art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Non WoT Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 01-25-2016, 01:44 PM
Hero of the Horn

Isabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to behold
Send a message via MSN to Isabel
Default Looking for more D&D players

Hi all,
a local (mostly) Theoryland international D&D group (over skype) is looking for more D&D players.
If you like D&D or if you would like to try to play D&D with us let me know. We play over skype on saturdays around 19.00 or 20.00 (+1 GT) or 13.00 or 14.00 (1.00 or 2.00 pm) (EST / NY time). Ofcourse we have to wait and see if you fit into the group and if you like it

Regards, Isabel
'Rand al'Thor, Nynaeve shrieked, that is the most outrageous thing I ever heard out of your mouth. The very idea of telling three women you love them! You are worse than a lecher. You apologize right now!'

Isabel sedai of the Green Ajah, Amyrlin of the Official Nynaeve Fanclub, first sister to Gennie Sedai of the Green Ajah, bonded to Camel, Wolf Gaidin, Jachthond and ghostrider.
Old 01-25-2016, 01:56 PM
Hero of the Horn

Nazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond repute

How exactly does one play D&D through skype?
Lord Captain Commander of Singing Chipmunks
Master of Nazgul Kitchen
Old 01-25-2016, 05:50 PM
Elder

The Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah...I'd be too worried about weighted dice.
Old 01-25-2016, 06:36 PM
Hero of the Horn

ShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond repute

online dice apps/or channel bots. Well, that was more IRC, but I imagine similar exist for skype.

As for the offer, thanks Isa, but I've got a gaming group and am already in too many campaigns.
Old 01-25-2016, 06:48 PM
Elder

The Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond repute

And 10/11 on Saturday mornings? Lol.
Old 01-25-2016, 11:42 PM
Hero of the Horn

Isabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to beholdIsabel is a splendid one to behold

there are online websites like roll d20 for the battle.
So that's no problem.

It's an international group with dutch, danish and American people, so that's why the weird times
'Rand al'Thor, Nynaeve shrieked, that is the most outrageous thing I ever heard out of your mouth. The very idea of telling three women you love them! You are worse than a lecher. You apologize right now!'

Isabel sedai of the Green Ajah, Amyrlin of the Official Nynaeve Fanclub, first sister to Gennie Sedai of the Green Ajah, bonded to Camel, Wolf Gaidin, Jachthond and ghostrider.
Old 01-26-2016, 03:06 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isabel View Post
It's an international group with dutch, danish and American people, ...
Wouldn't that make it DD&A, though?
Old 01-26-2016, 09:34 AM
Hero of the Horn

Nazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoTheGreat View Post
Wouldn't that make it DD&A, though?
*Nosebleed*
Master of Nazgul Kitchen
Old 01-26-2016, 09:40 AM
Hero of the Horn

GonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond reputeGonzoTheGreat has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nazbaque View Post
*Nosebleed*
I threw 12 with a d12 (don't have a d20, apparently*). Is that enough for a save from your attack spell?

* I do have a d4 and of course lots and lots of d6es.
Old 01-27-2016, 04:41 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by GonzoTheGreat View Post
I threw 12 with a d12 (don't have a d20, apparently*). Is that enough for a save from your attack spell?

* I do have a d4 and of course lots and lots of d6es.
You'll need a 0-99 pair of d10s and must get either 48, 69 or 96 exactly to prove your mind perverted enough to withstand the spell. Or you can throw a critical (01-09) to prove yourself impotent and super critical 00 makes you a eunuch.
Master of Nazgul Kitchen
Old 01-28-2016, 01:57 PM
Elder

I've actually never played, though I've always been curious.
Old 01-29-2016, 09:30 AM
Hero of the Horn

Well think about it and let me know

Old 01-29-2016, 12:58 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Well think about it and let me know
Well a list of necessities would be helpful. What actual equipment is needed. What programs need to be installed. Links to rules and such.
Master of Nazgul Kitchen
Old 01-29-2016, 02:29 PM
Hero of the Horn

Well you don't need much to play

We sometimes log into roll d20 website for battles and stuff.

