art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (1): bautaubogabr,

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - Non Wot Discussion Boards > Archived: Non WoT Discussion 03/2012 - 10/2015
User Name
Password

Old 08-26-2015, 01:06 AM
Lord of the Board

Tamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Tamyrlin
Default Hello, Non Wot

I understand from my recent "enjoyment" of a variety of threads, some clarification of a few things pertaining to Non Wot would be welcome. By the way, that was some crazy sh*t in the "The Terrorist Regime wins- Obama and Iran" post. I mean...eighteen pages of all sorts of crazy, and even a mashup of theories on Disney movies...and rehashing the Iraq war...just wow.

I'll try to keep this short and sweet:

Wot Moderators: Chosen

I thought this was well known: the five Mods who handle the Wheel of Time related forums are not responsible for Non Wot and Non Wot related moderation. That falls to Nae'blis, and at times that falls to me. It has been this way since the dawn of this particular forum category. The Wot Mods are fulfilling the duties we gave them. If you would like to see something work differently on the Wot related forums, respectfully offer up your time and energy to the Mods.

About Non Wot Moderation

We've taken a mostly hands off approach for over fifteen years to Non Wot and will likely continue to do so.

While I'm on this topic, I'd like to thank Nae'blis for all time spent fulfilling this thankless job for many, many years watching over the forums, tackling spam (fun times), and jumping in when necessary to put out the fires.

Other Stuff

Anti-Semites? No, there is not some anti-semite conspiracy among the moderators. By the way, don't expect that particular post to last much longer.

I'm happy to answer sincere, respectful concerns/questions.

And damn, Non Wot really needs a new board. I'll see what I can do about that.

Last edited by Tamyrlin; 08-26-2015 at 02:24 AM.
Old 08-26-2015, 08:52 AM
Elder

Daekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamyrlin View Post
Oh, a new board you say?

Would only certain people would be able to get to this board?

Maybe you could make it so that these individuals could only get to that board and could only post there?

It would need a name. Something that is catchy but shows of the exclusivity of this board which is hard to get to....That's it! We can call it the "get to" board.

Yes, the getto board. And people could be kept there for their own safe keeping.

I like how you have solved the problem tam. Yes, your solution is not perfect and may require a further draft. We could call that solution the fina....wait a minute- I'm on to you Tam.

He just got carried away a bit this time, probably as a result of his marriage-gonzothegreat

Son of Nazbaque, Lord of Fire
Old 08-26-2015, 10:36 AM
Hero of the Horn

ShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond repute

More than likely he means archiving the current one and making a new one.
Old 08-26-2015, 12:03 PM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

He didn't say so, and why hop (or jump, if you're so inclined) to conclusions?
Old 08-26-2015, 12:05 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Forums get archived when the list of page numbers wanders off the screen.
Old 08-26-2015, 12:16 PM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
Forums get archived when the list of page numbers wanders off the screen.
Which could obviously also be solved by buying bigger monitors.
Old 08-26-2015, 12:29 PM
Youngling

connabard is just really niceconnabard is just really niceconnabard is just really niceconnabard is just really niceconnabard is just really niceconnabard is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoTheGreat View Post
Which could obviously also be solved by buying bigger monitors.
Or increasing resolution, a much simpler fix, Gonzo.
Old 08-26-2015, 12:31 PM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Tam Lives!!!

Hi Tam!!!

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot
Old 08-26-2015, 12:37 PM
Elder

The Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
there is not some anti-semite conspiracy among the moderators.
I'd just like to say I'm embarrassed you even had to type those words.
Old 08-26-2015, 01:30 PM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unreasoner View Post
I'd just like to say I'm embarrassed you even had to type those words.
Of course, isn't this the response we'd expect from him if there indeed was a conspiracy?!?

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot
Old 08-26-2015, 01:57 PM
Lord of the Board

Tamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond reputeTamyrlin has a reputation beyond repute
Default Yup

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowbaneX View Post
More than likely he means archiving the current one and making a new one.
Archive and make a new one, either today or tomorrow.
Old 08-26-2015, 02:00 PM
Lord of the Board

Default Hi Dav!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davian93 View Post
Tam Lives!!!

Hi Tam!!!
I'm alive and the kids are back in school, so life is great. How have you been?
Old 08-26-2015, 02:04 PM
Hero of the Horn

Isabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Isabel

Welcome back Tam
Always some drama here
'Rand al'Thor, Nynaeve shrieked, that is the most outrageous thing I ever heard out of your mouth. The very idea of telling three women you love them! You are worse than a lecher. You apologize right now!'

