art by =saintchase

Theoryland Resources

WoT Interview Search

Search the most comprehensive database of interviews and book signings from Robert Jordan, Brandon Sanderson and the rest of Team Jordan.

Wheel of Time News

An Hour With Harriet

2012-04-30: I had the great pleasure of speaking with Harriet McDougal Rigney about her life. She's an amazing talent and person and it will take you less than an hour to agree.

The Bell Tolls

2012-04-24: Some thoughts I had during JordanCon4 and the upcoming conclusion of "The Wheel of Time."

Theoryland Community

Members: 7653

Logged In (0):

Newest Members:johnroserking, petermorris, johnadanbvv, AndrewHB, jofwu, Salemcat1, Dhakatimesnews, amazingz, Sasooner, Hasib123,

Theoryland Tweets

Forums

Home | Chat | Old Forums(Yuku)

Go Back   Theoryland of the Wheel of Time Forums > THEORYLAND STEDDINGS > Non WoT Discussion
User Name
Password

Old 07-05-2016, 06:47 PM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Anyone Ever Been To Denver?

I have an opportunity to relocate there for a huge opportunity to advance my career and I was curious if anyone had ever been there?

Well...anyone?

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot
Old 07-05-2016, 06:48 PM
Hero of the Horn

ShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond reputeShadowbaneX has a reputation beyond repute

I think I might have passed through there on a family vacation to Vancouver in 1990.
Old 07-05-2016, 08:31 PM
Elder

Rand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of lightRand al'Fain is a glorious beacon of light

Been there, done that, don't like big cities because of it.

Most big cities build up. Denver builds out. Getting to the point where you may as well count the surrounding towns as suburbs of Denver (if you don't otherwise).

Also, be careful when on streets with more than 2 lanes, as drivers down there tend to change lanes without much warning. And often, if on the interstate, several lanes at a time.

Best of luck!

Oh, and they are crazy about Denver sports teams, but don't expect much news on the college teams, at least in detail, on the news outlets.
Old 07-05-2016, 11:00 PM
Hero of the Horn

Weird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant futureWeird Harold has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Davian93 View Post
I have an opportunity to relocate there for a huge opportunity to advance my career and I was curious if anyone had ever been there?

Well...anyone?
I was stationed at Lowry AFB for eight months some 48 years ago. The only thing I recall that might be the same is that I managed to build up enough static electricity to throw a spark over four inches long.

A nice enough place, I guess. At least Pot is legal for recreational and medical use so you can zone out if things get difficult.

(Now if I could just figure out which questions they go to. )

I met you in a past life. You were wrong then, too.
Old 07-06-2016, 01:45 PM
Hero of the Horn

Terez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond reputeTerez has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via AIM to Terez

Quote:

Well...anyone?
Do it! It's a swing state; they need you. My brother lived in Colorado for a while and he loved it; he wasn't in Denver, though. Not sure how you'd like the city, but the state has some lovely getaway spots. That's probably an understatement.
Old 07-07-2016, 01:59 AM
Elder

Sukoto is a splendid one to beholdSukoto is a splendid one to beholdSukoto is a splendid one to beholdSukoto is a splendid one to beholdSukoto is a splendid one to beholdSukoto is a splendid one to beholdSukoto is a splendid one to beholdSukoto is a splendid one to beholdSukoto is a splendid one to behold

Quote:

Well...anyone?
I've passed through Denver several times, and I currently live in a Denver-like area (Eastern Washington). Having moved from California, I love the affordable cost of housing here. Love it. And it's beautiful.

Things that may disappoint: food is not as fresh or authentic this far inland. A shopping mall is often considered the most happening place aside from the outdoors.

If you want to live in Denver, you should ask yourself these questions:

1. Do I love the outdoors?
2. How do I feel about big cities?
3. How do I feel about stereotypical American suburbs?
4. How do I feel about driving?
5. How do I feel about football?

If the answer to #1 is yes, and if the answers to #2-5 are "tolerable" or better, then you will probably like Denver. There are more things to do in and around the mountains and the city than you will ever have time for. And of course they have Internet in Denver, so you'd be covered.
Old 07-10-2016, 04:59 PM
Hero of the Horn

Davian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond reputeDavian93 has a reputation beyond repute

If you want to live in Denver, you should ask yourself these questions:

1. Do I love the outdoors?

Yes, yes we do. A big part of why we live in VT is our love of the outdoors.

2. How do I feel about big cities?

I grew up in Philly...and lived in DC & Boston before...I neither hate nor absolutely love big cities. I love the amenities (culture, museums, etc) available from them though but dislike huge crowds, heavy traffic, etc so its a mixed bag.

3. How do I feel about stereotypical American suburbs?

I've lived in them before...a bit boring but nice nonetheless for raising a family and that's a big part of our plan now to start a family so...guess its time.

4. How do I feel about driving?

No big deal.

Enjoy it immensely...and like having access to all 4 major sports again.

"We caught them in an alley on skid row in downtown Philly and brought them down with Uzi's and dogs. I beat the shit out of one of the guys for resisting arrest. After that, I went home, fried up some tofu with strawberry preserves and melon sticky rice, laid down on the couch with my snuggie and ate rose petals in sweet daisy wine sauce and watched Mamma Mia on DVD and then cried myself to sleep."

Theoryland: Just Some Crazy In A Pot
Old 07-11-2016, 02:45 AM
Hero of the Horn

Mort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond reputeMort has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via MSN to Mort

Quote:

Enjoy it immensely...and like having access to all 4 major sports again.
But which sports teams? For some reason I didn't peg you as a broncos fan. Just because you love football doesn't mean you should move to [insert your worst football team's city here] *cough*Browns*Cough*

"I discovered at an early age that if I talk long enough, I can make anything right or wrong. So either I am God, or truth is relative." - Jeff Winger, Community
----------

We rode on the winds of the rising storm, we ran to the sounds of thunder.
We danced among the lighting bolts, and tore the world asunder.