Rules : i am sure someone has a rulebook

You don't even have to know for sure you want to play, perhaps you can listen in for one time. or get an explantion I will ask PD what he thinks is best, if you are interested.

Old 01-29-2016, 02:53 PM
Elder

Quote:
Rules : i am sure someone has a rulebook
lol. To paraphrase your compatriot: I'll google it.

Quote:
You don't even have to know for sure you want to play, perhaps you can listen in for one time. or get an explantion
It's mostly that I keep running into references to it that I don't get. And people seem to enjoy it. I used to play something that...might be similar? The LotR tapletop game. Of course most of my models were unpainted. And the ones that were were no better off. But it still was fun and looked cool.
Quote:
I will ask PD what he thinks is best, if you are interested.
PD?
Old 01-29-2016, 02:54 PM
Hero of the Horn

So all I'd really need to get is a new headphone + microphone set?

Edit for Unreasoner:
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unreasoner View Post
lol. To paraphrase your compatriot: I'll google it.

It's mostly that I keep running into references to it that I don't get. And people seem to enjoy it. I used to play something that...might be similar? The LotR tapletop game. Of course most of my models were unpainted. And the ones that were were no better off. But it still was fun and looked cool.
It's pretty much like theater or make belief in form of a game with a set of rules.
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unreasoner View Post
PD?
Purple Dragon. Doesn't post these days. An entity to be reckoned with back when we had a working chat and the new users section had actual activity. DahL and I burned down his bakery once.
Master of Nazgul Kitchen

Last edited by Nazbaque; 01-29-2016 at 03:11 PM.
Old 01-30-2016, 06:17 AM
Ancient

Purple Dragon is a glorious beacon of lightPurple Dragon is a glorious beacon of lightPurple Dragon is a glorious beacon of lightPurple Dragon is a glorious beacon of lightPurple Dragon is a glorious beacon of lightPurple Dragon is a glorious beacon of light
Default ~rolls fortitude save~

Da heck ya mean WAS? i am ALWAYS a force to be reckoned with...

and we have PDF rulebooks, Monster Manuals, Players Handbooks etc... online dice, actual dice and more...

what we should perhaps also mention is that we tend to run individually made campaigns... this means that everything is pretty much made up by whoever is DM'ing.

we also tends to run Good aligned campaigns, meaning that it makes is VERY uncomfortable if someone decides to play an evil aligned character.

aside from that we have had all kinds of crazy crap, running from super-smart fireflies to an area so completely devoid of traps that a rogue spend 2 days searching for them...
Adopted Big Brother to Birgitte (the lazy git
Adopted Big Brother to Sarafelle - The Brave
Master Asha'man Dragon of Cary the Fairy and T'rubarb
Old 01-30-2016, 10:45 AM
Hero of the Horn

Ha! I knew that would get a reaction out of you!

Btw, is that a typo or are you deliberately trapped ON your mind instead of IN it?
Master of Nazgul Kitchen
Old 01-30-2016, 11:50 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Btw, is that a typo or are you deliberately trapped ON your mind instead of IN it?
Maybe the mind simply isn't roomy enough to sit in comfortably.
Old 01-30-2016, 11:58 AM
Ancient

Purple Dragon is a glorious beacon of lightPurple Dragon is a glorious beacon of lightPurple Dragon is a glorious beacon of lightPurple Dragon is a glorious beacon of lightPurple Dragon is a glorious beacon of lightPurple Dragon is a glorious beacon of light

Quote:
Ha! I knew that would get a reaction out of you!

don't MAKE typos...
Adopted Big Brother to Birgitte (the lazy git
Adopted Big Brother to Sarafelle - The Brave
Master Asha'man Dragon of Cary the Fairy and T'rubarb