art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Non WoT Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 12-21-2017, 10:45 PM
Ancient

Kimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond repute
Default Tarantino Trek?

This could be interesting...

https://www.avclub.com/tarantinos-st...act-1821516953

Quote:
Speaking of things that should be interesting to see: We still donít know a single damn thing about this movie, other than the fact that Tarantinoís idea was so great that he was able to win over Paramount and convince them to make it R-rated. It could be totally bananas, with a star captain slaughtering sci-fi Nazis with a samurai sword, or it could be some kind of back-to-basics approach that also has a lot of nudity and cussing. We have no idea, and our assumptions are just going to get wackier until Paramount gives up some plot details.
Here's hoping we get Kirk and Spock taking on samurai Nazis, with Samuel L Jackson as Kirk and Steve Buscemi as Spock. Or at least the two of them as the bad guys.
Old 12-21-2017, 11:19 PM
Hero of the Horn

ShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond repute

I read somewhere that one of the things that Tarantino absoluately loves about Star Trek was the Next Generation episode "Yesterday's Enterprise" featuring the Enterprise-C and the return after Tasha Yar. I think he could rock that continuity, but it doesn't entirely fit with what's currently going on out there.
Old 12-21-2017, 11:36 PM
Ancient

Kimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond reputeKimon has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowbaneX View Post
I read somewhere that one of the things that Tarantino absoluately loves about Star Trek was the Next Generation episode "Yesterday's Enterprise" featuring the Enterprise-C and the return after Tasha Yar. I think he could rock that continuity, but it doesn't entirely fit with what's currently going on out there.
Considering the R-rating and Tarantino, something along the lines of the Mirror, Mirror parallel universe might make sense.
Old 12-22-2017, 09:13 AM
Hero of the Horn

Infidel has disabled reputation

How about that? This makes me more excited about the next Trek film than the next Wars film.

Tarantino > Abrams any day of the week.
Old 12-22-2017, 09:21 AM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
"When you beamed over to my starship, did you see a sign that said 'Dead Klingon Storage'?"

"No, I didn't."

"You know why you didn't see that sign?"

"Why?"

"Cause it ain't there, cause storing dead Klingons ain't my fuckin' business, that's why!"

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot
Old 12-22-2017, 10:14 AM
Hero of the Horn

ShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davian93 View Post
"When you beamed over to my starship, did you see a sign that said 'Dead Klingon Storage'?"

"No, I didn't."

"You know why you didn't see that sign?"

"Why?"

"Cause it ain't there, cause storing dead Klingons ain't my fuckin' business, that's why!"
Now who does he cast Christoph Waltz as? I mean you can get Samuel L. Jackson to play Guinan, but Waltz doesn't really fit Klingon or Romulan, let alone Vulcan. Ferengi could work but it's a lot of makeup.
Old 12-22-2017, 11:56 AM
Ancient

Quote:
Now who does he cast Christoph Waltz as? I mean you can get Samuel L. Jackson to play Guinan, but Waltz doesn't really fit Klingon or Romulan, let alone Vulcan. Ferengi could work but it's a lot of makeup.
Bizarro World Nazi Picard?
Old 12-22-2017, 12:49 PM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimon View Post
"And do you know why they call me The Ferengi Hunter, Number One? Because I think like a Ferengi"

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Old 12-22-2017, 03:14 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
I think Patrick Stewart has said he'd reprise the role of Picardy if Tarantino is directing.
Old 12-22-2017, 03:33 PM
Ancient

Quote:
I think Patrick Stewart has said he'd reprise the role of Picardy if Tarantino is directing.
The problem with using any of the original cast (if Tarantino does a TNG reboot) runs into one rather obvious problem - fine to show age with any of them except with Data, and while Brent Spiner has reprised a bunch of different roles in the various spinoffs (mostly as Noonien and Arik Soong), pretty sure that he himself has admitted that he is now far too old to pull off being Data again.
Old 12-22-2017, 03:40 PM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
The problem with using any of the original cast (if Tarantino does a TNG reboot) runs into one rather obvious problem - fine to show age with any of them except with Data, and while Brent Spiner has reprised a bunch of different roles in the various spinoffs (mostly as Noonien and Arik Soong), pretty sure that he himself has admitted that he is now far too old to pull off being Data again.
This is true, but Tarantino directing Stewart? Would be awesome. It would suck to lose Spiner, but Stewart alone might make it worthwhile.

I'm not sure if they could pull off the Yesterday's Enterprise motif with Stewart, but if they have to keep Pine, Quinto et al with Tarantino, perhaps they could have Stewart in the past trying to figure out what happened to his time line?

Actually, that'd probably suck, nm.
Old 12-26-2017, 08:44 AM
Hero of the Horn

Quote:
Spiner was far too old to play Data back when Insurrection came out let alone now. There's a reason they tried to kill him off in Nemesis.