art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7611

Logged In (1): ShadowbaneX,

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > WHEEL OF TIME FORUMS > General Wheel of Time Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 12-04-2015, 03:22 PM
Youngling

Southpaw2012 is a jewel in the roughSouthpaw2012 is a jewel in the roughSouthpaw2012 is a jewel in the rough
Default Brandon update

I spent some time with Harriet and Team Jordan last month during a visit to Charleston for a writing conference. There were two things I wanted to clear up for you all.
The first is regarding the film rights to the Wheel of Time. A lot of people have been asking, and while I'm no longer the steward of Randland as I once was, I'm at least steward emeritus. So I try to look out for you all when I can.
Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get very much for you. As you probably know, a pilot of a Wheel of Time television show was released in February. This was what they call in the industry an "Ashcan." It was a quick exploitation of the rights to a property before those rights lapse, an act usually done because a contract includes a stipulation allowing a production company to maintain control of a property as long as they release something on television or in the theaters every five years or so.
The producers call this a "proof of concept" that a television show could work. Team Jordan calls this a violation of the contract. Both ended up suing each other, and both dropped the lawsuits this summer.
Well, the official word from Team Jordan is that "Negotiations are ongoing." Nothing is settled, they've just moved their discussions out of court.
In more interesting news, I asked if there was ever going to be a time when I could reveal things from the books that are unresolved. (Nakomi is the big one, but there are a few secrets that the fans haven't figured out yet.)
The word from Team Jordan was that they can foresee a time when these things could be revealed, though that time is not now. (Or soon.) I don't have to take the secret to my grave, then.
There was also interest in someday doing a re-integrated ebook of the last three books, where I weave the chapters back the way they were originally planned (eliminating things like the timeline confusion in Towers.) I think a special edition 2000+ page version of A Memory of Light would be a cool project.

Apparently we may get a Nakomi revelation someday. Hmm.
Old 12-04-2015, 03:35 PM
Elder

The Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond repute

I thought the fandom went with 'Nakomi is the Creator's avatar', considering the 'I am who am'/'who a my' similarities. Was this rejected?
Old 12-13-2015, 12:26 PM
Elder

The Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond reputeThe Unreasoner has a reputation beyond repute

I think it's time to step your game up. Terez is killing it in her thread. If you really have something to say, now is the time. You don't have to defend the 'Nakomi is the Creator's avatar' theory to Kimon and others who hate it since you haven't confirmed it yet. But if all you have to say is: 'lol, i is know shit', then...allow me to close the thread for you.

'Neener neener, blacks are crooks and thugs. Trump 2016!'
-Southpaw
Old 12-13-2015, 12:35 PM
Ancient

Kimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Unreasoner View Post
I think it's time to step your game up. Terez is killing it in her thread. If you really have something to say, now is the time. You don't have to defend the 'Nakomi is the Creator's avatar' theory to Kimon and others who hate it since you haven't confirmed it yet. But if all you have to say is: 'lol, i is know shit', then...allow me to close the thread for you.

'Neener neener, blacks are crooks and thugs. Trump 2016!'
-Southpaw
You must be confusing me with someone else, as I don't recall ever taking a stance on Nakomi.
Old 12-13-2015, 12:41 PM
Hero of the Horn

Marie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond reputeMarie Curie 7 has a reputation beyond repute

Please keep political discussions/comments out of the WoT forums. And personal attacks as well.
Old 12-13-2015, 12:49 PM
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimon View Post
You must be confusing me with someone else, as I don't recall ever taking a stance on Nakomi.
Maybe I did. I don't think so though. In my notes, you lost your shit when the Old Tongue translation came out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marie Curie 7 View Post
Please keep political discussions/comments out of the WoT forums. And personal attacks as well.
ETA: Don't know what happened there. I meant to say I will absolutely show proper respect to threads when there is a topic to respect.

Last edited by The Unreasoner; 12-13-2015 at 12:54 PM.
Old 12-13-2015, 01:16 PM
Ancient

Kimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Maybe I did. I don't think so though. In my notes, you lost your shit when the Old Tongue translation came out.
Again, not sure what you're referring to, as I don't recall losing my shit when the Old Tongue translation came out.
Old 12-13-2015, 03:27 PM
Hero of the Horn

DahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant futureDahLliA has a brilliant future
Send a message via MSN to DahLliA

Did someone troll us by posting stuff and then deleting it? I feel like I'm missing something

"'Profound... huh.' Temper was silent for a long moment, studying the cobbles of the alley mouth. And then he lifted his helmed head, faced Shadowthrone, and said, 'Fuck off.'"
Old 12-13-2015, 05:27 PM
Elder

Daekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DahLliA View Post
Did someone troll us by posting stuff and then deleting it? I feel like I'm missing something
I was thinking the exact same thing.

Also, this thread is like super awkward. Why would anyone be fighting. We're all friends here.

He just got carried away a bit this time, probably as a result of his marriage-gonzothegreat

Son of Nazbaque, Lord of Fire
Old 12-13-2015, 05:38 PM
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daekyras View Post
I was thinking the exact same thing.
?

My edited post only deleted gibberish. For some reason my phone began typing backwards.

