art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Non WoT Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 01-25-2016, 06:14 AM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute
Default X-Files Mini Series

Thoughts? I was a huge fan back in the early days and even I wasn't in the "Man, I'd really like another season" mode since it was such a product of the early to mid-1990s. Overall, I'd give it a B, maybe a B-.

Anyone else watch last night?

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot
Old 01-25-2016, 11:04 PM
Elder

Khoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant futureKhoram has a brilliant future

I was thinking about it, and thinking about it, and thinking about it.

Then I promptly forgot about thinking about it until today. I wanted to watch it, but I had been busy with other things. :/

Life is a dream from which we all must wake before we can dream again.

Al dival, al kiserai, al mashi! - For light, glory, and love!

Carai an manshimaya ayend'an! - Honor of my blade for the fallen.
Old 01-26-2016, 09:27 AM
Hero of the Horn

Brita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond reputeBrita has a reputation beyond repute

I have only watched the first episode, but I have to say I really enjoyed it. I forgot how much I love Scully's character- and the two of them together. I am looking forward to rest of the mini-series. It evokes great nostalgia and I plan to dive into that pool head first

I don't have to agree with you to like you or respect you. ― Anthony Bourdain
Old 01-27-2016, 04:40 PM
Hero of the Horn

Ivhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Ivhon Send a message via Yahoo to Ivhon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brita View Post
I have only watched the first episode, but I have to say I really enjoyed it. I forgot how much I love Scully's character
Me too! But only half as much as Mulder...

Proud owner of the first post on TL's VBulletin forum (sorry...I had ta )

Greeter Emeritus
Old 01-27-2016, 06:02 PM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivhon View Post
Me too! But only half as much as Mulder...
That is the same value I would assign to her as well...

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Old 01-31-2016, 09:57 PM
Ancient

Kimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond repute

I finally watched the second episode. The first was, at least in my opinion, pretty bad. The second was much better, though I would have cut the overly-sentimental scenes of Scully and then Mulder hallucinating fake memories of their kid. Did it remind anyone else of Stephen King's Firestarter?
Old 02-01-2016, 08:00 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimon View Post
I finally watched the second episode. The first was, at least in my opinion, pretty bad. The second was much better, though I would have cut the overly-sentimental scenes of Scully and then Mulder hallucinating fake memories of their kid. Did it remind anyone else of Stephen King's Firestarter?
For me, Joel McHale was brutally miscast so the 1st episode was painful at times. The 2nd was more classic X-Files so it was much better. It was also NOT written by Chris Carter so the over the top conspiracy nutiness was toned down.

Only real sad thing for me...no Vince Gilligan association with this season.

Old 02-01-2016, 09:08 AM
Hero of the Horn

Mort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Mort

I had no problem with McHales acting. The script was pretty bad though, jumping right into seven different conspiracies killed it for me though. Felt like they had to sum up being off the air for 10+ years in one episode. Second episode was much better though. Classic X files.

"I discovered at an early age that if I talk long enough, I can make anything right or wrong. So either I am God, or truth is relative." - Jeff Winger, Community
----------

We rode on the winds of the rising storm, we ran to the sounds of thunder.
We danced among the lighting bolts, and tore the world asunder.

Old 02-01-2016, 09:55 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mort View Post
I had no problem with McHales acting. The script was pretty bad though, jumping right into seven different conspiracies killed it for me though. Felt like they had to sum up being off the air for 10+ years in one episode. Second episode was much better though. Classic X files.
Nothing wrong with his acting but he was just miscast to me.

The 7 different conspiracies is pure Chris Carter...he's a nutter.

Old 02-01-2016, 04:04 PM
Ancient

Kimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davian93 View Post
Nothing wrong with his acting but he was just miscast to me.
The History Channel Ancient Aliens dude with the crazy hair probably would have been the perfect choice, but then that basically underlines my disappointment with the first episode. I always preferred the types of episodes that were more Twilight Zone to the ones that were alien-obsessed. The second episode was much better written, but it still would have benefited from dropping the alien dna and just had it be a more mundane skethcy govt eugenics project - like Firestarter...
Old 02-02-2016, 07:21 AM
Hero of the Horn

Last nights episode was ridiculously awesome.

Old 02-02-2016, 12:12 PM
Hero of the Horn

WinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant futureWinespringBrother has a brilliant future
Send a message via AIM to WinespringBrother

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davian93 View Post
Last nights episode was ridiculously awesome.
When Scully "adopted" that puppy at the end, it made the perfect wrap to a hilarious self parodying ep.

"Oh, y'all [Theorylanders] are awesome with awesome sauce, but you ask a lot of tricky questions. I had to watch myself with you guys." - Maria

"I need to RAFO more things, I'm not being very Robert Jordan..." - Brandon
Old 02-04-2016, 11:08 AM
Hero of the Horn

Mort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Mort

Ha! I wasn't ready for them to do a satire episode. Sure they usually have some wit in them all, and made as far as I know at least one episode per season that was maybe even silly. But wasn't ready for it on the mini-series. Fun!

Still looking for closure on the series though, 3 more episodes, what are there to do here exactly? What is the reason the new season to be? Can't be 6 random new episodes. Or is this just another way for investors to make a test run and see if people still take The X Files to heart? I havn't heard or read what the big picture is.

"I discovered at an early age that if I talk long enough, I can make anything right or wrong. So either I am God, or truth is relative." - Jeff Winger, Community
----------

We rode on the winds of the rising storm, we ran to the sounds of thunder.
We danced among the lighting bolts, and tore the world asunder.

Old 02-15-2016, 07:27 PM
Ancient

This revival is beginning to feel far too much like the awful prequels that George Lucas made for Star Wars.
Old 02-15-2016, 08:02 PM
Ancient

This episode felt sort of similar, at least in theme, to the classic one with Peter Boyle - Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose. Except of course that that one was well written. Clearly the revival needed a restraining order against Chris Carter.
Old 02-15-2016, 08:33 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
This episode felt sort of similar, at least in theme, to the classic one with Peter Boyle - Clyde Bruckman's Final Repose. Except of course that that one was well written. Clearly the revival needed a restraining order against Chris Carter.
Carter was always one of the weaker writers on the show. A damn shame they couldn't get Vince Gilligan on this revival but I'd imagine he's busy.

Old 02-16-2016, 07:55 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Yeah, this episode is pretty awful. Like really awful actually. WTF Chris Carter?

Old 02-22-2016, 07:41 PM
Ancient

Tonight's episode might be even worse than last week's.