art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (2): yeazeyedis, canadaexpeditio,

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Non WoT Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 11-19-2015, 04:21 PM
Elder

Rand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of light
Default Here's another reason not to vote for Trump

http://gawker.com/donald-trump-plans...s-i-1743547196

Sound familiar? A certain little mustached Austrian did something similar about 80 years ago to another group.
Old 11-19-2015, 06:01 PM
Elder

Daekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond repute

Ha, as if anything other then thinking "I would be voting for Donald trump" is needed to make you not vote that way?

He just got carried away a bit this time, probably as a result of his marriage-gonzothegreat

Son of Nazbaque, Lord of Fire
Old 11-19-2015, 06:28 PM
Elder

Rand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekyras View Post
Ha, as if anything other then thinking "I would be voting for Donald trump" is needed to make you not vote that way?
He, sadly, has a pretty good sized following.
Old 11-19-2015, 09:08 PM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand al'Fain View Post
He's actually surging in the polls again...thanks to this latest push. All the Carson people are jumping back to him now that Carson has shown himself to be utterly stupid and Trump hates the right people.

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot
Old 11-24-2015, 01:06 AM
Youngling

Southpaw2012 is a jewel in the roughSouthpaw2012 is a jewel in the roughSouthpaw2012 is a jewel in the rough

Trump is a moron, but Carson is not. No one has proven what he's said to be lies or wrong. He certainly isn't my choice, but the attacks on him by the media have failed as well. They tried to get him on his comment about Jefferson and the Constitution, but he wasn't wrong there either. No, Jefferson wasn't at the federal convention of 1787, but he communicated a lot with Madison and Washington at the time, and was a key advocate in what became the Bill of Rights, so Carson was right there as well. I'm not sure why people are going after Carson so much when Sanders makes the dumbest statement in recent memory (that global warming causes terrorism) and Trump says whatever comes to his mind, which is usually beyond left field. Honestly, a book should be written on the Trump campaign. It's fascinating.
Old 11-24-2015, 01:07 AM
Youngling

Southpaw2012 is a jewel in the roughSouthpaw2012 is a jewel in the roughSouthpaw2012 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand al'Fain View Post
His strong support is a wake up call to DC that America is fed up with big government BS
Old 11-24-2015, 04:20 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw2012 View Post
Trump is a moron, but Carson is not. No one has proven what he's said to be lies or wrong.
How much grain, precisely, could be stored in the Egyptian pyramids?
How long did it take to build them?
How much grain could have been (better) stored in traditional silos that the Egyptians already knew very well how to build, and what would have been the relative efficiency of those two options (pyramids versus silos)?

Saying that Carson was not wrong on the pyramids is simply disingenuous at best, and a lie more likely. Unless, of course, you can actually defend his idea. Are you willing to try that?
Old 11-24-2015, 06:26 AM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Quote:
I'm not sure why people are going after Carson so much when Sanders makes the dumbest statement in recent memory (that global warming causes terrorism)...
I'm too lazy to look up this up at the moment, but I suspect that whatever Bernie said was related to the DoD report on security concerns related to global warming that came out a while back.
Old 11-24-2015, 06:41 AM
Elder

Daekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
I'm too lazy to look up this up at the moment, but I suspect that whatever Bernie said was related to the DoD report on security concerns related to global warming that came out a while back.
Well, because of the increased temperatures those Cold Blooded Terrorists are coming out of their caves more often to bask in the heat...

He just got carried away a bit this time, probably as a result of his marriage-gonzothegreat

Son of Nazbaque, Lord of Fire
Old 11-24-2015, 07:51 AM
Ancient

Kimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
Here's what Bernie said:

http://www.factcheck.org/2015/11/san...-to-terrorism/

Quote:
“Absolutely,” Sanders said. “In fact, climate change is directly related to the growth of terrorism. And if we do not get our act together and listen to what the scientists say you’re gonna see countries all over the world– this is what the C.I.A. says, they’re gonna be struggling over limited amounts of water, limited amounts of land to grow their crops. And you’re gonna see all kinds of international conflict.”
He shouldn't have tried to link what was happening in Syria so closely to climate change, but his general stance isn't so controversial. For instance...

Quote:
Some on the right scoffed at Sanders’ statements. On “Face the Nation” following Sanders’ appearance, the Wall Street Journal’s Peggy Noonan said Sanders’ comments made him “look slightly daffy, like someone who doesn’t understand what the real subject is.”
But Sanders’ summary of the position of the CIA and Department of Defense was accurate. They have been warning for years that extreme weather caused by climate change is likely to worsen instability around the world and cause security problems.
As we wrote in January, the Department of Defense referred to climate change as a ” ‘threat multiplier’ — because it has the potential to exacerbate many of the challenges we are dealing with today – from infectious disease to terrorism. We are already beginning to see some of these impacts.” Those threats are outlined in a report titled “2014 Climate Change Adaptation Roadmap.”
Department of Defense, Adaptation Roadmap, 2014: The impacts of climate change may cause instability in other countries by impairing access to food and water, damaging infrastructure, spreading disease, uprooting and displacing large numbers of people, compelling mass migration, interrupting commercial activity, or restricting electricity availability. These developments could undermine already-fragile governments that are unable to respond effectively or challenge currently‐stable governments, as well as increasing competition and tension between countries vying for limited resources. These gaps in governance can create an avenue for extremist ideologies and condition that foster terrorism.
This is far less ridiculous than a host of silly statements that Carson has made.
Old 11-24-2015, 08:10 AM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Trump is a moron, but Carson is not. No one has proven what he's said to be lies or wrong. He certainly isn't my choice, but the attacks on him by the media have failed as well. They tried to get him on his comment about Jefferson and the Constitution, but he wasn't wrong there either. No, Jefferson wasn't at the federal convention of 1787, but he communicated a lot with Madison and Washington at the time, and was a key advocate in what became the Bill of Rights, so Carson was right there as well. I'm not sure why people are going after Carson so much when Sanders makes the dumbest statement in recent memory (that global warming causes terrorism) and Trump says whatever comes to his mind, which is usually beyond left field. Honestly, a book should be written on the Trump campaign. It's fascinating.
They're both utter morons. Carson is just as much a jackass as Trump just in different ways.

Funny story on your criticism of Sanders...the Pentagon and DoD along with a ton of other experts agree and say the same thing about climate change and terrorism/social unrest. But you already knew that.

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot