art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Non WoT Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 03-24-2016, 10:55 PM
Youngling

Southpaw2012 is a jewel in the roughSouthpaw2012 is a jewel in the roughSouthpaw2012 is a jewel in the rough
Default Hypocritical pansies

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ger-feel-safe/

Liberal students continue to bitch about their "mental anguish" and fear that they have while on college campuses. What about the fear, true fear, that people, such as my sister, had while the hate group Black Lives Matter threatened people all over Mizzou campus? Hypocritical pansies.
Old 03-25-2016, 12:11 AM
Hero of the Horn

Nazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond repute

Southpaw do you ever think of anyone as an individual?
Lord Captain Commander of Singing Chipmunks
Master of Nazgul Kitchen
Old 03-25-2016, 01:52 AM
Elder

The Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond repute

Bizzarely, I actually somewhat agree with Southpaw here. I think a lot of outrage culture is just attention seeming nonsense. And I would agree fully in this particular case, if it were not for the (albeit anecdotal) evidence that special care was taken to put the Trump things up where they would elicit a reaction such as this.

That being said, calling BLM a hate group is ridiculous. The sheer number of police killings of young black men (or children, like Tamir Rice, a twelve year old boy with a airsoft gun in a park, killed 2 seconds after cops arrived on the scene. With no one around him that he could reasonably be thought to be threatening. In an open carry state. With the 911 caller saying the gun was probably fake.), the cops sabotaging their body cameras (intentionally, and it's documented), and the bullshit black people have to deal with every day (like that rolling cop manhandling a teenage girl in a bikini who was a member at the pool. Or the cop who raped tons of black women for years. Or the fact that the DAs apparently think they work for the fucking defense when presenting cases to the grand jury); it's entirely possible that they would be angry. Is every single grievance justified? Probably not. But I expect the percentage of them that are legitimate is far higher than the one for Southpaw's own complaints. The fact that your sister felt threatened merely because they were 'black and angry' confirms my suspicion that your parents are low class racist garbage. And the apple hasn't fallen far from the tree. So now a retarded, bigoted parrot who probably majored in something idiots favor like business, poli sci, or interdisciplinary hypocrisy complains that people are complaining that their feelings are hurt or are being threatened. When he himself feels under attack when people point out his obvious racism.

Look, it's probably not your fault that you became racist. Your dad's probably a piece of shit. But it is your fault you still are. And I'm warning you: if, God-forbid, you actually become a prosecutor, you'd better not throw the case if you are tasked with seeking justice in a police killing of an unarmed black man. Because I'm going to JordanCon, and I'll get your name. And I'll go after your entire family, and out them for the racist pieces of shit they are.
Old 03-25-2016, 01:56 AM
Elder

The Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond repute

Exodus 34:6-7 “The Lord passed before him and proclaimed, “The Lord, the Lord, a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness, keeping steadfast love for thousands, forgiving iniquity and transgression and sin, but who will by no means clear the guilty, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children and the children’s children, to the third and the fourth generation.”

I thought you'd appreciate my literal interpretation of the Holy Book.
Old 03-25-2016, 05:34 AM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unreasoner View Post
Bizzarely, I actually somewhat agree with Southpaw here.
It's not bizarre; from what I see on social media, literally no one sympathizes with these people. So this has become more a story of rightwing outrage culture than anything else.
Old 03-25-2016, 07:37 AM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
It's not bizarre; from what I see on social media, literally no one sympathizes with these people. So this has become more a story of rightwing outrage culture than anything else.
OMG, did you see that Obama went to a baseball game with Commies while Belgium was attacked. Then he had the gall to go DANCING while the follow-up investigation was occurring? WHERE DOES HE GET OFF????

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot
Old 03-25-2016, 10:53 AM
Hero of the Horn

Frenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond reputeFrenzy has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Frenzy Send a message via Yahoo to Frenzy

i'm confused. is this a "darkies suck" post or "kids these days are shit" post?

"How the hell do you Godwin a thread with CUCUMBERS!!?" -- Tru

"I love cucumber prawn... " -- Ivhon

"Have to catch me first. Scared shitless always outruns mad as hell." -- Sinistrum

"Some days I'm happy Frenzy doesn't live next door." -- Tamyrlin

"So Frenzy is a scientist then?" -- Davian
"Well duh. An Evil scientist. " -- Khoram
Old 03-25-2016, 10:55 AM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frenzy View Post

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Old 03-25-2016, 11:58 AM
Hero of the Horn

Nazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond reputeNazbaque has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
I thought southpaw was refering to himself with the "hypocritical pansies" expression. Him and his sister being afraid of BLM when Trump extremists are a much bigger deal.
Lord Captain Commander of Singing Chipmunks
Master of Nazgul Kitchen
Old 03-25-2016, 01:12 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute

Well, what do you know...

http://www.snopes.com/emory-students-trump-graffiti/
Old 03-25-2016, 01:35 PM
Hero of the Horn

Ivhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond reputeIvhon has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Ivhon Send a message via Yahoo to Ivhon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
Cue: "Snopes is a left-wing propoganda site with no credibility"

Proud owner of the first post on TL's VBulletin forum (sorry...I had ta )

Greeter Emeritus
Old 03-25-2016, 02:10 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ivhon View Post
You forgot "owned by George Soros".
Old 03-25-2016, 02:25 PM
Hero of the Horn

I, for one, am shocked that the right wing would make up something that sounds utterly outrageous to get their base riled up....SHOCKED.

