art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (1): schwassfore,

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Forum Archives > Archived - Non Wot Discussion Boards > Archived: Non WoT Discussion 03/2012 - 10/2015
User Name
Password

Old 09-29-2015, 08:18 PM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute
Default KS Declares Zombie Preparedness Month...

http://www.kansascity.com/news/gover...e36854715.html

Hmm...what does Gov Brownback know that we don't?

This is totally not a way to distract from his disastrous policies by tapping into a popular fictional subject at all...AT ALL.

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot
Old 09-29-2015, 09:23 PM
Hero of the Horn

Nazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond repute

"Make a disaster kit, have a plan and practice" he says. The only way to be sure to survive a zombie apocalypse is to have a harem of Japanese high school girls with swords and big boobs. Those don't exactly grow on trees.
Lord Captain Commander of Singing Chipmunks
Master of Nazgul Kitchen
Old 09-30-2015, 03:44 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

The swords can undoubtedly be purchased in Walmart. The rest ... well, it is Kansas, which is the Training Ground for the Land of Oz. So I do not see your objection as a really serious issue.
Old 09-30-2015, 04:10 AM
Hero of the Horn

Nazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoTheGreat View Post
The swords can undoubtedly be purchased in Walmart. The rest ... well, it is Kansas, which is the Training Ground for the Land of Oz. So I do not see your objection as a really serious issue.
If Oz could provide a harem of big boobed Japanese high school girls no one would say "there's no place like home"
Master of Nazgul Kitchen
Old 09-30-2015, 04:17 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

I'm not sure either Dorothy or Toto would've been really into that.
Old 09-30-2015, 04:50 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
I'm not sure either Dorothy or Toto would've been really into that.
That's what the harem nanny character is for. Way better than home.
Master of Nazgul Kitchen
Old 09-30-2015, 04:53 PM
Elder

Khoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant future

What other Highschool of the Dead tropes can we include? They also have to be extremely effective with firearms, be top-of-the-class students (well, some)...

Life is a dream from which we all must wake before we can dream again.

Al dival, al kiserai, al mashi! - For light, glory, and love!

Carai an manshimaya ayend'an! - Honor of my blade for the fallen.
Old 09-30-2015, 08:10 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khoram View Post
What other Highschool of the Dead tropes can we include? They also have to be extremely effective with firearms, be top-of-the-class students (well, some)...
The HOTD isn't a proper harem though. There is no trap character. That's why they are ultimately doomed and the series is on hiatus as the creators argue over adding the trap character and saving the world or leaving him out and dooming the world to make a philosophical point.
Master of Nazgul Kitchen
Old 09-30-2015, 08:26 PM
Elder

Rand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazbaque View Post
The HOTD isn't a proper harem though. There is no trap character. That's why they are ultimately doomed and the series is on hiatus as the creators argue over adding the trap character and saving the world or leaving him out and dooming the world to make a philosophical point.
They'll just make the trap a sentient zombie trap that has certain eccentricities and gets into awkward situations with the MC.
Old 09-30-2015, 08:37 PM
Elder

Khoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant future

Sentient zombies... So like people who follow Trump? Or do they even classify as sentient?

Old 09-30-2015, 08:38 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand al'Fain View Post
They'll just make the trap a sentient zombie trap that has certain eccentricities and gets into awkward situations with the MC.
Now that I didn't think of. I was expecting they'd get around it by having Takashi cross dress at some point.
Master of Nazgul Kitchen
Old 10-02-2015, 03:06 AM
Elder

Zombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond reputeZombie Sammael has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Zombie Sammael

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khoram View Post
Sentient zombies... So like people who follow Trump? Or do they even classify as sentient?
More racism, and I bet the mods will do nothing about it. *sigh*

Master of the lightnings, rider on the storm,
wearer of a crown of swords, spinner out of fate.
Who thinks he turns the Wheel of Time,
may learn the truth too late.

Light is held before the maw of the infinite void, and all that he is can be seized.

The one who Death has known
Old 10-02-2015, 04:32 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Sammael View Post
Was it racism or was it anti-Sammaeism?
I think we need an American to rule on that; they seem to be the only ones capable of spotting the distinction.

As an aside: from this thread I learned a (for me) new meaning for the word "trap". I wonder how many more such surprises Japan still has waiting for us.
Old 10-02-2015, 07:40 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
As an aside: from this thread I learned a (for me) new meaning for the word "trap". I wonder how many more such surprises Japan still has waiting for us.
Why Gonzo, do I detect curiosity for the wonderful world of manga and anime?
Master of Nazgul Kitchen
Old 10-02-2015, 08:50 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Why Gonzo, do I detect curiosity for the wonderful world of manga and anime?
Based on what I've seen from the Japanese, manga and anime are less surprising than some of the other things they come up with. Some of those things fall firmly in the "things Man wasn't meant to know" category, so I am not quite sure that "curiosity" is a good description for my attitude.

Last edited by GonzoTheGreat; 10-02-2015 at 08:52 AM.
Old 10-02-2015, 09:04 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Based on what I've seen from the Japanese, manga and anime are less surprising than some of the other things they come up with. Some of those things fall firmly in the "things Man wasn't meant to know" category, so I am not quite sure that "curiosity" is a good description for my attitude.
Well pretty much everything Japanese come up with ends up in manga and anime one way or another so you are in error there possibly by lack of experience.

It's true that some of the stuff is not for the faint of heart such as the concept of netorare. But then there is also stuff like this
Master of Nazgul Kitchen
Old 10-02-2015, 09:06 AM
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zombie Sammael View Post
I'm not racist! See? *pulls a zombie out from the cellar* Joe here is a close friend of mine. You can't call me racist if I have a zombie as a close friend!

*shoves Joe back in the cellar*

Old 10-02-2015, 09:17 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
But then there is also stuff like this
That sounds like something from the Eurovision Song Contest. Are you sure it's Japanese?
Old 10-02-2015, 09:42 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
That sounds like something from the Eurovision Song Contest. Are you sure it's Japanese?
You have no musical taste if you compare Kokia-sama to euruvision. But it is most definitely Japanese.
Master of Nazgul Kitchen
Old 10-02-2015, 09:57 AM
Hero of the Horn

yks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond reputeyks 6nnetu hing has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
You have no musical taste if you compare Kokia-sama to euruvision. But it is most definitely Japanese.
this aimed at someone who quotes Britney Spears for life lessons.

Naz, meet Gonzo

seriously though, people think weird things are "music"

Bonded to JWB

A fanatic is one who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.
-- Winston Churchill