Isabel sedai of the Green Ajah, Amyrlin of the Official Nynaeve Fanclub, first sister to Gennie Sedai of the Green Ajah, bonded to Camel, Wolf Gaidin, Jachthond and ghostrider.
Old 08-26-2015, 02:36 PM
Elder

Khoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant future

Wait... now that you're here, does this mean you're gonna grant Daek his wish?

Life is a dream from which we all must wake before we can dream again.

Al dival, al kiserai, al mashi! - For light, glory, and love!

Carai an manshimaya ayend'an! - Honor of my blade for the fallen.
Old 08-26-2015, 02:48 PM
Lord of the Board

Default Good point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khoram View Post
Wait... now that you're here, does this mean you're gonna grant Daek his wish?
While I'm around, I should get that done shouldn't I?
Old 08-26-2015, 02:50 PM
Lord of the Board

Default Hey Isa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabel View Post
Welcome back Tam
Always some drama here
You coming out to JordanCon next year?
Old 08-26-2015, 09:51 PM
Youngling

Southpaw2012 is a jewel in the roughSouthpaw2012 is a jewel in the roughSouthpaw2012 is a jewel in the rough

She's been skipping!
Old 08-26-2015, 09:55 PM
Hero of the Horn

Sodas has a spectacular aura aboutSodas has a spectacular aura aboutSodas has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
I understand from my recent "enjoyment" of a variety of threads, some clarification of a few things pertaining to Non Wot would be welcome. By the way, that was some crazy sh*t in the "The Terrorist Regime wins- Obama and Iran" post. I mean...eighteen pages of all sorts of crazy, and even a mashup of theories on Disney movies...and rehashing the Iraq war...just wow.

I'll try to keep this short and sweet:

Wot Moderators: Chosen

I thought this was well known: the five Mods who handle the Wheel of Time related forums are not responsible for Non Wot and Non Wot related moderation. That falls to Nae'blis, and at times that falls to me. It has been this way since the dawn of this particular forum category. The Wot Mods are fulfilling the duties we gave them. If you would like to see something work differently on the Wot related forums, respectfully offer up your time and energy to the Mods.

About Non Wot Moderation

We've taken a mostly hands off approach for over fifteen years to Non Wot and will likely continue to do so.

While I'm on this topic, I'd like to thank Nae'blis for all time spent fulfilling this thankless job for many, many years watching over the forums, tackling spam (fun times), and jumping in when necessary to put out the fires.

Other Stuff

Anti-Semites? No, there is not some anti-semite conspiracy among the moderators. By the way, don't expect that particular post to last much longer.

I'm happy to answer sincere, respectful concerns/questions.

I gather from this response that you are unconcerned that the EZboard terms of use was broken. That's fine, I'll go ahead with my previous plan of going to the ADL with this and Yuku.

I'm also glad the moderator team is not some "anti-Semitic conspiracy" even though I never used that term. Thanks a great deal. It's comforting to know where you stand.

I don't have any questions.

Mazrim Taim drew the eye. He was tall, with a strongly hooked nose and an air of physical strength about him. An air of darkness, too. He sat there with his ankles crossed and one arm hanging over the heavy arm of the throne, yet he seemed ready to explode into violence. Interestingly, though his black coat was embroidered with blue-and-gold dragons that twined around the sleeves from elbows to cuffs, he did not wear the collar pins.
Old 08-26-2015, 10:05 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodas View Post
I gather from this response that you are unconcerned that the EZboard terms of use was broken. That's fine, I'll go ahead with my previous plan of going to the ADL with this and Yuku.
LOL. In case you didn't notice, we're not on Yuku any more. We haven't been for years.
Old 08-26-2015, 10:09 PM
Hero of the Horn

Sodas has a spectacular aura aboutSodas has a spectacular aura aboutSodas has a spectacular aura about

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
LOL. In case you didn't notice, we're not on Yuku any more. We haven't been for years.
Yuku owns the rights to Ezboard.

Mazrim Taim drew the eye. He was tall, with a strongly hooked nose and an air of physical strength about him. An air of darkness, too. He sat there with his ankles crossed and one arm hanging over the heavy arm of the throne, yet he seemed ready to explode into violence. Interestingly, though his black coat was embroidered with blue-and-gold dragons that twined around the sleeves from elbows to cuffs, he did not wear the collar pins.