Old 03-25-2016, 02:56 PM
Hero of the Horn

ShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Haha. Ivhon, you so funny. He's not going to come back and look at this thread. He's said his biased BS which shows his world view (regardless to it's veracity) and now he's gone until the next time he needs to piss on everyone's day to show how 'superior' his world view is.
Old 03-25-2016, 03:00 PM
Youngling

Southpaw2012 is a jewel in the roughSouthpaw2012 is a jewel in the roughSouthpaw2012 is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Nope, I must've gotten tricked by sites such as:

http://www.newsweek.com/emory-trump-...rotests-440618

Also:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...ger-feel-safe/

Both sites are prominent left wing news organizations, so I did not rely on Fox.
Old 03-25-2016, 03:02 PM
Youngling

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowbaneX View Post
Haha. Ivhon, you so funny. He's not going to come back and look at this thread. He's said his biased BS which shows his world view (regardless to it's veracity) and now he's gone until the next time he needs to piss on everyone's day to show how 'superior' his world view is.
Sorry, I actually have a life and do read what is said. I choose what to respond to when I have time, which isn't often. It's one vs. 15-20 people on this site, and if I took time to respond to every attack, I wouldn't get anything done.
Old 03-25-2016, 03:09 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw2012 View Post
Sorry, I actually have a life and do read what is said. I choose what to respond to when I have time, which isn't often. It's one vs. 15-20 people on this site, and if I took time to respond to every attack, I wouldn't get anything done.
Sounds like you need to learn better multi-tasking skills...or moderate your views.

Old 03-25-2016, 03:25 PM
Youngling

Quote:
It's usually one or the other with us crazy conservatives, correct? Or perhaps, in reality, it's the coddling of the new generation of young adults that is frustrating many people such as myself. When a group of people feel offended by something they don't agree with, they cause as much chaos as can be until their demands are met. Liberals don't have a brain when it comes to having a legitimate discussion regarding diversity and minority issues, so I will be gentle with the sensitive minds here. I'm sick of the coddling. If three minorities get offended by some asshole on a college campus, the whole school has to pay for it. Liberals are all about making sure things are "fair" for everyone, so how is it fair for people such as my sister, who actually pays for her schooling, to get threatened by a bunch of ravaging buffoons who feel like they need to get more than everyone else? EX: Mizzou and Black Lives Matter bs. The double standard is unbelievable. If she would haul off and yell something at them, such as "stupid black people," her life would be over due to vicious attacks by the media and then kicked out of school. But they can get away with calling her a "stupid white bitch" and "cracker?" Of course, they don't have it fair even though many go for free due to scholarships, but how is it fair to my sister? She was on her way to work when this happened, which wouldn't mean much to many of them who stood around for weeks on end protesting and causing trouble, but again, how is it fair?

There is a black girl I know, who is quite notorious by everyone, conservatives and liberals, who goes to school for free because she's black and has a kid (she makes sure to tell people how she goes for free). She has now accused three people of racial discrimination. One was proven to be a lie because I, as well as two others, witnessed the incident and reported that it was a lie, but the person she accused now has the accusation on her record. The second accusation I am not aware of the details, other than the person she accused is still around so I'm assuming it was proven to be false. The third person she accused, she said that he was picking on her for being black because he said (and this was in the library), "So and so, can you please lower your voice? I have a test coming up and am trying to get a few things done." She responded with, "Fuck you, I don't need to listen to your stupid ass." An hour later this guy was called down and told that she reported him for racial discrimination, and that because of Fergusson (which was proven to be a lie), they had to take it seriously. He made it out okay, but seriously, how is that bullshit fair? I would love to call her a racist, even though my stupid undergrad professor said there was no such thing as reverse-racism, but I'm not. She picked on a white woman, a white guy, and an indian guy. She likes to spread the hate. Now, if we lived in a just and moral society, she would've been kicked out. However, if that happened, the school would've been sued with some other racial charge, because that's how our society works now. Instead of looking at progress, we look at who the "victims" are and then find ways to destroy others to make these so-called "victims" feel better about themselves. And it's working. There's no more respect for authority, my girlfriend can account for that in the rough school she teaches in, as kindergarteners drop f-bombs all over the place.

No, I don't think "darkies suck" as that is the only argument that liberals know how to make, and the ignorant listen to, nor do I think all kids these days are a problem. What I'm saying is that our country has a moral dilemma that is getting worse by the day, and should be noticed by those who actually pay attention and don't turn a blind eye in favor of discovering some "racial" or "transgender" issue. There will never be progress because these issues can't be brought up in a legitimate way without someone throwing around the, "you're a racist!!" accusation. Liberals love tolerance, unless they disagree with it.

Last edited by Southpaw2012; 03-25-2016 at 03:32 PM.
Old 03-25-2016, 03:27 PM
Youngling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davian93 View Post
Sounds like you need to learn better multi-tasking skills...or moderate your views.

I couldn't even post in the WoT section without some fool twisting my post into my political views, even when they weren't connected. Funny how that works.
Old 03-25-2016, 03:43 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
There is a black girl I know, who is quite notorious by everyone, conservatives and liberals, who goes to school for free because she's black and has a kid (she makes sure to tell people how she goes for free). She has now accused three people of racial discrimination.
This one time, I was in line behind a black family at the grocery store...should have seen their cart. Nothing but Lobster and Steak and you guessed it, it all went on their EBT card. They were talking super loud on their Obama phone s the entire time too before they loaded their lobsters into their Cadillac and blasted their rap music while blowing 3 stop signs on their way out of the parking lot.

And don't even get me started on all the black single mothers I know with 10 kids that are just milking the welfare system while they sit at home watching their 75" flatscreen TVs with their $60K SUVs sitting outside

While we're on stupid anecdotes, I knew a middle class white guy that got to go to Cornell for free because Daddy was an alcoholic who committed suicide when he was a kid...got him a full hardship scholarship. He dropped out after 1 semester too. He works in a liquor store now BTW. So clearly all white males suck too.