As for Kimon, I was under the impression he thought Nakomi's name was religious trolling by Brandon. I also have a note on the same page that says: @fionwe a man's weight in ants vs a man RE circle preciscion if anyone knows what that means.

As for us all being friends...lol. I do like almost all of you. But..almost *eyes the top of the thread*

How did The Chosen One even get access to special info?

ETA:
Here's what was deleted:
I c eteht erehw sdaerht ni lliw yln sme ote .cipot a ebsiatre

Last edited by The Unreasoner; 12-13-2015 at 05:44 PM.
Old 12-13-2015, 05:43 PM
Youngling

fionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant futurefionwe1987 has a brilliant future

I'm pretty sure I've said nothing about ants, ever. Did someone hack Unreasoner's account?

Quote:
?

How did The Chosen One even get access to special info?
If this is indeed you, you should know that what Southpaw typed was word for word what Brandon said on Reddit. He in not claiming any special access..
Old 12-13-2015, 05:49 PM
Elder

Quote:
Originally Posted by fionwe1987 View Post
I'm pretty sure I've said nothing about ants, ever. Did someone hack Unreasoner's account?
I think the ants thing was something I meant to say to you. Hence the @.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fionwe1987 View Post
If this is indeed you, you should know that what Southpaw typed was word for word what Brandon said on Reddit. He in not claiming any special access..
Ah.
Old 12-13-2015, 06:06 PM
Elder

Daekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond reputeDaekyras has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
?

My edited post only deleted gibberish. For some reason my phone began typing backwards.
I wasn't suggesting maliciously deleted TU, I know you're not that kinda guy.

I meant that It looks like your second post is in response to a post I can't see!

But....now I really want to know what you were gonna talk to fionwe about. Especially since you linked it to circle precision.

He just got carried away a bit this time, probably as a result of his marriage-gonzothegreat

Son of Nazbaque, Lord of Fire
Old 12-13-2015, 07:01 PM
Ancient

Quote:
As for Kimon, I was under the impression he thought Nakomi's name was religious trolling by Brandon. I also have a note on the same page that says: @fionwe a man's weight in ants vs a man RE circle preciscion if anyone knows what that means.
I'm not sure if you just perhaps misinterpreted something I said, but I still haven't the slightest clue what you are referring to. Still think you must be confusing me with someone else.

Addendum:

A quick use of the Advanced Search function using Nakomi and Kimon indeed only brings up two threads in overlap. This one, and one from November of 2010 called "Filed Teeth", in discussion of the filed teeth aiel. Specifically of this:

Quote:
We've had a description of Tarna's- as blue, and cold. I don't think that by dead you should assume a color change, just a lifelessness, like a person who was no longer there. Tarna is like a marionette now. Frankly this was in my opinion the most emotionally charged scene in the book. I liked Tarna. Closest thing to a main character's death since Moiraine (and Verin, of course we've sort of seen her again, before she died, assuming that Terez is right about Nakomi). Moiraine came back, not exactly surprising in this series, but I'm guessing that were stuck with zombie-Tarna.

Has anyone asked BS if the turning process is like an equivalent of the process of making Grey Men? They are certainly described with these death metaphors. Of course, Pevara didn't seem to have any trouble seeing Tarna, so it can't be exactly the same, but the description of them seemed pretty similar otherwise. I wonder if the turning invovles removing their soul, and that is what causes the dead look to their eyes.
That's it. I might have responded somewhere else in a thread on Nakomi, but didn't specifically write her name, and hence it doesn't pop up in the search. But if so, it likely is also thoroughly en passant. Nakomi just doesn't particularly interest me. If her name is somehow religious trolling by Sanderson, it certainly wasn't me that was suggesting or arguing that opinion.

Last edited by Kimon; 12-13-2015 at 07:16 PM.
Old 03-12-2016, 10:24 PM
Youngling

mogi67 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southpaw2012 View Post
The producers call this a "proof of concept" that a television show could work. Team Jordan calls this a violation of the contract. Both ended up suing each other, and both dropped the lawsuits this summer.
Well, the official word from Team Jordan is that "Negotiations are ongoing." Nothing is settled, they've just moved their discussions out of court.

Old 05-15-2016, 01:46 PM
Youngling

maleshub is a jewel in the roughmaleshub is a jewel in the roughmaleshub is a jewel in the rough
Default Sorry for being so nooby

But I'm lost between thread title and content. Is there an update about Brandon and WoT? Or did Brandon issue an update about something?
Old 05-15-2016, 09:13 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Quote:
Originally Posted by maleshub View Post
But I'm lost between thread title and content. Is there an update about Brandon and WoT? Or did Brandon issue an update about something?
The OP is Brandon's words, except for the last line. I think he posted it on reddit. Did you notice the date?
Old 05-16-2016, 03:14 PM
Youngling

maleshub is a jewel in the roughmaleshub is a jewel in the roughmaleshub is a jewel in the rough

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terez View Post
The OP is Brandon's words, except for the last line. I think he posted it on reddit. Did you notice the date?
Thank you I didn't notice the date. But that offers the possibility that Brandon will still write WoT stuff