way trying to criticise you. I wouldn't/couldn't have done it. Everyone will have different opinions on the characters.

I kinda wish more posters would get in on this. Encourage talented new posters I say!
I aged up both Morgase and Martyn's characters, just cause I felt that anyone younger wouldn't work with Elayne (Tamsin Egerton) being as old as she is, in my adaption anyway.
Old 06-17-2015, 09:39 PM
Elder

Quote:
I aged up both Morgase and Martyn's characters, just cause I felt that anyone younger wouldn't work with Elayne (Tamsin Egerton) being as old as she is, in my adaption anyway.
Big fan of camelot? I see quite the crossover in cast...

Old 06-17-2015, 09:41 PM
Youngling

Quote:
Big fan of camelot? I see quite the crossover in cast...
Yeah, loved it! Wish they did a second season.
Old 06-19-2015, 10:14 PM
Elder

Rand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of light

If only Sam Elliot were a decade or two younger, would be perfect for Thom (older mentor figure who won't just bumrush into anything, but can be quite deadly when the need arises).

For Faile, Oona Chaplin (Talisa Stark, Robb's wife from Game of Thrones) is about how I pictured Faile in my mind. Kind of a bold nose (like Faile), but not overly so.

The one sand snake in Game of Thrones who flashed her tits to Jaime might make a good Berelain. A determined young woman in power not afraid to use her looks to get what she wants.
Old 06-20-2015, 07:20 AM
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand al'Fain View Post

The one sand snake in Game of Thrones who flashed her tits to Jaime might make a good Berelain. A determined young woman in power not afraid to use her looks to get what she wants.
And as a bonus- incredibly attractive.